Fire Hakstol

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Are we sure they won't turn around and just promote Lappy? Well liked guy, been with a team long time, payed his dues, great attitude and so on.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
There is only one way to get rid of Hakstol.

How did they defeat the demon, He Who Walks Behind the Rows, from Children of the Corn? They burned his corn field down.

giphy.gif

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
There is only one way to get rid of Hakstol.

How did they defeat the demon, He Who Walks Behind the Rows, from Children of the Corn? They burned his corn field down.

Seems like a good cover crop for beets

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Hak really needs to f***ing go. The fact that about 28% of our games so far end in shutouts is not f***ing acceptable. A competent coach would also be able to get more out of the lines that aren't the first as well. His flailing and throwing together random pairings, as well as sitting the better chance-makers on the team, of the third period tonight shows why he should not be an NHL coach. He. Is. AWFUL. He needs to go and f***ing now.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm getting close to the point where I'm thinking Hakstol is only a symptom. Get rid of Hakstol, another Hakstol will take his place.

Nothing has indicated that Hakstol's flaws and wayward philosophies are not shared by Hextall. I'm not getting out the pitchforks and torches yet because I'm still big picture and rational (enough) about everything and all the good work doesn't get voided; we're not too far gone to change course. But they sure seem to be two peas in a pod: one is just the architect of this team's vision, the other the helmsman. Sure, he's not a good coach, but what scare me the most are the organizational shortcomings complicit in every decision he makes.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
His coaching hires to this point haven’t been that good.

Dave Hakstol (Flyers HC)
Gord Murphy (Flyers AC)
Kris Knoblauch (Flyers AC)
Kim Dillabaugh (Flyers GC)

Scott Gordon (Phantoms HC)
Kerry Huffman (Phantoms AC)
Brady Robinson (Phantoms GC)

Lappy was a holdover AC with the Flyers that is still here. Cote was an AC with the Phantoms until he got fired after last year.

Knoblauch is really the only guy who legitimately might be head coach one day of all those guys. The rest are all pretty much lifers.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
NHL coaches on average last 2 and a third seasons which is near approaching. Just saying Ron.

Reactions: Curufinwe

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Paul MacLean from Off what is he doing now?

Who could take over for Hak that has NFL exp ?

There has to be a change in something here. The lineup hasn't been consistent save the 1st line.

Ffs someone do something.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I mean, it could actually be a good idea to fire Hakstok and promote Gordon. The latter will surely stink the joint out from now until the end of the season, giving Hexy no choice but to fire him, and then we would be rid of both of them. Hexy could hire someone (anyone) to replace Gordo and let Knob take over down in LV, with the idea that he is the next in line, in a year or two.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad