OT: Fitness and Nutrition XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I’ve been doing park workouts since Covid, sucks cuz I was making PB after PB at the gym before, but have gotten into great shape- am about 10 pounds leaner- doing this workout three times a week:
Superset 1 X 3
handstand push-ups
Hanging rows
Jumping squats

Superset 2 X3
Pause pushups
Pull-ups
Hockey extensions

Superset 3 X3
Rotator planks
Hill run
crunches

Reactions: The Sweetness

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
During my FORCED hiatus I packed on like 10 POUNDS OF PURE BEEF MUSCLE

The pandemic had me in the first half, not gonna lie. But right now im in the best shape of my life.

I got myself 500 pounds of bare steel. A stubby axle from Gorilla. Built myself a squat rack with buckets and 2x4s, I got myself sand-filled kegs (One 100 pound and one 200 pound.). I got myself a sand bag to throw. I got myself a speed rope.

Ive been training strongman style and been leaning hard on my overhead strength and Im closing in on a 300 pound axle press.

Deadlift/Squat/Bench went down a bit, not gonna lie, but my axle deadlift is at 425 and thats without straps, sounds low for someone that can deadlift 550 on any day, but those bars are rough, rough. (The record is at 528 by a monster of a man Terry Holland... I have no idea howe Im 100 pounds from that but im kinda excited about it. I wonder how many people can really deadlift 400+ on that bar, and why, out of the blue, I, the most average of average lifters, can do it.)

Ive also gotten my single leg strength up to a point where I can do easy pistol squats.

Im @ 220 and we can see clear separation on my first four abs.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I’ve been doing park workouts since Covid, sucks cuz I was making PB after PB at the gym before, but have gotten into great shape- am about 10 pounds leaner- doing this workout three times a week:
Superset 1 X 3
handstand push-ups
Hanging rows
Jumping squats

Superset 2 X3
Pause pushups
Pull-ups
Hockey extensions

Superset 3 X3
Rotator planks
Hill run
crunches

I just can't get behind bodyweight workouts no matter how many times I try.
Good on you!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
During my FORCED hiatus I packed on like 10 POUNDS OF PURE BEEF MUSCLE

The pandemic had me in the first half, not gonna lie. But right now im in the best shape of my life.

I got myself 500 pounds of bare steel. A stubby axle from Gorilla. Built myself a squat rack with buckets and 2x4s, I got myself sand-filled kegs (One 100 pound and one 200 pound.). I got myself a sand bag to throw. I got myself a speed rope.

Ive been training strongman style and been leaning hard on my overhead strength and Im closing in on a 300 pound axle press.

Deadlift/Squat/Bench went down a bit, not gonna lie, but my axle deadlift is at 425 and thats without straps, sounds low for someone that can deadlift 550 on any day, but those bars are rough, rough. (The record is at 528 by a monster of a man Terry Holland... I have no idea howe Im 100 pounds from that but im kinda excited about it. I wonder how many people can really deadlift 400+ on that bar, and why, out of the blue, I, the most average of average lifters, can do it.)

Ive also gotten my single leg strength up to a point where I can do easy pistol squats.

Im @ 220 and we can see clear separation on my first four abs.

I put on 20lbs during the pandemic. Only back a couple weeks at the gym but I do 5-8 sessions per week, so I'm definitely climbing back up the ladder with strength and getting the muscles to feel tighter instead of flabby.
That said, my weight isn't fluctuating. I'm still at 213lb but stomach is getting tighter as well. I think I'll just try to stay at this weight for a while and just get f***ing jacked. 6'2 210lbs jacked....I can get behind that.
Nutrition has been all over the place, I'm gonna try to organize better and double my protein intake, reduce the crappy carbs, and see how I feel.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I put on 20lbs during the pandemic. Only back a couple weeks at the gym but I do 5-8 sessions per week, so I'm definitely climbing back up the ladder with strength and getting the muscles to feel tighter instead of flabby.
That said, my weight isn't fluctuating. I'm still at 213lb but stomach is getting tighter as well. I think I'll just try to stay at this weight for a while and just get f***ing jacked. 6'2 210lbs jacked....I can get behind that.
Nutrition has been all over the place, I'm gonna try to organize better and double my protein intake, reduce the crappy carbs, and see how I feel.

Yeah, focusing on nutrition yields such great results. All over the board, feeling superhuman right now @ 2800 cals and 240 g of prots.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Its poser BS nobody can make any decent gains doing this.

Well maybe decent for the average NA fatty
Depends what you mean by gains.
Weight loss can be considered gains if it's the objective.
Handstand push ups, pull ups, inverted rows and hill sprints can definitely improve your strength.
But yes, it's limited.

For the rest, you'll get gains in muscle endurance, not necessarily strength.

To get really strong from bodyweight workouts, you need to go into gymnastics and increase the complexity of the exercises.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Depends what you mean by gains.
Weight loss can be considered gains if it's the objective.
Handstand push ups, pull ups, inverted rows and hill sprints can definitely improve your strength.
But yes, it's limited.

For the rest, you'll get gains in muscle endurance, not necessarily strength.

To get really strong from bodyweight workouts, you need to go into gymnastics and increase the complexity of the exercises.

I mean, you can get in shape I guess, but my standards are higher than the average joe.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah, focusing on nutrition yields such great results. All over the board, feeling superhuman right now @ 2800 cals and 240 g of prots.

Ya I'm gonna try to hit at least 200g of proteins on workout days. No limit on fruits and veggies and maybe just one serving of rice or bread or potatoes per day.

Reactions: Mrb1p

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I just can't get behind bodyweight workouts no matter how many times I try.
Good on you!
The handstand push-ups and hanging rows at least give some heavier weight type lifts. Definitely not something I was ever planning on getting on, but with the weather being nice I’m enjoying it for now.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The handstand push-ups and hanging rows at least give some heavier weight type lifts. Definitely not something I was ever planning on getting on, but with the weather being nice I’m enjoying it for now.
Handstands yes...inverted rows you'll have to do a lot of reps so it'll be more muscle endurance than strength, unless you add weights on you, or go into front levers.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Handstands yes...inverted rows you'll have to do a lot of reps so it'll be more muscle endurance than strength, unless you add weights on you, or go into front levers.
Maybe I’m doing them kinda different, doing an underhand grip on the bar and getting my body on a plane even to the ground, and rowing it up. Pretty tough- especially on the core- almost like a plank. I’m maxing at about 5 reps a set.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Maybe I’m doing them kinda different, doing an underhand grip on the bar and getting my body on a plane even to the ground, and rowing it up. Pretty tough- especially on the core- almost like a plank. I’m maxing at about 5 reps a set.
Ya I figured that's how you'd do them, otherwise it'd be too easy.
Just 5 reps? Are you going with a slow eccentric tempo?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I've been doing this Strongman oriented program weekly for about 10 weeks now (Periodized so rep scheme moved from 12-8 //6-5s // 3-1s)

Sunday:
Deadlifts competition style (Axle right now, will go back to normal bar with higher weights in a few weeks once my gym re-opens, or Ill find a new one as I don't have enough weight to work in the 3/1 range anyway.)
Back accessory (English rows right now.)
OHP competition style (Axle clean and press)
Traps for the lol's and to really kill my grip

Monday:
Squat competition style(Regular low bar)
Bench press competition style
OHP variation depending on how I feel, always from rack (Keg, Zpress...)
Hammer curls with heavy ass weight

Thursday:
Snatch grip deficit deadlift without straps (Overkill you say ? Probably :laugh:, but my speed off the floor SUX, anytime I break the halfway point of the shin, Ill lock it out. More speed won't hurt.)
Bench press variation (Been loving the JM floorpress lately, my triceps are yuuuuuuuuge.)
Deficit+loaded push ups (Where has this been all my life ?)
Carries (Keg/Sand bag)

Friday:
Front squat
Walking lunges/Bulgarian split squats.
OHP stritch presses
Some form of stricter curls for the girl

I keep it low on the accessories and have most of my volume on compounds but Ive never loved training that much, I think.

Ive sadly missed the deadline for the Strongman provincial in september, but Ill try and get in the next meet when they pick a date. Ive been training alone for too long and I feel that I need that to take the next step. Im also really f***ing great at some of the strongman events... (Yoke and Carries mainly.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->