Prospect Info: Filip Gustavsson (G)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not close. Correct. Subtract those that didn't play 400 games
You know NHL.com can give you that list without the need to cound the ones with 400 games, right? One might suggest he's 20th rather than 23rd, since theres a bunch tied.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You know NHL.com can give you that list without the need to cound the ones with 400 games, right? One might suggest he's 20th rather than 23rd, since theres a bunch tied.

I can't stand the NHL.com site. I never go there. Haven't in years.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Gotta work that 2nd round pick and the first we got back in the somewhere, hell, we got Brass back as well so it’s a bit more complex! ;)

The 2nd attached to Zibanejad turned into Berggren, while we turned Pittsburgh's 1st into JBD and Tychonick by trading down and going off the board.

Makes it even worse, although to be fair there's no way our scouting staff would have picked a high skill player like Berggren had we kept the 2nd.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

NHL.com has improved their stats over the past 2-3 years.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I was the biggest Gus fan when he came to Canada. Saw his first pro game.

Gus wasn't consistent. No one really cried when we shipped him off.

He had a good year. He may have other good years. He isn't having a good start to this year.

Let's move on.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I was the biggest Gus fan when he came to Canada. Saw his first pro game.

Gus wasn't consistent. No one really cried when we shipped him off.

He had a good year. He may have other good years. He isn't having a good start to this year.

Let's move on.
I lamented the decision and he was consistent here. He has had a bunch of good years he had a tough 12 games when the sens were icing an AHL team in an arena with no fans playing against NHL teams.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ziba -> Brassard -> Gus -> Talbot -> nothing

Thanks, Dorion!

But we still have JBD!

Now do mark stone ;)

Brännström and Sokolov!

Too easy! How about Matt Duchene?

Duchene -> Abramov, Davidsson, 1st rounder (Lassi Thomson) -> nothing (Lassi Thomson was lost on waivers, then re-claimed)

Turris + 1st (4th OA in 2019) + 3rd + Bowers -> Duchene

The tree even began before that with how we acquired Turris but it was a LITTLE more positive back then

Gustavsson was way higher regarded than this. His talent and pedigree aren't something that is simply ignored. His body of work was easy to breakdown. He was really good for 2 years, he played in front of one of the worst NHL rosters assembled in a long time in Ottawa they were an AHL team playing in the NHL. He is an elite technical goalie one of the best in the world.

NHL teams scout players and look for ability more than anything else. Gustavsson certainly has the technical skills to do well in this league but he needs to play in a structured system

I don't know if you remember but I used to not be high at all on Gustavsson for a few years, even liked Mandolese more in the 2018 rookie tournament. However I did a full 180 on him after his 2021 stint ith Ottawa. I saw a solid NHL goalie in the making

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Icelevel and DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad