OT: Fitness and Nutrition XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
How likely is it that I could have Type 2 diabetes?

I pee every hour or so, and wake up two or three times a night to pee.
Im thirsty as f*** 24/7
My hands, legs and feet are often tingling or going numb.
My vision is blurry at times, but I think I can trace this back to getting up too fast or something.
Im tired, like ive never been before, but Im thinking this may be linked to peeing at night.

Note that I have at times overrate and I have a bad relationship with food, but like most of you know, Im still pretty strict with my diet, aside from cheating religiously every week or so, I eat 120% clean.
Type 2 diabetes has 5 main symptoms:
-increased hunger (polyphagia)
- increased thirst (polydipsia)
- frequent need to pee (polyuria)
- unexplained weight loss
- fatigue

For it to happen in someone who eats mostly clean and lifts would be surprising (although "eating clean" doesn't mean **** and can basically be the opposite if you're carnivore or vegan), I'd get check out. It's an easy blood test, HbA1C. The tingling could be diabetic neuropathy

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Type 2 diabetes has 5 main symptoms:
-increased hunger (polyphagia)
- increased thirst (polydipsia)
- frequent need to pee (polyuria)
- unexplained weight loss
- fatigue

For it to happen in someone who eats mostly clean and lifts would be surprising (although "eating clean" doesn't mean **** and can basically be the opposite if you're carnivore or vegan), I'd get check out. It's an easy blood test, HbA1C. The tingling could be diabetic neuropathy
Yeah I only have trouble peeing and Im thirsty

Though im also always tired ngl

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
I'm addicted to food and can't stop binging, especially during covid, please advise.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I'm addicted to food and can't stop binging, especially during covid, please advise.

Hard for me to give any advice, as pandemic-induced stress has made me dry pretty much whatever fat I had on.

Drink tons of water and go for low-caloric snacks like crudities and humus? Allow yourself one cheat meal per week. That advice may sound counter productive but I think it actually goes a long way when trying to stay disciplined when you know there's a reward at some point.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That’s about 675 calories from fat. Not bad actually considering your high calorie intake.

Just banged out an outdoor workout in the freezing cold. Was freaking miserable.

Just did one inside and it still sucks.
80 inch TV calling me.
Comfy L-couch calling me.
Food everywhere calling me.
Laptop calling me.

Distractions every f***ing where.

Reactions: Mrb1p

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Just did one inside and it still sucks.
80 inch TV calling me.
Comfy L-couch calling me.
Food everywhere calling me.
Laptop calling me.

Distractions every f***ing where.
Yup, motivation was never an issue for me, but this shutdown is testing it.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Any runner here?

Ran 14km yesterday.

Feels good.
I am getting back into it, slowly. I did too much, too fast in 2018 and ended up with hamstring injury.

I do 5km-10km twice a week now. Not the fastest pace at 6:10/km on average but it does feel great.

Reactions: angusyoung

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Getting huge bro, keep it up! Repping out 225 is the greatest feel ever.

Well, second to reppin out 315 :laugh:

Thanks! Definitely not going near 315 at my current weight though hehe (178).

I know of a guy who has crazy strength. Like legit crazy strength. Repped 315 x 5 at 175 pounds on the bench. Deadlifts 500 pretty easily too (sumo).

That just boggles my mind.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I know of a guy who has crazy strength. Like legit crazy strength. Repped 315 x 5 at 175 pounds on the bench. Deadlifts 500 pretty easily too (sumo).

I think the World Record for Bench at 123lbs is 455lbs, drug tested too...apparently.lol

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You couldn't resist could you..lol

Hahah, this is how things go brother!

Dont settle king, you can get there too! Its just a marathon and it takes time to get there, but its clearly not impossible.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I think anyone that has a world record in any athletic-related field is on top of the human food chain, even if they're on PEDs.

So you are pro PED's for Olympic athletes and pro athletes even though they are proven harmful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad