Finnish police suspect Jori Lehtera connected to a cocaine distribution ring

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
images
:D:thumbu: There's a reason why I chose that username....it just may be that my personality has a few jagged edges.

Reactions: Lempo

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The lack of Jori's presence in the trial is becoming a bit of an issue. The initial reports were a bit vague on if Jori had been summoned to appear personally at all or if the summons had been attempted but failed. There just happened a change in law on January 1st that Jori could be represented by his attorney without being personally present, but the reports are that Jori would want to be heard himself.

Today the paper reports that the judge is contemplating if Jori's portion would be separated from the rest of the trial. Apparently until he has been heard the attorneys of the rest of the suspects can't do their closing arguments, obviously causing the verdict to be left hang.

Of course it may be he has plane tickets book already and just don't want the press to be there as a welcoming committee in the airport.

Meanwhile more has been revealed of the main suspects. The head honcho, a man of Iranian background born in 1984, has been using the number two, a Finn man born in 1993 as his errand boy after apparently having "saved" him by buying off his sizeable debts from some bad dudes. Lehtera has been in dealings with both men, and tells that at one point he paid 6000 euros for the rehab of the 1984-born main suspect as what he describes as charity. The man seems to be well-connected to the Tampere hockey circles.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
He got his sentence today, 4 months conditional imprisonment. He got a sentence for using, not selling. The sentence is not binding, he can appeal.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Nothing of value was lost. You have to be extra dumb to get involved in drug biz whilst playing in the NHL.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Quite likely he has been using some drugs, but it seems to me that the evidence is not there. Innocent unless proven quilty seems to not apply here.

It's not that they caught him with cocaine, but one of the main suspects in a bigger drug case had told in police interrogation that he had sold drugs to Lehterä.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Quite likely he has been using some drugs, but it seems to me that the evidence is not there. Innocent unless proven quilty seems to not apply here.

It's not that they caught him with cocaine, but one of the main suspects in a bigger drug case had told in police interrogation that he had sold drugs to Lehterä.

Yeah, not guilty is still the most likely scenario after appeal.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

He also changed that statement at the trial a bit. Considering Lehterä's wife is/was in the fitness business and has helped with his training and lifestyle changes for the healthier, I have some doubts he would be using himself but rather buying for his friends, if he did buy. Stupid behavior anyway. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad