FIFA / FM Thread

Sep 19, 2008
FM has this new mode which makes simming look better than your typical circles on a football field. Still like FIFA the best though. Even though it's pretty difficult to break down defenses. I find that the best way to score FIFA goals has always been to outpace your opponent, which is basically mashing R2 and trying to outrun everyone, which often doesn't work.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
My FIFA 19 request: it's really simple. A visible stoppage time clock!

Perhaps having that in their World Cup patch is a good sign they'll have it for 19.

They have it for the Bundesliga games in career mode, but I'm not sure what its like for FUT.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
FIFA 19 will include Champions League & Europa League.
Below is a list of nations teams in FIFA 19. I hope they keep the rights to all the teams below and add some significant national teams that should be in FIFA 19.
My wish list for 19’ is Croatia, Nigeria, Serbia, South Korea, Japan, Morocco, Ghana, Slovakia and a few more i can't think of right now.
2018 MEN'S NATIONAL
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Bolivia *
Brazil
Bulgaria *
Cameroon *
Canada
Chile *
China PR
Colombia *
Côte d'Ivoire *
Czech Republic
Denmark
Ecuador *
Egypt *
England
Finland *
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary *
Iceland
India *
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Northern Ireland
Norway
Paraguay *
Peru *
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Scotland
Slovenia *
South Africa *
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland *
Turkey
United States
Uruguay *
Venezuela *
Wales

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
I downloaded a free agent database on FM where every player is a free agent. Started with United then took over Lille in December as they only signed 7 33 year olds, Geubbels and Lunin. Built a pretty fun team:

Augustin/Dimata/Mayoral
Balde--------------------Paqueta
Tielemans Fofana
Gonalons
Junior Tavares Gnagnon Engels Rosales
Lloris
I'm retraining Paqueta as the formation is working well. Also signed Nkunku, Gouiri, I.Konate, Blas, Skhiri, Roux, Rodrigo Ely, Soumaoro, Mazan and Krafth. Currently 2nd in the 18/19 season.

Also took over Bilbao to help fill out their squad. It's fun building teams but the AI isn't great. 4-5 teams in each league only sign about 5 players and a lot of players go unsigned. Messi went to China. Ronaldo was unsigned for a couple of months until I signed him for United on £120k a week.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just played a FM match where every single player got a yellowcard except the goalkeepers. Yes, even including the subs and this is when I turned off "getting stuck in". My best CB scored the goal to tie the game, then got a red card, and my goalkeeper saved it.

That game had everything, lol.

Not planning to buy FM this year. But I say this every year and I end buying it like a fool. Every. Year.
The game is like being married to a Latino woman. Insane amount of frustration times, but you just keep coming back and loving it. I've come to the realisation that it isn't worth getting angry about so I just quit and go back in during those frustrating times. Like when you lose 4-0 to a team that was already relegated on match day 15 and you have no idea why.

Last edited:
Reactions: HFBCommenter

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I really wish United played as well as I play with them in FIFA. That would make for much more entertaining games and better results

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Anyone skipping FIFA this year? I stopped buying NHL until they invested more in their offline modes. Career mode for FIFA is basically just getting licensing.

I wish they would improve training and scouting, it just feels so lame. Maybe have an assistant coach staff, and you have to upgrade them to have more effective training.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Anyone skipping FIFA this year? I stopped buying NHL until they invested more in their offline modes. Career mode for FIFA is basically just getting licensing.

I wish they would improve training and scouting, it just feels so lame.
Been thinking about it. Probably going to be a Black Friday purchase.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I wish they would improve training and scouting, it just feels so lame. Maybe have an assistant coach staff, and you have to upgrade them to have more effective training.

Maybe. Gonna use my EA access trial and make my decision after that.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

I'll be only buying those games once they are been selling at a good discount in the psn +. Got the NHL 18 for 70% off and won't buy the 19 until the same happens. It's the same game but new rosters, pretty shitty.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Anyone know if they’ve fixed the loans?

I mean like on 18 Mbappe is back on Monaco in season 2 when he should transfer over to PSG.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I think the selling point for me this year is the new kick off modes, should add some fun as unrealistic as it all is

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Anybody have interesting/weird/cool FM stories?

I am currently in the 2022 World Cup and Cape Verde made it to the semi-finals before losing to Argentina 3-0.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Not cool, f***ing Gonalons cost me the Coupe de la Ligue. 93rd minute, 1-0 up against PSG in the final and he gives away a penalty. Then in the shootout he misses the decisive penalty. Now I have an irrational hate for Maxime Gonalons.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
In my career mode with Brighton on Fifa I am in 2021 and representing one of the other champions league spots is QPR....Don't know how they got here....

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Rematch for the Coupe de la Ligue. Gonalons gets injured in the week before the game. His replacement Skhiri scored the first goal. We win 2-0 :D

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Can't wait for the champions league music in a frost bite engine fifa game. It sucks to have to pay full price but fifa18 is beautiful on ps4 pro.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Are any other Career mode players thinking about skipping this years FIFA?

I got last year's on sale for $40 played it a week then sold it for $30 because nothing had changed. Rather take the loss than play the same game over and over. Did they make any chances to career mode for this year or should I save myself the money?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad