Fire Hakstol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I believe it's overdue to cut the cord with Hakstol. Some guys do well with less experienced players such as high school, juniors or college. I don't believe Hakstol will ever be a good NHL coach. I gave him a chance and just don't see it getting better going forward.

It does actually bring up an interesting question: how much of his success (though he choked ass at the ultimate stage) was down to good recruitment and had nothing to do with coaching? And how much of the recruitment took care of itself, being a long-time solid program at North Dakota, and had nothing to do with his plank and sawdust personality? Probably unfair a bit to assume that it had nothing to do with him, but I do hate his guts, so I am going to go ahead and assume that.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Santa Claus will hopefully bring me a early Christmas gift!
pink slip.jpg
HAKSTOL

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
i still can't believe we're doing that ridiculous Giroux/LW experiment. okay it's a great line, but it has systematically destroyed any depth we had. we have no bottom 9 anymore. total one line team. thanks Hak you f***ing idiot.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
i still can't believe we're doing that ridiculous Giroux/LW experiment. okay it's a great line, but it has systematically destroyed any depth we had. we have no bottom 9 anymore. total one line team. thanks Hak you ****ing idiot.

How good of a center do you really think Giroux is these days?
The two years before he was injured, he was pretty mediocre, maybe his revival is due to playing LW?
So let's destroy our one good line and make a marginal improvement in another line?
I mean do you really think Filppula will be a good LW?

Reactions: RespectTheProvorov

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hakstol coached Hextall’s kid at North Dakota. Hextall did this before. When he was with LA & running their AHL he hired Mark Morris as the HC who coached his kid in prep school. That’s the connection & what ultimately lead to Hextall going with Hakstol.

I'm sure. Hextall isn't competitive and doesn't care about winning, so he signs a coach b/c it's all in the family.
Geez. It's dumb and dumber around here.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I'm sure. Hextall isn't competitive and doesn't care about winning, so he signs a coach b/c it's all in the family.

That is what you take away from that? Hextall has made two hires that were previous coaches under his son. He is watching way too much coaching of one coach and not actually making good coaching selections.

You literally can't be this dumb to not realize this.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Lol dh with his claims. Still waiting to see those 20 es points out of Weise and 35 from Filpps. You know since they are proven producers. What a shame they have such a poor linemates dragging them down. Really NP, Simmonds, Konecny and Weal need to take a long hard look at themselves. They are ruining flyers season. Amarite?

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013

That's not what anyone is saying.

Hextall has a level of comfort taking consults from friends/family is management decisions, which is not okay... Nepotism is bad business.

It's okay to piss on Hextall's old school business methodology. He's been garbage at hiring talented coaches. (Besides Knoblauch, our savior--praise be.)

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
The two years before he was injured, he was pretty mediocre, maybe his revival is due to playing LW?
So let's destroy our one good line and make a marginal improvement in another line?

Filp played a ton of LW in TB and would do just fine there. Giroux/Couts/Patrick/Laughton is what the center depth should look like.

Giroux was plagued with injuries in recent years and seems to be back on track and fully healthy. he's a far better center than Filp that's not even a question. going from Filppula to Giroux is not a "marginal" improvement. spread the depth around. stacking your 3 best players all on one line is stupid. they have an off game and you don't score at all. look at how many times they've been shutout already. it's unacceptable.

it needs to be at least given a chance. and Hak is too stubborn to do anything. i mean, is it so much of a problem to move Giroux back to center for a few weeks and see how things are? maybe they score more? who knows? but it's not even being given the chance. Hak is extremely stubborn and his refusal to make adjustments is only one of many reasons why he is a shit coach.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
25th in the league now and only Montreal, Buffalo, and Florida are worse in the Eastern Conference.

I'm honestly not rooting for us to win until Dave Hakstol is fired. Every loss is just one step closer to that turd being out the door.

I'll hope for and celebrate individual success from our young players and core, but pray for nothing but losses. As that is the only way to ensure Hak is exiled back to the farm. It's the only way this franchise can move forward in the long run.

I'll gladly just take the lottery balls and set my eyes on drafting a high end winger to compliment Nolan Patrick. Give me a fired Hakstol and one of Svechnikov, Zadina, or Farabee and consider me happy.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This was the year I was supposed to not feel conflicted about wanting them to lose to get a better pick. I wanted to be committed to a playoff shot. Damn it. I'm still there though because I don't see this team being remotely a lottery team. As I said yesterday, I still expect us to be in that 13-16 range when it's all said and done. There is meat on the bone, talent waiting in the wings, elite players carrying the load, and they've screwed themselves out of some should have won games. All comes down to how quickly they want to stop dicking around.

Give me a fired Hakstol and one of Svechnikov, Zadina, or Farabee and consider me happy.

I mean the first two could go 2/3 in the draft or thereabouts. But Farabee has a chance to be there outside the top 10 where we pick. He's not the biggest guy, and I'm not sure I would call him a game breaking type either. He seems more of an optimistic target than a tank pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: kelmitchell

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Even if me make playoffs we will probably be easy prey one of the top teams in east. However you can catch a lightning in a bottle and go far Ottawa style.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I mean the first two could go 2/3 in the draft or thereabouts. But Farabee has a chance to be there outside the top 10 where we pick. He's not the biggest guy, and I'm not sure I would call him a game breaking type either. He seems more of an optimistic target than a tank pick.

I'm accounting for both the possibility of a lottery win vs just picking in our regular spot. Either way there is a winger waiting for us. :)

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Mediocre? Get the f*** out of here with that bullshit, you dont know hockey if hes mediocre, his numbers werent as high as years past but his numbers still make him a #1c

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
As I said yesterday, I still expect us to be in that 13-16 range when it's all said and done.
There is a good chance that this team just quits on Hakstol and drops to the bottom of the NHL. Add in some injuries which it seems like it might be that kind of year and the team could finish way worse than 13-16. I don’t think top 5 bad but maybe 5-10 bad.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
25th in the league now and only Montreal, Buffalo, and Florida are worse in the Eastern Conference.
They're 3 points behind the last wildcard spot (Capitals) with one game in hand.

Also 5 points behind 3rd in the Met (Penguins) with two games in hand.

As much as you guys want to act like the sky is falling, it really isn't.

The standings are crowded as f***. The difference between 10th best and 26th best is 4 points.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
There is a good chance that this team just quits on Hakstol and drops to the bottom of the NHL.

Which players are going to do that? A lot of them are on short term deals and every point and good performance is worth money to them on their next contract. And I don't see the key guys who are signed long term (Jake, Coots, G and Ghost) as the types to dog it.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
They're 3 points behind the last wildcard spot (Capitals) with one game in hand.

Also 5 points behind 3rd in the Met (Penguins) with two games in hand.

As much as you guys want to act like the sky is falling, it really isn't.

The standings are crowded as ****. The difference between 10th best and 26th best is 4 points.
And we have yet to start playing the East teams. 17 of our first 21 games are against the West. After the Vancouver game, that changes.

Win games against the East and you make up ground quicker.

Look at it this way, we are just out yet have had to dress Alt as a Dman for a bunch of games, gotten nothing from our bottom 9, had Patrick miss more games than he has played, and gotten screwed over a few games by the refs...and Haktard.

Long season to go...just have to win in spite of our coach not with his help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad