FIFA / FM Thread

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I haven't played career mode in about three years but I'm looking to get back into it this summer.

Do United still buy 13 strikers?

They kind of fixed it, sort of, maybe. They still go after strikers, but certainly not the extent that it was a couple years ago. I think the new thing in career mode that frustrates me to no end is that it is impossible to sell/loan players of mid-level quality.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They kind of fixed it, sort of, maybe. They still go after strikers, but certainly not the extent that it was a couple years ago. I think the new thing in career mode that frustrates me to no end is that it is impossible to sell/loan players of mid-level quality.
African player: "Boss, I'm homesick. I'm leaving the club."

Also African player: *signs with a club even further from Africa*

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
African player: "Boss, I'm homesick. I'm leaving the club."

Also African player: *signs with a club even further from Africa*

Or don't forget the praising your player gets your player angry

You: You scored a hat trick!! I want to say you had a fantastic game

Player: It wasn't a good game to my standards. How dare you speak to me like that!?! I want a transfer!!!!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Or don't forget the praising your player gets your player angry

You: You scored a hat trick!! I want to say you had a fantastic game

Player: It wasn't a good game to my standards. How dare you speak to me like that!?! I want a transfer!!!!

18 year old in reserves: "Boss, I'd like to start next game."

Next game: *Barcelona on the road*

18 year old in reserves: "Disappointed not to start."

Juve

May 13, 2011
I am not even playing as Juventus. I am playing in the Dutch league
I don't even know what to make of this !?!
n5n5Nvj.png

iLE3zeR.jpg

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hazard going for 69m while Costa goes for 90m. :laugh:

Yeah FM always has some weird transfers. Real Madrid and Barcelona have been bugging me for Mane every season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And to think FM rates Coquelin over Ndombele and Lingard over Pepe, Bruno Fernandes or plenty of others.

Juve

May 13, 2011
I just don't understand this crazy market. 200 million for Varane, 92 for Costa while Hazard goes for 69. Then Juventus sells half their club and do no replace anyone.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Using a small club is so hard because the expectations are off the wall.

Big clubs want you to win everything, but they don't care how you do it. Every year when I managed Liverpool, the expectation was literally to win the treble, but how? Not of consequence. Youth squad? f*** 'em! Take this $200m and knock yourself out.

The small clubs actually also want you to win multiple trophies, but you have to do so while promoting half the youth squad most of whom are in the 60's overall.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The small clubs actually also want you to win multiple trophies, but you have to do so while promoting half the youth squad most of whom are in the 60's overall.

Also when you are a small club and you over achieve to qualify for the Europa League or CL for the first time in the clubs history and the expectation is to win it.

Like come on Brighton board we aint winning the CL with Glen Murray as Striker!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I tried to get into the new career mode and immediately went back to FIFA 17.

The transfer window is enough of a nonsensical headache without a cutscene every time you burp.

I mean, the cinematics unveiling the player once he's signed are cool, but I don't need a minute long scene (including load times) for him to tell me £100,000 is below him and he'll never speak to me again, three more cutscenes by the time I'm finished simming through the week, and then another cutscene for the same player to sign for £100,005.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I tried to get into the new career mode and immediately went back to FIFA 17.

The transfer window is enough of a nonsensical headache without a cutscene every time you burp.

I mean, the cinematics unveiling the player once he's signed are cool, but I don't need a minute long scene (including load times) for him to tell me £100,000 is below him and he'll never speak to me again, three more cutscenes by the time I'm finished simming through the week, and then another cutscene for the same player to sign for £100,005.

Yeah the cutscenes were cool for about 5 minutes when they introduced them ,but it got old real quick. It fixed a problem that needed to be solved by signing a player the same day you start negotiations, but it introduced new problems like the stuff you said. But that's further down the list of problems in career mode.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
FIFA 20 going to have a FIFA street variant available in the game with 3v3, 4v4, and 5v5 modes. Looks fun but nothing groundbreaking.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
FIFA 20 going to have a FIFA street variant available in the game with 3v3, 4v4, and 5v5 modes. Looks fun but nothing groundbreaking.

They should just bring back the fifa street franchise. Those were actually pretty fun games back in the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad