Finnish police suspect Jori Lehtera connected to a cocaine distribution ring

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Lehtera has been charged, his name/indictment appears in the court documents. This link doesn't say what is the exact criminal charge. The main actors' judicial process starts Dec 31, and Lehtera's part will begin later in January.

NHL-kiekkoilija Jori Lehterälle huumesyyte isossa kokaiinivyyhdissä
I *think* the mention of "huumausainerikos" is trying to say that the specific charge is RL 50:1 "narcotics offence". But the generic term could also refer to any drug-related offence listed in Chapter 50.

Reactions: Past Considerations

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
He can get off real easy with a plea bargain and lawyer. Trust me, if Finland is like Maryland, even a drug bust results in a slap on the wrist.

Yeah, if he's found guilty of either use or small possession intended for personal use, it's like a couple hundred dollar fine, but the flyers will most likely use it as a excuse to terminate his contract which also doesn't matter much since his contract ends this season anyways and his nhl career is done anyways.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Yeah, if he's found guilty of either use or small possession intended for personal use, it's like a couple hundred dollar fine, but the flyers will most likely use it as a excuse to terminate his contract which also doesn't matter much since his contract ends this season anyways and his nhl career is done anyways.

This would be RL 50:2 a. But it *looks* like he's being charged for 50:1, a somewhat more heavy offence. The max sentence jumps from 6 months to 2 years (not that he's looking for max).

Stupid reporting is a bit hazy on if he's charged for (a) narcotics offence or the Narcotics Offence (RL 50:1).

Reactions: ovythegiraffe

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Having read nothing about this yet, Lehteri just catapulted up my favorite player rankings. Having an NHL career is one hell of an impressive side-hustle :laugh:
There was that mad upstate NY case some years back where the runners of a junior hockey team were also running a legit drug ring. Immediately felt it was Weeds meet Power Play.

edit: Ontario. Orangeville Crushers case.

Last edited:

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
T

They confiscated 2 kilos of cocaine. Yeah, just some dudes doing some lines.

That is plausible. You think if you were an NHLer and liked doing coke you'd only have small quantity? Maybe one would get 2kg for partying and not have to see a dealer every week.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Why were the LA Kings able to terminate Mike Richards's contract because he was busted with Tylenols and Philly cannot terminate Lethera's contract after this acusations?

Tylenol? I thought it was something like perkoset (sp??).

m.

Guy Gadowsky

May 10, 2017
Jori must be peddling the shittiest cocaine on the planet. No excuse for him being the slowest dude in the league

please cut him already Chucky

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
The guy's made more than 10M from the NHL. What a stupid way to ruin your life (if true).

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
That is plausible. You think if you were an NHLer and liked doing coke you'd only have small quantity? Maybe one would get 2kg for partying and not have to see a dealer every week.

Lol no one buys 2 kilos for personal use. That’s 2000 grams. That’s a shit load of coke

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
He's got a lot of money, he likes cocaine but doesn't have a regular/safe supply. He buys in bulk, thinking he'll be set for a while. I can see it. That said, I doubt the courts are as accommodating in their opinion.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

If you're going through 2 kilos of blow for personal use, then you're either Keith Richards or you died months ago and your body is just still running on adrenaline. That's an absolute shit ton, even if you've got a historically high tolerance.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
If you're going through 2 kilos of blow for personal use, then you're either Keith Richards or you died months ago and your body is just still running on adrenaline. That's an absolute **** ton, even if you've got a historically high tolerance.

How do you know? Personal experience? Curious.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How do you know? Personal experience? Curious.

Yeah. One of my ex's oldest friends sold the stuff. So while we were dating it was always readily available, really high quality, and cheap...as buddy hooked us up ridiculously even when we weren't hanging out & just grabbed some to take back to the apartment. I'm not the biggest fan, but I saw a lot of it while over there...and 2 kilos is way beyond "personal-use" quantities :laugh:

Reactions: Big Ben Healy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad