Fire Treliving

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
a hot start really clouded judgement on this team. we are playing well and that should be commended but find a team with no 1C and 1D that has ever won the cup. we are missing critical pieces to be contenders and a once in how many years opportunity shows up and we lay an egg. I would drive mangi to buffalo myself if it was him zary and 1st as main pieces for jack freaking eichel. theres no way that offer should not have been beaten in an eichel trade, injured or not.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
I have no problem with Treliving not making a deal for Eichel. I actually believe that we have something good going on here. Maybe missing a piece or two.

Completely agree with you, @Nanuuk. I am more than willing to see where we're at come All-Star break, this team has been a lot of fun to watch so far, and I think Tre can find a better fit than Eichel, personally. What we need is for Dutter to put Mony with Mangi and Dube, and get Ritchie off that line lol

Reactions: Nanuuk

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Treliving got outsmarted, outplayed by Vegas . Lost 2 stars to a divisional rivals is not good. They were both within reach.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Completely agree with you, @Nanuuk. I am more than willing to see where we're at come All-Star break, this team has been a lot of fun to watch so far, and I think Tre can find a better fit than Eichel, personally. What we need is for Dutter to put Mony with Mangi and Dube, and get Ritchie off that line lol
If Mony can get his speed up. Right now Dube is a weapon for us with his speed down the middle. I don't think Sutter will use Monahan as a winger.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I can't wait for this fanbase to be all happy with this club... until we have to play a healthy Vegas in the first round of the playoffs and get absolutely slaughtered. Or line up against a healthy Avs team and watch Nathan MacKinnon murder us.

Anyone else love the fact that two of the best centres on the planet will be in our division for the next 5 years minimum? Amazing.

I f***ing hate this team so much.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I can't wait for this fanbase to be all happy with this club... until we have to play a healthy Vegas in the first round of the playoffs and get absolutely slaughtered. Or line up against a healthy Avs team and watch Nathan MacKinnon murder us.

Anyone else love the fact that two of the best centres on the planet will be in our division for the next 5 years minimum? Amazing.

and the fact that our best player becomes useless at playoffs time because he has no help.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

We'll never know, but maybe Tre was frozen out. Friedman says Buffalo wanted Tkachuk...maybe he should have done it, maybe not. Like maybe Adams wanted Krebs only. Seems crazy, but maybe he told Tre he didn't want any of his prospects.
Does suck that this kind of trade opportunity comes along never.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
They couldn't fire Hartley after he dragged that team to the playoffs that season. Otherwise he would have been gone much sooner, and likely the Flames would have had Bill Peters sooner as well (and no Glen Gulutzan)

You'll need to justify this.

Yes.

David Rittich is looking fairly good. Not elite, but pretty good.

This off-season doesn't even come close. Or did you forget this organization existed prior to 2002?

Rittich hasnt even played a game in Nashville and sucked in Toronto. Am I missing something

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
He swings the bat, and is rumored to be a very busy GM. He seems to have a tendency to try to seek out "diamonds in the rough" or 2nd 3rd line players that could play better given an opportunity. In which he has had mixed results. The problem is his big-game hunting is pretty weak, there's been some big dogs shipped around the league since hes been in control and hes misssed the mark on all of them. This Eichel thing is nothing new. I think he is personally infatuated with every player he has ever drafted, because he sure doesn't like to trade players once they're drafted.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I’m sure he worked the phones so hard again. Barf

Results based business. He’s mediocre af. We don’t go on a run this yr we have 3 top 10 centres in the division for a decade. Might as well capitulate at that point.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Draisatl too.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
We'll never know, but maybe Tre was frozen out. Friedman says Buffalo wanted Tkachuk...maybe he should have done it, maybe not. Like maybe Adams wanted Krebs only. Seems crazy, but maybe he told Tre he didn't want any of his prospects.
Does suck that this kind of trade opportunity comes along never.

Could have been something like prospect preference, but then why would it not have been done earlier? I really think it came down to us not being able to clear the cap space needed. Vegas could just LTIR Stone and get something done. We couldn’t find a way to offload $10m in capspace.

Smh.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
New thought: Treliving has managed to build a roster that is almost untradable. That’s why he has not been able to make any deal for awhile now.

some guys can not be traded. Some guys we can’t trade. Some guys he value them way more than the market. Tough spot to be in.

all chips are with Sutter doing his magic now. Pretty good so far but it’s still early, even Buffalo and San Jose are doing good.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Could have been something like prospect preference, but then why would it not have been done earlier? I really think it came down to us not being able to clear the cap space needed. Vegas could just LTIR Stone and get something done. We couldn’t find a way to offload $10m in capspace.

Smh.
Because Nobody wants Monahan right now at that price?

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I'm on board with firing Treliving. It's not just about the Eichel non-trade.

It's not selling high on a guy like Hanifin when he had Kylington and Valimaki.

It's not selling high on a guy like Monahan when he had Sam Bennett.

It's botching the Brodie situation from the Kadri trade to the UFA walk

It's botching the Giordano situation when he could have traded him for assets.

It's hiring Gulutzan, Peters, and Ward.

It's signing Brouwer/Neal/Bouma to deals they were never going to live up to.

It's not acquiring two PP1 calibre RHS forwards in a nearly eight year span of being GM.

It's waiving Paul Byron when the team sorely needed a speedy 200 foot player to set the pace and tempo and compete level.

It's generally just being gutless.

Can the Flames maybe pull a 2019 Blues and eke out the cup? Sure. But that's not because of Treliving, it's because of a core that Button drafted. It's mostly in spite of Treliving, actually.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014

does it make it better when you realize that there are 3 of the best centers (Eichel, McDavid, and it pains me to say it Draisatl) and 1 who is anointed only by Canuck fans better than all but McDavid (Pettersson).

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I have no problem with Treliving not making a deal for Eichel. I actually believe that we have something good going on here. Maybe missing a piece or two.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Can't wait for another 1st round playoff exit. I can't believe that some fans are content going forward with our mediocre roster that barely holds a candle to top teams in this league. The definition of instanity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad