FIFA / FM Thread

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by YNWA14, Oct 24, 2017.

1. phisherman

phisherman Registered User

But but they've added rooftop lounge and restaurant for the transfer negotiations cutscenes!

Honestly these two are probably the best changes they've made. I just hope the player action pop up works the opposite way. It was painful to go to my shortlist, select the player I want that needed to be scouted again, then go to the player search and then have to type in the player's name again.
    • Added an option in the Player Actions pop-up to add a player to the shortlist and immediately go to the Transfer Hub with the respective player.
    • Dynamic Player Potential

2. kingsboy11

kingsboy11 Queens of the World

Yeah I'm 50/50 on the morale because the morale system for the NHL series is god awful and its ends up being more micromanaging than anything else. But then again there are less games in FIFA than NHL so maybe it won't be as bad. And while the features they are highlighting aren't game breaking I do like some of the things that they are fixing.

• Dynamic player potential is fantastic
    • Added an option to disable International Management job offers at the start of a new career.
    • Increased the initial Composure attribute values for generated youth players and redistributed weights for player growth between physical, mental and skill attributes to allow for more physical growth.
    • Improved distribution of ethnicity within a country when generating youth players.
    • Significantly increased the initial amounts for wage budget allocation.
    • Increased the player value of defensive players based on the latest transfer market activity.
    • Fixed multiple issues with leagues that split into play-offs after the end of the regular season. League objectives are now correctly tracking the play-off instead of the regular season standings. Champions celebrations are triggered at the end of the play-offs.
    • Improved the algorithm used by AI teams to determine their starting XI. Moving forward you should see far fewer instances in which the opponent isn’t using their prime starting XI in important matches.
    • Re-adjusted the number of saves to 8, inside Career Mode
    These changes could at least set up career mode for the next couple of years if they are indeed fixed. But then again its one thing to actually say they're improving the game, putting into practice is another. Its wait and see, but I think its a positive step.

3. Roman Fell

Roman Fell 甘いけどサイコ

This new Volta football looks good

4. bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223 Registered User

Yeah, I thought how they setup scouting, shortlists, transfers was very clunky. You had to go in and out of so many screens to buy and sell players.

Dynamic player potential is intriguing. Career modes got very boring with potentials being so static and easily known, hopefully this adds some variability across different saves, and makes it easier to use youth players when they are in-form.

I just wish they'd add some features like transfer bans, or FFP, or change the youth and senior scouting. I'd really like for them to change manager mode to more of a director mode where you end up hiring and firing managers, and the managers have specific styles and systems to play.

Most of all, I hate what the did to the team sheet section last year. It takes forever to make adjustments to styles and if you change formations, it just makes everything default, so if you want free-roaming wingers and play a couple different formations, it's a pain.

5. phisherman

They also need to fix the AI for transfers. Man U seem to like to buy a bunch of strikers every time.

6. Roman Fell

Roman Fell 甘いけどサイコ

Female Manager lol

"Alex Morgan retires from nwsl to manage English league championship team"

7. robertmac43

robertmac43 Forever 43!

University Student
    I think the changes were more significant this year and warrant buying. Having the extra save slots is pleasing. The dynamic potentials and overalls is very intriguing as well.

8. phisherman

• Increased the initial Composure attribute values for generated youth players and redistributed weights for player growth between physical, mental and skill attributes to allow for more physical growth.
    This is also important. Hated seeing regen players that were 5'5 but listed as CB and having weak mental stats that couldn't really be trained.

I hope they improve stamina growth too as that was an issue for regens as well.

9. East Coast Bias

East Coast Bias Registered User

Because they don't really care about that stuff.

They make most of their money on microtransactions - something like 60% of their revenue stream. 25% of the EA stream is FUT purchases alone. It's crazy.

NBA2K is the same now. It's unplayable online because people spend $150 out of pocket to create 99 rated players in minutes.

10. bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223 Registered User

I know, they make more off of FUT than they do the actual game. It's happening across all AAA games now, but it's been this way in sports titles for a long time, it's why I've stopped buying them for the most part. They could make them free to play, and still make insane profit on them.

11. Roman Fell

Roman Fell 甘いけどサイコ

Just don't play online. The fun is offline.

robertmac43 likes this.
  12. robertmac43

robertmac43 Forever 43!

University Student
    Or just play FM 20 when it comes out

13. kingsboy11

kingsboy11 Queens of the World

I was lucky enough to get a FIFA 20 beta code yesterday. The servers don't open up until 10am for me and I'll be out of the house for a few hours this morning unfortunately. When I get the chance I'll post my thoughts.

robertmac43 likes this.
  14. JeffreyLFC

JeffreyLFC Registered User

FIFA will improve career mode. I read the whole informations about it and IMO they did the change in panic to the backslash of fans requesting changes. Nothing there is ground breaking except the dynamic potential for players and "supossed" improved AI regarding teams management. The rest is all esthetic.

No money management, no reserve squad, no create a team or build a stadium, no online career mode.

They did these changes to appease the fans that theatened to not buy the game because it is the same career mode every year.

15. Roman Fell

Roman Fell 甘いけどサイコ

16. Luigi Habs

Luigi Habs Captain Saku

I tried PES 20 demo today.

What’s the fuss about this game and ppl threatening to leave Fifa for it? Fifa is still the better game by far.

17. YNWA14

YNWA14 Onbreekbaar

Because I usually skip most of the fluff I just found out this was a thing:

[​IMG]

alko likes this.
  18. The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park Registered User

Just watched the gameplay trailer for the Volta mode on fifa 20 and it looks pretty sweet.