Post-Game Talk: Fire Tippett, trade Bear

Who were you most disappointed with in this series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
That is disgusting.

I really hate to say it, but McDavid really needs to learn how to dive. His determination to battle through every infraction will forever be to his disadvantage in this league. There is no path to fairness by having honour in this league, that is painfully clear. Diving and whining is the only path to moving refs in your favour. Can spend some time this summer watching Ehlers and Pettersson diving highlights.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I really hate to say it, but McDavid really needs to learn how to dive. His determination to battle through every infraction will forever be to his disadvantage in this league. There is no path to fairness by having honour in this league, that is painfully clear. Diving and whining is the only path to moving refs in your favour.
He tried that early in his career and was called for diving. The refs need to do the ****ing job and if they don’t the coach and GM need to call them out publicly

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He tried that early in his career and was called for diving. The refs need to do the ****ing job and if they don’t the coach and GM need to call them out publicly

Did he? Don't recall many McDavid diving penalties. Maybe the can opener he got back in 2016 from that plug Lazar that may not have actually been a dive?

For as long as I can remember, McDavid has been trying to fight off the clutching and grabbing and the refs seem to just expect him to do that every night now.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I am 100% over the series loss and 100% pi**ed at the league in general. I am resigned to the fact that, if built right, we should have a cup within the next few years. Give me one in the next 5 please

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Did he? Don't recall many McDavid diving penalties. Maybe the can opener he got back in 2016 from that plug Lazar that may not have actually been a dive?

For as long as I can remember, McDavid has been trying to fight off the clutching and grabbing and the refs seem to just expect him to do that every night now.
McDavid is treated like the refs kid. Have to be tougher on him

God I wish I could hear that waste of skin Furlatt just talk about why he did not call one penalty last night for him.

These guys just go about their business and leave. Never hear from them. No accountability with how much power they have. I think a lo tof them are messed in the head. Power trips, etc.

I would love if people littered Fulatt and Joanette specifically with cans when fans get in the building lol

That would be so worth a loss

Reactions: TB12

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010

He drew ~2 penalties every 60 minutes in 16-17, and then it dropped dramatically for no good reason. For this season, which was markedly better than others for this, McDavid drew ~1.6 penalties every 60 minutes. This put him around 30th in the league for drawing penalties per 60.

Draisaitl was in the 300s. :)

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

I remember one game against Calgary on opening night he tried going down the right side was blatantly tripped and they called him for diving. He was shocked. The crowd was shocked even the announcers were shocked. I think after that he decided to fight through it because if he goes down they will say he dived and it becomes a disadvantage.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
He drew ~2 penalties every 60 minutes in 16-17, and then it dropped dramatically for no good reason. For this season, which was markedly better than others for this, McDavid drew ~1.6 penalties every 60 minutes. This put him around 30th in the league for drawing penalties per 60.

Draisaitl was in the 300s. :)
I’m guessing the reason was a top 5 power play in the NHL. Can’t have teams being blown out it’s bad for business :lol

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
There is mitch marner drawing a call for a slash on his waist that did nothing to impede him

Something McDavid Dra see 100 times a game

They call everything in that series. It's mind blowing

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
There is mitch marner drawing a call for a slash on his waist that did nothing to impede him

Something McDavid Dra see 100 times a game
the NHL expects the best players in the NHL to fight through that to create a false parity, theres a reason lesser players always draw calls on stuff like that.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
He started down in the corner on the left side of the ice though.

What does his starting point matter? Look at the first image I shared and look how far ahead of Larsson he is with McDavid and Draisaitl just past the Oilers blue line. That's what matters. Clearly Larsson is the last man back. Not sure what you're getting at.

Not his fault that he took a 20 second change and went to the bench without making sure the puck was in deep. Yeah, right.

He came on specifically for the end of the penalty kill and knew he was supposed to get off the ice afterwards. He wasn't changing for no reason. That was totally a legit time for a defenceman to change, and given that Larsson had an excellent view that Bear was changing and would have known he was last man back, Bear was not doing anything irresponsible. Shitting on Bear for this change is misguided.

Shitting on him for that turnover that lead to the 3-3 goal, totally warranted. Trying to pin the GWG on Bear though is just poor analysis of the play on the ice. My first thought after the goal was it was a bad change too, but then when I watched the replays it was evident that the change was fine as and that Larsson drifted too far up ice as last man back and then with Pionk making the play to turnover McDavid's dump in, Larsson got caught.

Reactions: MessierII

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He's not wrong. He said Barrie didn't move the needle on the depth scoring and he didn't because he only had like six points when playing with depth players.
Do we have any players that move the needle with our depth scorers besides McDavid though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad