Prospect Info: Filip Gustavsson (G)

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Gus is going to be up sooner rather then later. Forsberg is most likely traded by November/December or whenever a team suffers from goaltending injuries (as long as its not Murray). The two way deal gives us flexibility and at a cheap price too. Good deal by Dorion.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Cheap for y2.
Still RFA on expiry. Nice

I'm surprised the agent couldn't wrangle a bit more AHL money out of the team for this year. High value contract for Ottawa. Can't help but feel the kid is underpaid on that deal.

And goalies are still voodoo....but I think this one is going to be good juju.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'm surprised the agent couldn't wrangle a bit more AHL money out of the team for this year. High value contract for Ottawa. Can't help but feel the kid is underpaid on that deal.

High value AHL deals tend to be for older veteran minor league guys. The kind of guys you want around to insulate the 5 or 6 legit prospects to that you have. The actual legit prospects never really get big AHL money

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Really like how our goaltending is shaping up

Murray-Forsberg until Gustavsson graduates and then we might have a really solid duo. Murray's contract expires in 3 years and by then, Gus could be a really good starting goalie with Sogaard and Merilainen already breathing down his neck. May the best win the job long term. It would be great to have stability again (like with Andy), but this time we could possibly start with a much younger guy than Andy was (29 y/o)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
High value AHL deals tend to be for older veteran minor league guys. The kind of guys you want around to insulate the 5 or 6 legit prospects to that you have. The actual legit prospects never really get big AHL money

Goalies are a bit different though, as they tend to stay in the AHL longer. But either way, I'm pretty (almost, hopefully) sure he'll be a full time NHLer by 2022-23.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa

Maybe his agent doesn’t think he’ll be in the AHL very long?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Man I am still in love with this contract. It kind of ensures we can sign him for an excellent deal that expires after this one too. That would be a contract in which we are contenders and could be a hell of a bargain. He’s out NHL starter full time by middle of the season after this one, IMO. Unless Murray revitalizes his career.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
If Murray/Forsberg play well we'll never know what we have in Gus long term.
If Murray/Forsberg poop the bed, and Gus steps in and takes the starting job; we're left with an albatross.
Pick your poison.
Let's go Soogard!Mando!Meri!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If Murray/Forsberg play well we'll never know what we have in Gus long term.
If Murray/Forsberg poop the bed, and Gus steps in and takes the starting job; we're left with an albatross.
Pick your poison.
Let's go Soogard!Mando!Meri!

Wow, I've read 3 comments from you in 3 different threads in the last few minutes all looking to throw shade

I think the Sens are set up pretty well for the short, mid and long term in net. I agree with aragorn that Forsberg will be traded at the tdl and we'll see full time gus after that

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Wow, I've read 3 comments from you in 3 different threads in the last few minutes all looking to throw shade

I think the Sens are set up pretty well for the short, mid and long term in net. I agree with aragorn that Forsberg will be traded at the tdl and we'll see full time gus after that

Relax big guy

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Would have preferred three years in case Murray doesn’t bounce back - having Gus super cheap could help offset the 8 mil Murray makes. But can’t complain, still a very good deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad