Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
being the mascot better suits him

It would mean a wardrobe upgrade.

cut.jpg

Assen na yo!

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Want to see what he could do with deep pockets? Dude had almost $10M buried in the minors from his own signings. The only thing that would be different is perhaps now that figure would be $20M in the minors.

If anything, it wouldn’t surprise me if Eugene somehow had a more positive impact on the club by being more tight with his money with this imbecile as a GM. It could have been a lot more crappy contracts.

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for new management, whether Melnyk's heirs or via a sale, to set the new direction of the team. The team needed a culture reset, but obviously it would have been better if through a sale and not Melnyk dying.

Hopefully it doesn't take that long as it would suck to be in limbo for an extended period.

You gotta think it's a buyer's market unless there are multiple prospective groups competing. If development of Lebreton is part of it you'd think with the increase in propert values that the deal there is 30-40% more lucrative now.

Weird thing with Melnyk is why he didn't just sell the team back around 2016. He was obviously cash poor, in poor health, the team was at a low ebb, he couldn't afford Lebreton. Why not just get out and keep your legacy intact rather than run the team into the ground and deal with the stress? Guess we'll never know, though I wonder how much will come out over the next couple of years now that Euge isn't around.

The thing I'll say is that I think he legit wanted to win, but burned too many bridges and hired the wrong people.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
If the plan for Melnyk's estate is to sell the team, then I doubt Dorion goes anywhere until then. If and when a sale goes through however, I'd imagine Dorion won't be around too much longer. Whenever a sports team gets new ownership they usually like to make a statement quickly by bringing in new hires (at least if the team was struggling before the sale).

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for new management, whether Melnyk's heirs or via a sale, to set the new direction of the team. The team needed a culture reset, but obviously it would have been better if through a sale and not Melnyk dying.

Hopefully it doesn't take that long as it would suck to be in limbo for an extended period.

You gotta think it's a buyer's market unless there are multiple prospective groups competing. If development of Lebreton is part of it you'd think with the increase in propert values that the deal there is 30-40% more lucrative now.

Weird thing with Melnyk is why he didn't just sell the team back around 2016. He was obviously cash poor, in poor health, the team was at a low ebb, he couldn't afford Lebreton. Why not just get out and keep your legacy intact rather than run the team into the ground and deal with the stress? Guess we'll never know, though I wonder how much will come out over the next couple of years now that Euge isn't around.

The thing I'll say is that I think he legit wanted to win, but burned too many bridges and hired the wrong people.
being such a big hockey fan, i would assume he was just hoping for a miracle cup run or something before he passed

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dorion has probably survived to this point despite his track record of abject failure and incompetence because Melnyk was going through health issues and obviously had other things on his mind.

Can't wait till he's gone.

Melnyk wanted a yes man that would stick to his internal cap.

But yes im ready for Pierre to be gone

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
On a human level it was hard not to feel a little bad for Pierre today, his comments on Melnyk's passing obviously came from a genuinely heartfelt sense of loss. But yes, it's time to part ways and start fresh with a new management group.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dorion has probably survived to this point despite his track record of abject failure and incompetence because Melnyk was going through health issues and obviously had other things on his mind.

Can't wait till he's gone.

Melnyk wanted a yes man that would stick to his internal cap.

But yes im ready for Pierre to be gone

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I really hope PD is let go of as GM. Keep him on as a scout where his input can be taken into consideration, but I don't want this man involved in anymore deals.

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
First thing as new owner I'm doing as new owner is this:

Pierre, come in. Please sit down.

So we are going through every single trade and signing you have done and you can tell me why these happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad