Fire Hakstol

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
What was with the Knoblauch signing, then?

Conservative at the head and out of the box at the tentacles?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I know I've been reading that Barry Trotz is starting to feel some heat in Washington. If the Caps let him go, what would people think about Trotz as a possible coach in Philadelphia? Trotz would certainly bring much needed structure to the Flyers and he's got a very good track record in developing defensemen. He could be a great fit for the young guys. We all know how good Provorov is. Just imagine how much better he would get under Trotz's watch. Same with Sanheim, Morin and Gostisbehere.

I understand people will have reservations about his playoff coaching record and that's something that has to be considered. At the same time, getting everyone on the same page, playing a team game and developing a system that fits the talent on the club is a must and I think Trotz could be the guy to get it done.

Trotz is interesting but I'm conflicted. He does some great gameplanning during the regular season, then when the Playoffs come around it seems to go out the window.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Hakstol coached Hextall’s kid at North Dakota. Hextall did this before. When he was with LA & running their AHL he hired Mark Morris as the HC who coached his kid in prep school. That’s the connection & what ultimately lead to Hextall going with Hakstol.

I would be more amenable to Hextall including his stupid kid in draft pictures.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hakstol coached Hextall’s kid at North Dakota. Hextall did this before. When he was with LA & running their AHL he hired Mark Morris as the HC who coached his kid in prep school. That’s the connection & what ultimately lead to Hextall going with Hakstol.

Ah, see, I thought it was a refreshing case of thinking outside of the Old Boys Box that sadly didn't pan out.

So much for that!

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
babcock.jpg
Concerning NHL hockey knowledge as a COACH...If clues were shoes...Babs wears glass slippers and Haks goes around bare foot!:nod:

Reactions: Rebels57

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Trotz is interesting but I'm conflicted. He does some great gameplanning during the regular season, then when the Playoffs come around it seems to go out the window.
Just beat by a better team. caps should have won last year andwould have if not for the pens.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Babcock's hockey smarts are evident(Because glass is clear you see that it symbolizes how clear it is to see through slipper))
Hakstol is just plain dumb{No shoes,boots ,slippers or sneakers...referring to clues(brains)...footwear wasn't
included when he came on board! And pretty soon he won't have a leg to stand on regarding his coaching philosophy..
Imagine me working metaphors with hockey!:laugh:

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Babcock's hockey smarts are evident(Because glass is clear you see that it symbolizes how clear it is to see through slipper))
Hakstol is just plain dumb{No shoes,boots ,slippers or sneakers...referring to clues(brains)...footwear wasn't
included when he came on board! And pretty soon he won't have a leg to stand on regarding his coaching philosophy..
Somehow I didn't get all that from the original metaphor :laugh:

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Brayden Fattison

Mar 4, 2013
Was that a Newfie thing? We were warned about you guys from some of the Canadians on here.

Do you club seals? I think @Captain Dave Poulin may have some words for you.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

That's really f***ing lame.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey

But as much as you idolize Babcock, he still has Mitch Marner playing on the 4th line, and from what I've seen, plays Matt Martin too much. Every coach does this. Not excusing what Hakstol does, but this is a league wide thing

Reactions: Curufinwe

madlee

Mar 7, 2015
Babcock was handed an amazing talent pool when he took over the reigns in Detroit and only managed a single cup and blew it in game 7 for the second, and then proceeded to slowly flame out until he left. He had the best defenseman in the game, and probably the best forward in the game. Arguably, the best 2 forwards in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad