Post-Game Talk: Farmboy Strikes Again! Jets Win 2-1

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Was at the game tonight. Tanev looked great, he was bouncing all over the place like a pinball. Kyle Connor is just a great player, just so fun to watch now. Roslovic also looked pretty good when he got to play. I'd consider putting in a large order of popcorn for Vesalainen next game and put Lemieux or Dano in.

I'm in agreement with some others, they should put Rosolovic with Laine and Ehlers and see what they can do.

Don’t worry. It will become obvious to Paul Maurice about two years after everyone else. Only a year and a half to go.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Good rebound from a p poor outing in Dallas!

D played well, even Myers turned it around from a shaky first period.

We may need a thread and poll on who scores first: Little, Ehlers or Perreault and at which game in the season they get that goal. I'm going Ehlers in game 23 for his first, Little in game 12 and Perreault in game 36!

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
Connor is turning into a star right before our eyes. And Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler is as dominant line as there is in the NHL. It is only the unique circumstances of having 2 other young star wingers that would even have people suggesting spitting up C-S-W.

Not to single you out Bogo but a lot of people say this. What is it based on?

I think they look good too but they are also playing huge minutes.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Not to single you out Bogo but a lot of people say this. What is it based on?

I think they look good too but they are also playing huge minutes.

They certainly dominate TOI.

I think their play suffers from playing such huge minutes. I reckon they would be more dominant if they played a little less.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
What did they do ES today? Tanev set up Scheif's goal, Connor scored on the PP.
I watched the Pizza line in Ottawa, Sedins during Vancouver's contending years. The CSW line is nowhere near as dominant as they were.

You can argue CSW has done more in one playoff run than the other lines mentioned ever did in many playoff flops.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Attachments

• w3R06dl.png
    w3R06dl.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 16

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
You can argue CSW has done more in one playoff run than the other lines mentioned ever did in many playoff flops.
Both made it to the finals. Ottawa probably wins a Cup if the lockout is resolved in 2005, Hasek doesn't get injured at the '06 Olympics.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I really think Lowry is the best option with Laine and Ehlers. Lowry is far better than Little at this point. I'm not saying that Little is the only reason why they don't look great, Laine and Ehlers are always way off their routes and always get to the puck late. Maybe a guy like Lowry can teach them how to run their routes clean and win some more board battles. Everyone who creates offense has been great at that, Laine and Ehlers want to be set up in open ice.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Both made it to the finals.

And in both finals they flopped miserably and their respective franchises were never the same again.

I especially remember the Pizza line getting owned by Pronger, Niedermayer, Pahlsson et al.

I'll stick with CSW.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts (8.3)...

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler - Really strong game. They dominated most of the game. Wheeler's best game this season. Very sharp. Scheifele is just outstanding. He works his tail off every shift. Connor with another strong game.

Ehlers-Little-Laine - They didn't score, but I thought Ehlers had a better game and Little was fine. Laine wasn't as good as his first two games.

Copp-Lowry-Tanev - Beastly game by this line. They terrorized the Kings' D. Tanev with another really effective game. Lowry was great. Copp was fast and strong on the forecheck.

Vesalainen-Roslovic- Perreault - They were effective in limited usage. Roslovic is a dynamic player. He needs more ice time. I liked Perreault again. Vesalainen was okay.

44-8 Outstanding game for both of them. Trouba was rock solid and Morrissey had another outstanding game.

7-33 Buff was really solid. Chiarot's best game. Quite solid other than a couple of his customary icings in the 3rd.

70-57 Morrow had a decent game. Myers was steadier than his first two games, but was caught out of position and puck watching on the Kings goal and then took a bad penalty late. He really needs to play better.

Hellebuyck was fine. No work until the 3rd. Needs to tighten up his puck handling still.

Overall, a dominant two periods, and full marks for the win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad