Fire Treliving

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I honestly admire how much loyalty you have to this organization because holy sh*t are you biased in your assessment of our standing relative to the other teams in this league. Like dude, we suck. We’re supposed to be in win now mode yet we’re barely keeping up with Ottawa. We don’t hold a candle to freaking Edmonton and Toronto who are not even that good. Just imagine if we had to play Colorado or Boston or Tampa. Look at those rosters, with probably 5 or 6 guys on each team that are better than legit every single player we have, and please tell me how we can still be considered a contender? Carolina? Vegas? Washington?
if you genuinely believe in this organization winning a Stanley cup then you honestly are simply a Lunatik. We need a massive overhaul. Brad, our core, our hockey ops department, coaching staff. Things must change. It has nothing to do with ‘1 down year’, it’s that our team is straight up not that good and any unbiased fan would rank us near the middle of the pack with a bottom-10 prospect pool. We gotta look at ourselves in the mirror and stop with these last chances. I have to respect the loyalty tho damn, I wish I still had blind faith like this
I agree with this. It’s reality check time. Calgary is nowhere close to contending for a cup. They need to pretty much scorch earth this organization. Go through 4-5 yrs of hell, accumulate some high end prospects, much like Toronto did with matthews, manner and nylander. As this poster said, look at who your competing against, hell I even put Vancouver in a better spot because they have young franchise pieces.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If Treliving doesn't make a few major moves this off season to improve the team... fire him. Standing relatively pat and picking up a few $700,000 players just won't cut it.
The team has major problems and holes... which we all are very much aware of.
Move #1 should be trade Johnny. He's not going to re-sign here and even if Treliving could convince him to stay he will be asking for huge $$$ and term to do that. Johnny turns 28 this August and when his new contract comes into effect he will be 29.
Also Tkachuk's qualifying offer, that the Flames will have to make next summer, will be $9M so Treliving might want to think about trading him too.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If Treliving doesn't make a few major moves this off season to improve the team... fire him. Standing relatively pat and picking up a few $700,000 players just won't cut it.
Move #1 should be trade Johnny. He's not going to re-sign here and even if Treliving could convince him to stay he will be asking for huge $$$ and term to do that. Johnny turns 28 this August and when his new contract comes into effect he will be 29.
Also Tkachuk's qualifying offer, that the Flames will have to make next summer, will be $9M so Treliving might want to think about trading him too.
So lose two trades because he's afraid of the cap?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

why let him do any more damage….7 yrs of screwing up is not enough?

fire him already

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Time for him to go. He keeps making the same mistakes year in and year out. Time for a different approach and someone who can actually add multiple value pieces to help this team. Not just a guy who overpays one player horribly in FA every year.

I’ve had enough of this guy. Rather than go out and actually get a piece that could help us become a dynamic team, Jack Eichel, we go and get another left shot winger and a third pair LD. It’s pathetic. Mediocrity rules this franchise and Treliving is the biggest obstacle to this team’s success.

King Kipper

Apr 25, 2021
Honestly think that Zadorov is a sneaky good addition. Stylistically, he should be a great fit with Andersson, who will bring the offense on that pairing. Even without having looch teach him how to fight, which wouldn't be a bad thing at all, the flames D just became much tougher to play against. I agree with the Coleman contract - 2 yrs too long and 900k too much but hey thats the price you pay for a UFA.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I agree he needs to go. But I still think it's laughable people think we'd be much better giving up a bunch of our depth and youth for Eichel. We'd probably just be in the same position as Buffalo at that point.

Plus there's a really good chance Buffalo doesn't like our pieces we'd offer in an Eichel deal. Takes two to tango

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That....can't be true...can it? If it is....that's....really, really depressing

I think we're tied.

Benning: 2014 hiring:
Playoffs twice.
Last year they won the first round at the bubble, and then one more series in the actual players.

Treliving: 2014 hiring:
Playoffs four times.
2015 second round
Last year we won the first round at the bubble.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I think we're tied.

Benning: 2014 hiring:
Playoffs twice.
Last year they won the first round at the bubble, and then one more series in the actual players.

Treliving: 2014 hiring:
Playoffs four times.
2015 second round
Last year we won the first round at the bubble.

That's a big yikes from me, dawg

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
It's already too late, he already signed a boat anchor contract and wasted a 3rd rounder.

Just keep him so he can continue to ruin the team and hopefully Gaudreau leaves next year and Tkachuk demands out. We'll miss out on Wright, but we should be bad enough to have a shot at Bedard and Michkov

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
It honestly doesn't matter. If Treliving's fired, one of Conroy, Pascal or Maloney get the job and the wheel keeps turning because ownership don't want a rebuild.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I think this year is probably Trelivings last unless we win a round in the playoffs, the bar here is incredibly low.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Numpty weak manager, don't want him to do any more moves or making decisions. Please remove him.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames only hope is Gaudreau leaves next off-season and Tkachuk doesn't sign his QO and forces a trade. Would force the Flames to suck in '23 and go for Bedard/Michkov.

Management/ownership is too stupid to bring in actual talent (make a big trade like Eichel) or go full re-build.

Like if your going to piss away assets and money for mediocrity, just overpay for Eichel. Nope, got to sign a 3rd liner to a 6 year contract, f***ing lol.

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
The question for me is… we fire treliving. Who replaces him and who is an upgrade in that department? Unless a really good GM becomes available I don’t know if there is anyone who I would like to bring in. Ideally you try and bring Iggy in for that role and hope he takes to it like Yzerman, Sakic, and Guerin. Would need to have him learn as AGM for awhile. I don’t know if Conroy would be that guy in the meantime, but I think it would be his job if Tre gets fired

Reactions: InfinityIggy

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
The question for me is… we fire treliving. Who replaces him and who is an upgrade in that department? Unless a really good GM becomes available I don’t know if there is anyone who I would like to bring in. Ideally you try and bring Iggy in for that role and hope he takes to it like Yzerman, Sakic, and Guerin. Would need to have him learn as AGM for awhile. I don’t know if Conroy would be that guy in the meantime, but I think it would be his job if Tre gets fired

For me I'd look at bringing in Gillis he built a finals team and wants another shot. I'm fine with the idea of Treliving being promoted as he has made progress in the scouting department.

I feel like we have reached the peak with Treliving as Gm and that's an average team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad