Proposal: Fire Pierre Dorion... Unless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The NHL doesn't record trade calls? It feels like they should record trade calls. But then again, they should also have a central registry for NTCs and they don't do that, so who knows.
Beats me. But, as I understand it, one of the first steps was the call between VGK and Ottawa where there's some dispute or different accounts of what happened. I'd guess a call between the 2 teams involved in a trade would not be recorded. I did use the word guess. I'm not pretending to be an expert on NHL procedures in general, or more specifically, the procedures & steps (etc) involved in a trade or trade call. I'm just saying that lawyers (and businesses in general) are careful to get things in writing.

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
trade calls are recorded from what I understand (that is to say, the conference call with the teams and the NHL outlining the terms and giving final approval of the deal) so no he said she said. There will be a record of what Ottawa said.
Is there a call between the two teams that are involved in a trade before the "trade call"? I have no idea. All I'm saying is that typically what is in writing is what lawyers go by. You could be right that a "trade call" that the NHL league office is involved with could be recorded. I certainly have not read exactly what is involved in trade call, or what happens or doesn't happen. Not sure who actually knows (i.e., here on HF) and what is hypothesis.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
I was curious so this is what the first few picks of the last two drafts would have looked like if the Sens just straight up followed McKenzie's list. So the highest player on McKenzie's list that was available at that time.

3 Stutzle
5 Drysdale
28 Peterka
33 Greig
44 Kleven

10 Lucius
39 Pinelli
49 Raty

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I was curious so this is what the first few picks of the last two drafts would have looked like if the Sens just straight up followed McKenzie's list. So the highest player on McKenzie's list that was available at that time.

3 Stutzle
5 Drysdale
28 Peterka
33 Greig
44 Kleven

10 Lucius
39 Pinelli
49 Raty
Pretty good. I think I'd go with the Sens picks in 2019 and 2018 .. Last year would have been the year to go with Bob's list due to the scouting opportunities.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

3 Stutzle
5 Drysdale
28 Peterka
33 Greig
44 Kleven

10 Lucius
39 Pinelli
49 Raty
Goes to show we could even save money on scouting and not be that much worse off (or at all). And an empty front office doesn't make the trades Dorion makes, so we're probably actually ahead without a front office at all. Parity takes care of gifting us high picks, and Bob (McKenzie's list) is your uncle.

Reactions: Alex1234

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Goes to show we could even save money on scouting and not be that much worse off (or at all). And an empty front office doesn't make the trades Dorion makes, so we're probably actually ahead without a front office at all. Parity takes care of gifting us high picks, and Bob (McKenzie's list) is your uncle.
I've wondered for a couple of years why Melnyk doesn't go this route. I don't recall a thread on this topic but I suspect it has been discussed.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I've wondered for a couple of years why Melnyk doesn't go this route. I don't recall a thread on this topic but I suspect it has been discussed.
Honestly it would be super interesting to follow, but I don't think Melnyk is enough of an innovator to go with a scheme like that. But it would be like going with an index-based mutual fund, and see if all those supposedly clever hockey experts can beat us/the market.

Reactions: HF Reader

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Don't mess with Pierre
1648244484302.png

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
With new ownership, he's gone

Who would we want as a replacement?

Hunter, Futa, and Shero come to mind

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Oh absolutely, there is 0 chance he’s kept on as GM as a new ownership jumps in. They will want to bring in their own guys, and I think there is absolutely 0 chance Dorion would be viewed as the new ownership groups guy.

Reactions: lancepitlick

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

I would like he have his chance with a deep owner. If not I can see Darche, he was the finalist in every team that search a gm this year. Maybe Pierre like president. He deserve a post in this team

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Oh absolutely, there is 0 chance he’s kept on as GM as a new ownership jumps in. They will want to bring in their own guys, and I think there is absolutely 0 chance Dorion would be viewed as the new ownership groups guy.
Do you envision a sale in any period of inside of 2 years?

If not, then Dorion has 2 years. If FYOUS does materialize, would that not buy him some time with the new owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad