Proposal: Filip Forsberg to the Edmonton Oilers

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Jesus Christ man are people overvaluing Forsberg here, the guy has 1 season where he was above a 65 point season pace and people are thinking a 65 point winger is all of a sudden going to get a fore sure #1 centre prospect? I know Preds fans he was basically a gift but if you think he is the gift that keeps on giving better then you need to give your head a shake. Come trade deadline next year he is getting you b level prospect, a lower first round pick, and maybe another low first or second round picks.

Arvidsson and Ekholm can get random crap prospects, low firsts and early 3rds. Forsberg's worth more. We're not trading Forsberg without something good coming back. Sorry if you think he sucks, but he's worth more than that.

Ledge And Dairy

Look People start school at different ages in different countries, so draft season is used to standardize it whether you like it or not. Zegras is 2019 draft class Holloway is 2020 draft class.
What are you talking about? They both started College at the same same because they are the same age. The only reason Holloway was in the 2020 draft class is because his birthday was 8 days after the cutoff for 2019. Every year up until now they have played against the exact same age groups of players, that has only changed because Zegras is in the NHL. He hasn't had any extra year of development like you keep trying to say.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
What are you talking about? They both started College at the same same because they are the same age. The only reason Holloway was in the 2020 draft class is because his birthday was 8 days after the cutoff for 2019. Every year up until now they have played against the exact same age groups of players, that has only changed because Zegras is in the NHL. He hasn't had any extra year of development like you keep trying to say.
How many 17 year olds did you have during your college orientation?
I was the youngest in my class and I have a July birthday.
Whether you like it or not. Holloway is a 2020 draft and will be compared to it. Zegras is a 2019 draft
Go whine about it to someone else

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yes, he's a great prospect and again props to you for actually offering something that HURTS. That said, Forsberg is a top, top star winger - even if Holloway is trending really well, without question one of the very few best players in the NCAA and is entering convo for a top 25 prospect in the entire NHL - he could be all that and still never be the dynamic fulcrum Forsberg is today. And sure, yes - you are trading a young, controlled asset for what, 1.5 years of FF and then possibly/probably a new expensive contract for FF - so I get it, even if Holloway doesn't become the player FF is (and it's not likely) - there is value in that cheap control.

But then it comes back to what is Nashville actually trying to accomplish by even pondering trading Forsberg? You absolutely cannot trade Forsberg for Holloway (or similar prospect) and stop there IMO...
Forsberg is a top star winger?

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
If we're trading Forsberg for a defensemen the same age he is we're not adding. Would rather go for Bouchard + Holloway as a base.

Good luck with that...
The last thing the Oilers need is s winger. Of any kind really. If we are sending good assets out it needs to be for a long term solution in goal. And even if we needed a winger we wouldnt be giving up our best forward prospect and best defence prospect for said winger.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not so sure he is happy with Roussel.
He is fine with him. I bet Pulju doesnt even know or care who attacked him. He knows that a penalty was called and Oilers got the goal and eventually the win.

Reactions: zar

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You can tell real quick in these Forsberg threads who has actually watched him consistently throughout his career versus those who pull up his stats on hockeydb.
I use yahoo sports :(
Gives TOI , faceoff %, and game logs..

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Seriously guys. Filip Forsberg is a 25 goal 60 point winger. Dont make out like he is Peter Forsberg.
Its okay for a fan base to overvalue its best player. If he is just a 60 pt player then you should be fine trading Yamamoto + Puljujarvi for him. They arent special either.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Seriously guys. Filip Forsberg is a 25 goal 60 point winger. Dont make out like he is Peter Forsberg.

He's not Peter Forsberg. What is he? Well, he has an elite level shot. He is a top tier overall offensive talent. He does go through slumps here and there where he tries to do to much and struggles As far as stats go....the Nashville effect must be taken into effect. Playing for a franchise that has a competent PP, and a better overall top 6 he would be a 70+ point guy. Why would Poile give that talent up unless he knew he couldn't resign him when his contract ended?

Poile would be crazy to trade him unless he got back a forward who had a strong likelihood of being a 1st line talent 60+ point player and a mid - late first.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
He's never had a season with less than 26 goals except for last year when the league stopped play and he had 21 in 63.

You put him on a team with an actual coach and a top 6 center and he's going to get a PPG

Do you know how many times I have read this sort of BS on HF? A lot. It means nothing.
He is a 25 goal 60 point Winger. (approx) Also plays the least valuable position in hockey. Dont get me wrong, he is a good player. But he is a minor star at most.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
"Forsberg do something amazing please", this is basically the entire offensive system for the Preds this season.

Reactions: Soundgarden

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
He's not Peter Forsberg. What is he? Well, he has an elite level shot. He is a top tier overall offensive talent. He does go through slumps here and there where he tries to do to much and struggles As far as stats go....the Nashville effect must be taken into effect. Playing for a franchise that had a competent PP, and a better overall top 6 he would be a 70+ point guy. Why would Poile give that talent up unless he knew he couldn't resign him when his contract ended?

Poile would be crazy to trade him unless he got back a forward who had a strong likelihood of being a 1st line talent 60+ point player and a mid - late first.

So you want a team to trade Forsberg plus a 1st for Forsberg. Makes sense. Where do I sign...

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Do you know how many times I have read this sort of BS on HF? A lot. It means nothing.
He is a 25 goal 60 point Winger. (approx) Also plays the least valuable position in hockey. Dont get me wrong, he is a good player. But he is a minor star at most.

How many times are those players playing for Hynes? The Nashville system of defense first second and last? The dump and chase without the chase system?
Sometimes it's not actually bs, look at Roslovic, Winnipeg fans were yelling from the rooftops that he's being blocked by their top 6 guys and if you give him the chance he'll be a stand out player.

If you don't want to give anything up for him we'll be fine just keeping him. I strongly suggest you watch him play though, he can control the game when he's on and he's above average defensively.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
So you want a team to trade Forsberg plus a 1st for Forsberg. Makes sense. Where do I sign...

Strawman argument for the winnnnn!!!!!

You are talking potential versus known commodity. Forsberg is 26. Forsberg is a great talent. His production is artificially lowered by playing for a team with a weak top 6 and PP. It has been that way pretty much his whole career. So yes, hopefully Poile would want a prospect that has the potential of somewhat/closely replacing Forsberg's talent and production, and also grab a mid-late 1st for the risk of trading a known young commodity for an unknown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad