Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Thanks Helly solid goaltending.

Jets won.

Holly smoke!!

So much for deep team this Jet is.

1 line got 22plus minutes a game...

Good thing Little line didnt screw up thst 1st goal otherwise they will be buried more.

:laugh:

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Excellent game from Lowry, Trouba, Scheifele. Myers made more good plays than bad. Trouba is a beast and probably doesn't get enough credit for how damn good he is. His gap control is amazing. So many times in that game a zone exit from the Kings was read by Trouba and turned back. He doesn't have much of an offensive touch but he is tough to deal with in the D zone. I hope the Jets can hang on to him he can be a Vlasic type defenseman and probably already is.

Kopitar is money, and when Kovy has the puck he makes nice passes, but other than those two there is not much going on up front. The only time the Kings got scoring chances was when the Jets made a bad mistake in clearing the puck. There was almost no offense created off the rush for the Kings.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What a hit by Trouba early on against Doughty , best game i've seen from Trouba in a long time . I do agree with others on here about ice times , Maurice plays Scheif and Wheeler too much , at least get them off the PK . We have a deep enough roster that those guys shouldn't be killing penalties , great win now lets kick Nashville's ass on Thursday .

Reactions: Ducky10

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
kopitar played 24 minutes. who was Maurice going to play against him ehlers laine or the roslovic line or the line that was dominating him all nite same with carter getting big minutes it had to be the lowry line. other teams wont run such a heavy 2 lines. no problem them running the scheifele lowry line hard matching those 2 lines. rather have some fans crying about minutes for the other lines then the crying if he evened out the minutes and lost.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
kopitar played 24 minutes. who was Maurice going to play against him ehlers laine or the roslovic line or the line that was dominating him all nite same with carter getting big minutes it had to be the lowry line. other teams wont run such a heavy 2 lines. no problem them running the scheifele lowry line hard matching those 2 lines. rather have some fans crying about minutes for the other lines then the crying if he evened out the minutes and lost.
Yeah Maurice matched C-S-W and C-L-T hard against the Kings top 2 lines and top 4 D. Rosie got less than a minute combined against Kopitar and Carter.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
After he has his 9 games there is nothing keeping him here.

Also, if that is the case, they are far too worried about him leaving.

I would be. They have zero control over his development in Europe. He could end up on a team where he barely plays with the Moose they can guarantee him time.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Do you have a site that you use for Corsi numbers for individual games? The one I used has been shut down.

As for that line, they look every bit as effective defensively, they look potentially more effective offensively. Tanev could have easily had 3 points tonight, plus his disallowed goal from last game that I feel should have counted. Copp had some quality chances as well. Very fun watching those 3.

Corsica has individual numbers for games.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

Wonder why we only scored 1 goal 5v5? Our scorers didn't see the ice. 55 should have taken on Kopitar, and roll the rest. Key matchup is 44-8 v Kopitar.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Last night's match-ups / icetime:

matchups-2018-10-09-2018020040-L.AatWPG.png

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
The Jets PP worries me. Lots of firepower but not generating much. They’ve basically reduced a PP to 3 on 3 between the circle and goal-line as opposition teams can take away the one timers to Buff and Laine with one forward. Hell of a play by Connor to catch Martinez napping/puck watching and slip through the backdoor to pop one in.

I think they need to diversify schematically.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
The Jets PP worries me. Lots of firepower but not generating much. They’ve basically reduced a PP to 3 on 3 between the circle and goal-line as opposition teams can take away the one timers to Buff and Laine with one forward. Hell of a play by Connor to catch Martinez napping/puck watching and slip through the backdoor to pop one in.

I think they need to diversify schematically.

It's the same scheme that worked last year, which was quite a departure from the previous year. Teams seem to have scouted and adjusted, so I'd agree that it needs some different looks.

Personally, I think they're too static at the moment - need to move around a bit more at the blueline, methinks.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Every win is a good win. So it was a good win.

Catching up on the comments. It's early, so some of the chemistry with the lines will develop. But we already know that ELL doesn't work from all of their time together last year. Something has to change. The player utilization / ice time allocations are way wrong, Coach. We are not a three line team with no fwd depth. If you don't feel comfortable with Vesalainen with more than 4 or 5 minutes a game, then move him out and let him play somewhere this year. Bring him back next year then. He is not going to develop anything other than pressure sores on his ass from sitting so much on the Jets.

Nice to see the Jets stay out of penalty trouble. Then again, the Kings didn't bring much game last night so relatively easy to stay out of the box.

I hate what is going on in Toronto. I believe that Babcock will figure out a way to tighten up the Leafs defensively and still take advantage of their offensive talent. They are going to be a cup contender. I wish I had the same confidence that Maurice will figure out how to maximize the use of our talent, and not burn out our first line and our starting goaltender well before post season starts.

Reactions: ocdaddy

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's the same scheme that worked last year, which was quite a departure from the previous year. Teams seem to have scouted and adjusted, so I'd agree that it needs some different looks.

Personally, I think they're too static at the moment - need to move around a bit more at the blueline, methinks.

I'm more concerned about our second unit. They don't seem to have a plan and really don't generate anything. Myers is back to taking a long time with his reads at the point.

Reactions: Ducky10 and blues10

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Agreed

Wouldn’t hate seeing Wheeler on the point like they did a few times last year....it really opened things up if I recall

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Paul Maurice is turning this team into a 1 line team from the looks of it

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
If it wasn't for Campbell the score could have easily been 5 or 6-1. Really good bounce back game, nice to see all the rubber sent Campbell's way and a much better PK. On to Nashville where the boys need to bring their A-Game.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'd send Rosie in there with Laine and Ehlers. At least at home C-S-W and C-L-T are playing against the other team's top 2 lines.

At home it really couldn't hurt to try. I believe that Maurice is planning this, but getting Roslovic some sheltered time at center first. If we can keep winning while Roslovic gets comfortable, then just keep winning :)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
If it wasn't for Campbell the score could have easily been 5 or 6-1. Really good bounce back game, nice to see all the rubber sent Campbell's way and a much better PK. On to Nashville where the boys need to bring their A-Game.

Shot tide: Jets really took it to them in the first two periods, then let off a bit in the 3rd.

tide-2018-10-09-2018020040-L.AatWPG.png

Reactions: JohnStaymoose

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'd send Rosie in there with Laine and Ehlers. At least at home C-S-W and C-L-T are playing against the other team's top 2 lines.

At home it really couldn't hurt to try. I believe that Maurice is planning this, but getting Roslovic some sheltered time at center first. If we can keep winning while Roslovic gets comfortable, then just keep winning :)

I'd be up for seeing this happen. :nod: I do think that Roslovic just needs a bit of time, and to be tested a bit. He's incredibly smart and shifty. One of Ehlers or Laine will need to also participate in some board battles/puck retrieval though, as Connor helps out on the 1st line. In fact, if ERL took a page out of CSW's book, that could be a very dangerous line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad