Post-Game Talk: Fire Tippett, trade Bear

Who were you most disappointed with in this series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
I am still shocked that McDavid and Draisaitl DREW 1 CALL IN TOTAL BETWEEN THEM lol

That is laughable. garbage league in the playoffs.

That is where you need your second line, etc to come through and lift some weight while those two are being Epsteined every game

I just read an article on the Athletic where they counted 30 penalties by the Jets on McDavid that went uncalled :laugh:

It's so absurd at this point that all I can do is laugh. I would love if Holland did a Burke style press conference calling out this bullshit but he won't do it.

Luszczyszyn: NHL playoff officiating is an embarrassment we've accepted for too long

Reactions: S E P H

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Stephen A Smith is bashing the oilers now. This is so embarrassing... this has to be the newest low of the franchise imo.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The GWG is on Tippet more so then anyone else. Sure, Mcdavid made a weak dump in, Bear wasn't quicker getting off, Barrie wasn't quicker getting on and Larsson was out of position but it was Tippet that called for the line change. Just like how he pulled Smith in Game 1 with the 4th line on the ice and the team didn't have puck possession.

That is honestly nuts how scared we seemed to be to have Bear on the ice. 20s shift and we're in a panic for him to come off just as McDavid is crossing center. Why even put him out there at all? McDavid was out because we were about to be able to go on the offensive at the very end of the PK. A forward is coming out of the box, so it's not like we couldn't put the D we wanted out there for a full shift.

Ah well, whatever I guess. Damn this paper thin roster and having half a team the coach is scared to play, but then for some reason plays for 20 seconds.

Reactions: S E P H and iCanada

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Stephen A. knows about as much about hockey as my grandma, but he admits it too lol. If you watch basketball you’d know you’re not gonna get good analysis out of this guy, he’s an entertainer who sparks debates. Segment was good for a laugh and that’s about all it’s worth.

Yeah that's about right.

He kinda looked at the Oilers as if they were a Basketball team where if you have two generational superstars on your team you likely win a lot more.

But hockey is a much different game. Its a lot more random and stars don't sway games as much as they do on the court.

Eh I liked it, it was entertaining and funny. Better than a lot of what Sportsnet or TSN does.

Reactions: S E P H and 780il

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Anyone else not that disappointed today? Last night sucked, but I'm already over it and looking forward to the offseason.
Same here. Deep down, I think most realistic fans here realized we weren't going to go far. Getting swept sucks, but it makes it crystal clear that this team is a long way from where it needs to be. Part of me worried that getting to the second round and winning a few would convince management that the team was only a couple pieces away, instead of the obvious reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad