OT: Fitness and Nutrition XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
How likely is it that I could have Type 2 diabetes?

I pee every hour or so, and wake up two or three times a night to pee.
Im thirsty as f*** 24/7
My hands, legs and feet are often tingling or going numb.
My vision is blurry at times, but I think I can trace this back to getting up too fast or something.
Im tired, like ive never been before, but Im thinking this may be linked to peeing at night.

Note that I have at times overrate and I have a bad relationship with food, but like most of you know, Im still pretty strict with my diet, aside from cheating religiously every week or so, I eat 120% clean.

It seems unlikely but you should go to a doctor to get tested for things like a1c, blood glucose and insulin.

The peeing could be due to an irritated bladder. There might be some foods that you shouldn't eat as much of, like cayenne pepper.

If you're getting up to pee then your sleep is shit which will impact everything else. You need sleep. Your doctor might also prescribe tadalafil for bladder control.

Whether you eat clean is not clear. For example, my understanding is that you take in over 200 grams a day of protein. That's a serious strain on your digestive system, including the processing off all of that uric acid as the majority of that protein gets converted to sugar. Further, protein causes an insulin spike just like sugar does.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It seems unlikely but you should go to a doctor to get tested for things like a1c, blood glucose and insulin.

The peeing could be due to an irritated bladder. There might be some foods that you shouldn't eat as much of, like cayenne pepper.

If you're getting up to pee then your sleep is shit which will impact everything else. You need sleep. Your doctor might also prescribe tadalafil for bladder control.

Whether you eat clean is not clear. For example, my understanding is that you take in over 200 grams a day of protein. That's a serious strain on your digestive system, including the processing off all of that uric acid as the majority of that protein gets converted to sugar. Further, protein causes an insulin spike just like sugar does.
Yeah, Im guessing the peeing and waking up at night are feeding off each other with me having the thirst of an elephant but why would I also have numbness in my extremities.

Also I eat 200ish grams at 220 lbs, not exactly outrageous. I have to eat calories somewhere.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Yeah, Im guessing the peeing and waking up at night are feeding off each other with me having the thirst of an elephant but why would I also have numbness in my extremities.

Also I eat 200ish grams at 220 lbs, not exactly outrageous. I have to eat calories somewhere.

You have to get your calories from somewhere, but fats and complex carbs are less intensive to digest than protein.

The tingling could also come from dehydration or mineral depletion, which is more likely if you're peeing all of the time. Are you having a lot of coffee and tea?

Discussing this with you is fun but I encourage you to see a doctor as soon as you can.

Reactions: MasterD

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Im thirsty as f*** 24/7
My vision is blurry at times, but I think I can trace this back to getting up too fast or something.
Im tired, like ive never been before, but Im thinking this may be linked to peeing at night.

Note that I have at times overrate and I have a bad relationship with food, but like most of you know, Im still pretty strict with my diet, aside from cheating religiously every week or so, I eat 120% clean.

Get checked. Could be type 1 as well. My dad got diagnosed at 32 and they think it started when he was aroumd 25.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Started an intensification block (5 x 5) yesterday. Focusing on Bench Press, Barbell Squat and Military Press. Started with really conservative weights (255 on back squat, 195 on bench press) and my last set is an amrap.

In the past few weeks I've also realized that I tend to need a rest day after 2 training sessions if I want to recover properly on a 3 days split. Tried 3 on 1 off 2 on 1 off, and it seems like I struggled to recover for the last 3 trainings of the week.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Thought some might find this interesting and/or helpful...its a link to sante montreal article on changes to alcohol/cannabis/tobacco consumption in the first months of the pandemic.

Public

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Im thirsty as f*** 24/7

I have the exact same problem. I got my blood checked and never got any feedback so I assumed everything’s alright.

Reactions: Mrb1p

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I also have some trouble emptying my bladder completely

MY PANTS SMELL LIKE PISS, YEAH

Pelvic physiotherapy and/or 5mg/day tadalafil might help you.

You might also not be able to handle spicy foods, coffee, etc.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Just got back from a run. The cold/not freezing temps aren't bad once you get moving, but I don't know if I'll stay motivated if I'm forced to run outdoors when it's below freezing. I'm looking into getting ice cleats for my shoes just in case gyms are still closed in January/February. I miss the convenience and comfort of my gym...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm hoping this isn't your dating profile.

I like to be honest and upfront

Pelvic physiotherapy and/or 5mg/day tadalafil might help you.

You might also not be able to handle spicy foods, coffee, etc.

I don't see any difference from consuming coffee and spicy foods or not, so Im not sure this is it.

Im 28 and I have trouble with this, shits hitting the fan pretty quick for me.

Reactions: Lshap

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I like to be honest and upfront

I don't see any difference from consuming coffee and spicy foods or not, so Im not sure this is it.

Im 28 and I have trouble with this, shits hitting the fan pretty quick for me.
My stupid dad-jokes aside, I sincerely hope you take this seriously. Whatever issue your system is struggling with -- digestive, blood sugar, whatever -- can probably be easily diagnosed and corrected by a doctor/nutritionist/naturopath, whatever professional you feel most comfortable with. The longer you delay, the harder and longer it takes to fix.

MaxLac

Oct 5, 2017

Im thirsty as f*** 24/7

It may be personal, but do you drink a lot of alchool? I'm a sober alchoolic and I used to have those symptomes when I was drinking.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It may be personal, but do drink a lot of alchool? I'm a sober alchoolic and I used to have those symptomes when I was drinking.
I used to drink a lot in my early 20s, basically stumbling around drunk every day and passing out at least a few times a month but, no, now I drink a beer every now and then and Im totally FUBAR when I do.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
5 reps at 135 pounds on the Military Press! Woot! I know it's not Guiness Record material but I'm happy to hit this treshold at 178 pounds of bodyweight.

What's even more surprising is that I hadn't done this movement in like a year. Looks like all this hypertrophy work and all these tempo variations worked.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
MEAT PILLARS BOYS, MEAT PILLARS
IMG_20201116_155529_664.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad