Not open for further replies.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
No players, no wins. It’s that simple.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Dave Hakstol, ever stern look, lips tightened firmly on his lips, mouth agape. Takes one look at the clock and score and speaks to the bench: "Okay boys, let's pansy ass around for the last three minutes."

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
It's hard for me to watch this team even with the young players on the roster. Something is off with this team. I don't think the younger players believe in Hakstol.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm at 0%

cut.jpeg

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Post game snoozer again by Hakstol....keeps sniffling and saying they played a good hard fought road game.

Moral victories sure get you a lot of points in the standings.......

This guy doesn't inspire anybody to go through a wall for him unless you count banging your head against a wall .....

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I'm a Flyer outsider, but I wondered why Hakstol was ever hired at head coach at all. At minimum I want a pro...meaning AHL head coach to graduate to the NHL. Or a NHL assistant coach. Too much for a guy to learn about his new team and a new league and be effective right away.
And like all businesses it difficult for the guys who hired him to fire him. They would have to admit they made a mistake. Make one more coaching mistake, and how effective are you really as GM or President of the club. Then you're fired too (and maybe deservedly so)

Brayden Fattison

Mar 4, 2013
I'm a Flyer outsider, but I wondered why Hakstol was ever hired at head coach at all. At minimum I want a pro...meaning AHL head coach to graduate to the NHL. Or a NHL assistant coach. Too much for a guy to learn about his new team and a new league and be effective right away.
And like all businesses it difficult for the guys who hired him to fire him. They would have to admit they made a mistake. Make one more coaching mistake, and how effective are you really as GM or President of the club. Then you're fired too (and maybe deservedly so)

I think the logic was that Hak was experienced at developing young players, and he could grow with a young team.

Hextall's Achilles heel so far, besides not firing the pro scouts when he took over, appears to be hiring coaches who can't optimize a lineup to save their lives.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I know I've been reading that Barry Trotz is starting to feel some heat in Washington. If the Caps let him go, what would people think about Trotz as a possible coach in Philadelphia? Trotz would certainly bring much needed structure to the Flyers and he's got a very good track record in developing defensemen. He could be a great fit for the young guys. We all know how good Provorov is. Just imagine how much better he would get under Trotz's watch. Same with Sanheim, Morin and Gostisbehere.

I understand people will have reservations about his playoff coaching record and that's something that has to be considered. At the same time, getting everyone on the same page, playing a team game and developing a system that fits the talent on the club is a must and I think Trotz could be the guy to get it done.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I know I've been reading that Barry Trotz is starting to feel some heat in Washington. If the Caps let him go, what would people think about Trotz as a possible coach in Philadelphia? Trotz would certainly bring much needed structure to the Flyers and he's got a very good track record in developing defensemen. He could be a great fit for the young guys. We all know how good Provorov is. Just imagine how much better he would get under Trotz's watch. Same with Sanheim, Morin and Gostisbehere.

I understand people will have reservations about his playoff coaching record and that's something that has to be considered. At the same time, getting everyone on the same page, playing a team game and developing a system that fits the talent on the club is a must and I think Trotz could be the guy to get it done.

Sign me up. He blows Hak out of the water.

madlee

Mar 7, 2015
This might be crazy, but I always wondered if the reason why Hakstol was hired had something to do with the Eagles hiring Chip Kelly. The Flyers were rudderless, and prior to Chip's Disastrous 2015 season, it looked like for a bit that he was a revolutionary hiring. There weren't very many options and like with Chip Kelly, he was seen by the NHL as being possibly the best coach not in the NHL.

My sense of Hakstol is that he's too conservative and always does what he perceives is the safe thing. He's kind of the anti-chip really. What the Flyers need is something in the middle. Someone who can innovate and be creative, yet also not lack any self awareness.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad