Post-Game Talk: Farmboy Strikes Again! Jets Win 2-1

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
raw

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Nice defensive win. I cannot believe how high scoring some games are this year in the league.

Did Roslovic line play the third? I think we tweak that line, but good overall effort

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We really are becoming a bit of a 1 line offence. We just don't have anyone who can both play with Laine and keep up on the defensive side of the pucks with the quality of competition Laine see's. Little is just not that high end 2C anymore. He's looking more like a good 3C. Rosie just isn't ready for those matchups yet and Lowry is a two-way 3C whose just not a fit stylistically with Laine.

We are in an odd spot right now, where whoever plays with Scheif/Wheeler are likely to score. Everyone else is just treading water.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If they aren't goin to play that 4th line send Ves down. Loving the Tanev. Let dano play the 5 minutes a game what damage can he do?

Reactions: Larabee

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Solid game from almost everyone. Thought Buff had a very good game. 4th line was also very good. Little with some nice passes, Ehlers using his speed to create a few good shot opportunities, Laine was good on the PP. 1st line was excellent along with the Lowry line.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
We really are becoming a bit of a 1 line offence. We just don't have anyone who can both play with Laine and keep up on the defensive side of the pucks with the quality of competition Laine see's. Little is just not that high end 2C anymore. He's looking more like a good 3C. Rosie just isn't ready for those matchups yet and Lowry is a two-way 3C whose just not a fit stylistically with Laine.

We are in an odd spot right now, where whoever plays with Scheif/Wheeler are likely to score. Everyone else is just treading water.
I'd send Rosie in there with Laine and Ehlers. At least at home C-S-W and C-L-T are playing against the other team's top 2 lines.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Only could listen to the game on the radio..it sounded like Lowry had a heckuva game.....really looking forward to feedback from those who saw it live..thank you.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'd send Rosie in there with Laine and Ehlers. At least at home C-S-W and C-L-T are playing against the other team's top 2 lines.

Laine still see's shutdown lines at times, typically the top D pairing too. Rosie could be worth a shot. Maybe when and if Vesalainen goes down. Which I think he should soon. Jets will probably give him 9 and then send him down.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Great win. I am rather concerned about Little. I know it’s early in the season but he just neutralises offense. If he could be an average 2C this year, that line up could be scary good.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Laine still see's shutdown lines at times, typically the top D pairing too. Rosie could be worth a shot. Maybe when and if Vesalainen goes down. Which I think he should soon. Jets will probably give him 9 and then send him down.
At some point Laine will have to start producing more offense on his own. C-S-W and C-L-T aren't being split up anytime soon. I'd still roll the dice on putting Rosie with Ehlers and Laine and try to give them as favorable matchups as you can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad