Post-Game Talk: Farmboy Strikes Again! Jets Win 2-1

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Connor tried a play on the powerplay that I used to watch San Jose do regularly when they were my team before the Jets came back. Wheeler passed the puck to him at his spot beside the net, he came out in front a bit, turned his back to the crowd and tried to slide the puck through everyone with a backhand pass to a wide open Laine. The thing is when a player has the puck that close to your goalie everyone collapses towards the player with the puck, and when they're that close it's harder for them to react to a quick pass. If it makes it through it's a wide open net for Laine, if it hits a player then it's chaos in front of the net. Might bounce off their defense towards the goal, in this case it bounced off their defense to Scheifele and he got a good chance.

What I'm getting at is that this has always been a very effective play when I've seen it, and I really hope they add it as another option to their powerplay repertoire. Could add a fair bit of dynamism.

Reactions: JetsFan815

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Good rebound from a p poor outing in Dallas!

D played well, even Myers turned it around from a shaky first period.

We may need a thread and poll on who scores first: Little, Ehlers or Perreault and at which game in the season they get that goal. I'm going Ehlers in game 23 for his first, Little in game 12 and Perreault in game 36!
Well, ol' Sip, I'm gonna have to point the finger solely at you for destroying Ehlers confidence with all your, "greedy little Dane" posts. It really seems to have shook him up real good.

He must be saying to himself, "oh no, people think I'm greedy? I will try to be better and pass to my line mates more; not skate with the puck so much and please remember, please, please, please remember to pass instead of shoot"

So, before you go wrecking any of our other good players I'm putting you on notice that every shot you take on a player, I will counter with a positive post. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

giphy.gif

It's probably not Fortnite that is distracting the players, but obsessing on HFBoards in regards to their standing with a certain hard boiled, tough loving but latent softy poster.:razz:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yeah, ~80% Corsi against the reigning Selke winner's line is quite something.

They seem to be every bit as effective as they were last year.

Do you have a site that you use for Corsi numbers for individual games? The one I used has been shut down.

As for that line, they look every bit as effective defensively, they look potentially more effective offensively. Tanev could have easily had 3 points tonight, plus his disallowed goal from last game that I feel should have counted. Copp had some quality chances as well. Very fun watching those 3.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well that was a pretty dominant performance for the first 40 minutes.

Thank you Jets

Reactions: GNP

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Do you have a site that you use for Corsi numbers for individual games? The one I used has been shut down.

As for that line, they look every bit as effective defensively, they look potentially more effective offensively. Tanev could have easily had 3 points tonight, plus his disallowed goal from last game that I feel should have counted. Copp had some quality chances as well. Very fun watching those 3.
Natural Stat Trick is amazing.

Reactions: Atoyot

Whileee

May 29, 2010
After the 2014/15 playoffs Maurice and Chevy decided that even though they had some success as a big and heavy team the Jets needed to get a lot quicker or they wouldn't go anywhere. They shaped a roster and style around quickness. The Kings never figured that out and are paying for it now as a franchise.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Laine still see's shutdown lines at times, typically the top D pairing too. Rosie could be worth a shot. Maybe when and if Vesalainen goes down. Which I think he should soon. Jets will probably give him 9 and then send him down.

You're probably right - but why? It is clearly something they are 'giving' him. I cannot see a reason. Baffling.

Reactions: Robinson2187

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Really good bounce back game. Jets should have had 2-3 more goals but I'll take the win.

OK, pre-season is over. Lets get started. :laugh:

Reactions: GNP

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Good rebound from a p poor outing in Dallas!

D played well, even Myers turned it around from a shaky first period.

We may need a thread and poll on who scores first: Little, Ehlers or Perreault and at which game in the season they get that goal. I'm going Ehlers in game 23 for his first, Little in game 12 and Perreault in game 36!
The last guy to score gets traded or takes a pay cut.

Reactions: sipowicz

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
CSW The line was flying out there. Connor and Scheifele where really driving the bus, Wheeler was good but once again not great. I stand by my view that he is more passanger on that line now. I wonder if he can get Little going if we move him down. I think Laine would contribute just as much in his spot.

I'll disagree with this tonight. Wheeler wasn't a passenger on that line, he was really good along the wall, great in retrieval and off the break. I think Laine could probably contribute close to the same but he struggles maintaining possession along the boards. He's using his body better but still not maintaining much possession. Part of the dominance of C-S-W is all of them being really good down low and along the wall, they all contribute in keeping possession and creating.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
He’s fine. But the poor guy is probably dead tired. Scheifele didn’t look great as the third period went on either.
30 minutes of ice time will do that to you.
Yeah, I thought Wheeler looked fine, other than being exhausted. The ice allocation needs to be addressed.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Awesome thanks! I never bothered checking it out because I had my go-to, looks pretty thorough!

Also, wow Lowry's line's Fenwick for that game :amazed:
To be honest - I have no idea why resources like that are available for free online. Pretty much all they are missing are xG stats.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Wow .... Scheifele almost played 25 minutes the most of any player that's insane.

This ofcourse cannot continue, I don't expect this to be a regular occurrence. Maurice may have gotten carried away but one has to imagine that he knows that he needs to leave something in the tank of these players for the post season, assuming the Jets make the post-season.
I thought Wheeler was good tonight. Very sharp with the puck.

I didn't see it that way, he had a better game than in Dallas for sure though. Part of it might be how much Connor/Scheifele and carrying the puck so far this season giving Wheeler less of a chance to shine.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00