Post-Game Talk: Fire Tippett, trade Bear

Who were you most disappointed with in this series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I just read an article on the Athletic where they counted 30 penalties by the Jets on McDavid that went uncalled :laugh:

It's so absurd at this point that all I can do is laugh. I would love if Holland did a Burke style press conference calling out this bullshit but he won't do it.

Luszczyszyn: NHL playoff officiating is an embarrassment we've accepted for too long

IT IS A FUKIN MASSIVE EMBARASSEMENT AND THIS PU**Y GARBAGE FRANCHISE SAYS NOTHING LIKE BURKE DID ABOVE

Last 8 playoff games McDavid drew 1 or 0 calls total (Dont know if he or Drai drew one this series).

Those refs were pure garbage and should be reviewed

Furlatt did that before

How that knee was not called is MINGBOGGLING

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Basketball superstars get calls, there would never be a series where a Kevin Durant is allowed to be grabbed/hit/bumped without the other team fouling out and gifting the Nets a ton of free points.

Hockey is the opposite, they want to put low skill players on par with the best players and look the other way on calls.
NHL wants a false parity so people watch the games longer, because they clearly have zero clue on how to market their game.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Basketball superstars get calls, there would never be a series where a Kevin Durant is allowed to be grabbed/hit/bumped without the other team fouling out and gifting the Nets a ton of free points.

Hockey is the opposite, they want to put low skill players on par with the best players and look the other way on calls.

To your point...penalties drawn in these playoffs:

Blake Coleman: 7
Connor McDavid: 0

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Then you have all of these mouthbreather neandrathals saying "hahahha we shut em down!"

Ya, you cheat and it is allowed

That is why McDavid tore through the regular season. They didn't let all of this go. Theys till did, but not this much.

No wonder MTL held him off the sheet. They mugged him all game too

It's common sense

This league is so trash and so backwards with it's top players

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

Good point. This league is an absolute sham. They've better clean up their act with the officiating. If star players go down with injury from something cheap, the league is only hurting themselves. For example , someone in Columbus would be more willing to buy a ticket to a game to see a McDavid or a Crosby play vs their team. These are league assets and you protect them. They f****** don't understand that.

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
More questionable decisions from Tippett once again in this game. Bear should have been given a press box seat to let him settle down, but stubborn Dave put him in the fire again, and got his fingers burned badly on the tying goal (flat out giveaway), and then a horrible line change in OT. And because he lost in-game faith in Bear after the giveaway, Nurse had to play an ungodly amount of minutes, as well as Larsson, and you could clearly see it was starting to wear on them.
Putting both Draisaitl and McDavid on the PK in the first, where he should have been saving them for offence and 5 X 5 play. And the expected result happened with Draisaitl losing his man and the Jets scoring the all important opening goal.
I don't like changing coaches, and we still have a way to go in building the team, but he's starting to make it very hard for me to stay in his corner.
I'll say one thing, I hope he regrets not playing Shore in the first 2 games. He really elevated his game for the playoffs, great effort by him. I hope he returns next year.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I am 100% confident that most refs still hold a grudge against Connor when he embarassed Kozari in that CGY shootout and he has yelled at Joanette and a few on National TV against the Leafs

It is 100% absolutely inexcusable that he has not even drawn ONE penalty in 8 playoff games. That is mindboggling.

This league won't do jack sh** either. I have never despised NHL referees as much as I have the last year and a half

Absolutely terrible at their jobs

And this Oilers organization is not going to go bat for him at all. They are too nice for that

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I am 100% confident that most refs still hold a grudge against Connor when he embarassed Kozari in that CGY shootout and he has yelled at Joanette and a few on National TV against the Leafs

It is 100% absolutely inexcusable that he has not even drawn ONE penalty in 8 playoff games. That is mindboggling.

This league won't do jack sh** either. I have never despised NHL referees as much as I have the last year and a half

What do you mean? McDavid gets "special treatment". :nod:

Good God the mains pisses me off sometimes.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

And this Oilers organization is not going to go bat for him at all. They are too nice for that
It takes the organization to address it unfortunately. It should be a safety priority.

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
IT IS A FUKIN MASSIVE EMBARASSEMENT AND THIS PU**Y GARBAGE FRANCHISE SAYS NOTHING LIKE BURKE DID ABOVE

Last 8 playoff games McDavid drew 1 or 0 calls total (Dont know if he or Drai drew one this series).

Those refs were pure garbage and should be reviewed

Furlatt did that before

How that knee was not called is MINGBOGGLING

They don't want to get fined for a quarter mill.

Reactions: S E P H

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
That is honestly nuts how scared we seemed to be to have Bear on the ice. 20s shift and we're in a panic for him to come off just as McDavid is crossing center. Why even put him out there at all? McDavid was out because we were about to be able to go on the offensive at the very end of the PK. A forward is coming out of the box, so it's not like we couldn't put the D we wanted out there for a full shift.

Ah well, whatever I guess. Damn this paper thin roster and having half a team the coach is scared to play, but then for some reason plays for 20 seconds.

Bear is probably done as an Oiler if the coach can’t trust him on the ice.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I liked an article from The Score about McDavid. For all the Leaf nut huggers out there:

McDavid committed to Oilers despite sweep: 'We want to see this thing through'

"That's not the case at all. We have a great core," McDavid said of the outside chatter of him potentially leaving Edmonton, according to The Athletic's Daniel Nugent-Bowman. "We want to see this thing through together."

"No one in our dressing room is thinking about stopping," Draisaitl said. "We know we're on the right track."

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I wonder why Tippett decided to swap Puljujarvi with a guy who hasn't scored in 30-something games. All because of one missed pass?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I wonder why Tippett decided to swap Puljujarvi with a guy who hasn't scored in 30-something games. All because of one missed pass?
I guess, I thought it was to change the dynamic of the Haas line, which is seemed to accomplish, for whatever it was worth.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Worked in spite of him, honestly. Puljujarvi can generate more on his own. Yamamoto needs to get carried a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad