Post-Game Talk: Farmboy Strikes Again! Jets Win 2-1

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Yep and Roslo has been pretty great. His end to end rush against the Kings was a thing of beauty. He set Perrault up multiple times. Roslo didn't get much playing time but what he did he has been pretty great.

I noticed the same thing as you did with Roslo's play against the Kings,and that's why I think he should be centering the line between Ehlers and Laine. Speed kills !!!

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011

I don't think Duchene is the right guy for the Jets--seems to be "trouble" wherever he goes.

I'd propose a "blockbuster trade"-- like Ehlers or Connor for Mathew Barzal !!!

Unless you change "or" to "and" the Isles would not be interested.

Reactions: Robinson2187

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Unless you change "or" to "and" the Isles would not be interested.

Yes, I agree -- your probably very right on that, so a deal really couldn't be made then. That would be way way to much for one player. We'll stand pat.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
At least Myers has some idea on who to cover. Morrow skates around like a chicken with his head cut off.
Wait...did you mean to say that or did you mix the names up?

Who's kidding who, theyre both headless chickens.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Am I in the Laine thread, the Free Agent thread, the second line thread, or the post game thread after a win?

Kings are not deep. They shortened the bench, Paul kept his matchups. Didn't want to risk a new matchup late in a one goal game.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Am I in the Laine thread, the Free Agent thread, the second line thread, or the post game thread after a win?

Yes.

All your threads are belong to us.

Seriously though: 5 moderators can't keep up with moving posts around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neuf

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Kings are not deep. They shortened the bench, Paul kept his matchups. Didn't want to risk a new matchup late in a one goal game.
PGT's are a free for all at the best of times, pretty free flowing and usually have a built in expiry date. Keeping it on topic is an exercise in futility.

Reactions: Neuf and YWGinYYZ

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Wait...did you mean to say that or did you mix the names up?

Who's kidding who, theyre both headless chickens.

It's true! We need Kulikov back and Niku up with the team.

Mojo - Tuba
Kuli - Myers
Niku - Buff

Should be our lines. Buff on PP1, MoJo on PP2. With some spot time on PP2 for Niku. And just keep Niku away from PK. They've been doing it with Morrow already. He's played 0:00 PK minutes over the last 3 games.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
It's true! We need Kulikov back and Niku up with the team.

Mojo - Tuba
Kuli - Myers
Niku - Buff

Should be our lines. Buff on PP1, MoJo on PP2. With some spot time on PP2 for Niku. And just keep Niku away from PK. They've been doing it with Morrow already. He's played 0:00 PK minutes over the last 3 games.
Just posted in another thread, where is Kulikov? Just realized he hasn't been out there!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Just posted in another thread, where is Kulikov? Just realized he hasn't been out there!

Still not 100% yet. Cleared to play but this early in the season I think the Jets are making sure he is 100% before he steps out onto the ice. Games aren't do or die enough to risk re-injury.

Reactions: kylbaz

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Good win. Played well. Defense really settled in after the first. Not why people are complaining about the lines. They were fine. ELL was fine. Laine and Ehlers aren’t going to produce every game and Laine is finding the puck. Just not going in yet. Same for Ehlers. I think some people forget Laine is only 20 years old and is going to look like a 20 year old at times. It’s a long season and for some reason people seem to expect big results game in and game out. There are highs and there are lows throughout the year. Just be patient.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Good win. Played well. Defense really settled in after the first. Not why people are complaining about the lines. They were fine. ELL was fine. Laine and Ehlers aren’t going to produce every game and Laine is finding the puck. Just not going in yet. Same for Ehlers. I think some people forget Laine is only 20 years old and is going to look like a 20 year old at times. It’s a long season and for some reason people seem to expect big results game in and game out. There are highs and there are lows throughout the year. Just be patient.

Agreed. The line is looking mostly OK to me at least which could be indicative of points to come (there are still some timing issues). Let's see around the quarter-season mark if they are still not producing.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Hes just not ready for that much responsibility. He looks great on the offensive side of the puck for sure but he is still learning the reads of an NHL center against low end competition. I think he may get lost matching up to the Tavares, Malkin, Turris and Carters of the world that will be trying to hone in on him when he plays on the road.
Maybe, maybe not?

Connor made the most of his first line duties when he was called up last year.

We can't do it tonight against Nashville, but we can practice over the homestand and play some linematching as well over the homestand.

Besides, if other teams try to hone in on him, who's watching Laine? :)

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Holy **** guys and girls

Back in the dark ages 2 years ago when we had terrible goaltending The Post Game Talk threads use to suck after losses and we use to plan the parade after wins and there was a predictable rhythm to our little bipolar express!!

Now that we finished 2nd in the NHL I really can't tell if we won or lost in the PGT's because this place has become so ****ing negative and miserable and there is zero joy.

I am temped to rent a big bus, invite everyone who is not a mod that posts here to join me then I am going to drive it off a cliff so we can start fresh with new dumber but happier Jets fans.

Ok was the last sentence too much?

Will the bus have beer?

Reactions: surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad