Fire Treliving

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It’s incredibly sad

Treliving is stuck with the same core and he can only make cosmetic surgeries that cause more damage than good

hopefully I can find some new entertainment instead of having to endure Johnny/Monahan again

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Tre continues to do a good job. From the ED to draft day to a couple of small trades to his UFA signings, so far so good. And I don't think he is finished yet. He still has about 12M is cap space and I think he may have a trade in the works.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Tre continues to do a good job. From the ED to draft day to a couple of small trades to his UFA signings, so far so good. And I don't think he is finished yet. He still has about 12M is cap space and I think he may have a trade in the works.
lol trading a pick for pitlick, just so ryan can sign cheaper with our rivals? Overypaying another left hand shot with a career high of 36 points? what about this is good?

Also we do not have 12m in cap space. We pretty much have none after signing Dube, Zadorov, Kylington, Valimaki and a backup goaltender

edit: just seeing the Vladar trade now. Good pickup for a cheap backup goalie, but still wont have much cap after signing those players

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief Mucker

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
The question for me is… we fire treliving. Who replaces him and who is an upgrade in that department? Unless a really good GM becomes available I don’t know if there is anyone who I would like to bring in. Ideally you try and bring Iggy in for that role and hope he takes to it like Yzerman, Sakic, and Guerin. Would need to have him learn as AGM for awhile. I don’t know if Conroy would be that guy in the meantime, but I think it would be his job if Tre gets fired

It would be just like the old days, back in 2003.

Conroy would become the GM for a few years and Iginla the AGM then Conroy passes the GM position to Iginla. It's poetry... except it's sports.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
lol trading a pick for pitlick, just so ryan can sign cheaper with our rivals? Overypaying another left hand shot with a career high of 36 points? what about this is good?

Also we do not have 12m in cap space. We pretty much have none after signing Dube, Zadorov, Kylington, Valimaki and a backup goaltender

edit: just seeing the Vladar trade now. Good pickup for a cheap backup goalie, but still wont have much cap after signing those players
In fairness Ryan probably didn't want to return after being waived to start the season when his play in his first two years here didn't support that at all.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
I'm morbidly curious to see how it all plays out. I can't see Tre going into the season with that group of forwards. The stockpiling of dmen suggests to me that a deal could be on the horizon for a top-6 forward.

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I’ve honestly liked Treliving as a GM overall and think he’s probably been our best GM since Al Coates. But his time is up, I’m ready for someone new with a different vision or direction.

This core is not good enough to win. That much we know, it has been proven. Darryl Sutter as our coach does not make us Cup Champs. Treliving has shown a reluctancy to either rebuild or move out core pieces because he’s not going to sell low and lose a deal. I get why he’s doing that, the problem is he’s wasting the best prime years of Johnny, Mony and Lindy.

Reactions: TheHudlinator

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
The next 12 months with the Flames is going to say alot in terms of direction. I am almost expecting Gaudreau to walk for nothing based on the continuous corners Treliving paints himself into in terms of asset and cap management.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Im aboard now, i dont care if you in everything if you cant get anything done beside some 7th D trade. Esp when you keep playing 2nd fiddle to teams in your division. Hall, stone, now eichel... Just no balls

Reactions: flamesforcup

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
You know what they say, rejection is protection. As long as we can keep our core intact, I don't really GAF about Eichel, though it will be interesting to see how McPhee/McCrimmon navigate their cap. Even with Tuch heading to Buffalo, the Knights have $18M on IR, and ten players making at least $5M, Eichel makes it eleven. I can't blame Tre for this one, I doubt Eichel was ever coming here, and all the smoke in the media was just to try driving up the price on the Vegas end. There's no way he couldn't/wouldn't/didn't offer more than Tuch, Krebs, a protected 1st and a 3rd. Eichel was always going to Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad