Fantasy Mock Voting (Standings Posted #178)

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Welp....

Here is what I did....

I am not proud.

BNL votes 2020

This is actually quite difficult. I could spend hours trying to justify this but I dont have time for that crap.

the Pacif

1 Vegas (A top end one two center punch, dicey on the wings but a top end defense group)
2 Edmonton (Not a huge fan of the wings....but I do like the defense....and they have Crosby and Price)
3 SJ (Kadri? wtf? I do like the wingers though....and I think the D group s underrated)
4 LA (pretty close to going with Anaheim, Markstrom)
5 Anaheim (Luke Kunin....I dont know who you are.....I feel shame. This team is probably awesome)
6 Arizona (Not a gaudreau fan, or a fan of the centers. The wings are good though. The D and Quick dont really help me)
7 Calgary (Nostrils has a good line...after that Im a little worried....basically all the way down to Kuemper)
8 Vancouver (This roster is probably much better than it looks.....but it looks like shit). Almost as confusing as my team)

Central

1 Dallas (Actually this team is really solid. Well done...whoever you are)
2 .Chicago (Gusev and Labanc.....this cant be right...*checks the rest of the division* ....oh) <----that D tho
3 Winnpeg (Defensively seems like a horse of a team at first glance.....at second glance TJ plays LW?)
4 Colorado (McDavid)
5 St Louis (I wanted Necas, and Kempe, and Parayko....amd Couts....just some solid players here....)
6 Nashville (a lot of guys that I wouldnt want in my top 9.....but who the f*** am I to say?)
7 Minnesota (James Neal)

Metro

1 Columbus (Solid until Namestnikov and Boqvist for me....which is pretty good. But this division....kill me now.)
2 New Jersey (well balanced....albeit young....another solid top 6)
3 Carolina (this team seems pretty filthy but I dont know some of these guys that well)
4 NYI (Well balanced for me....I had to come back around)
5 Philadelphia (equal parts solid and dicey....its was Weal.....and marleau....and Edler)
6 Washington (honestly Sweden would destroy the NHL....they jus know how to team) <-- may have been bumped up to 5??
7 NYR (what do you want from me??!? The defence is wrecking me)
8 Pittsburgh (I failed the Metro)

Atlantic

1 Tampa (so smooth)
2 Detroit (pumping my tires)
3 Florida (I had to think on this one...I had to work to justify Perry on the 1st line...pretty high end core)
4 Buffalo (A solid team with high end goaltending....not much star power....)
5 Montreal (its a toss up between Montreal and Toronto but I went with Bob....and with Giordano. Trophy winners)
6 Toronto (Solidly deep....lacking a superstar IMO)
7 Boston (I dont know. Im really not a big fan of the wings or the defense....its hard to tell though)
8 Ottawa (not really big on the RS defence or centers....I tried to not vote Ottawa last)

Apologies for mistakes/typos....or if I trashed your team.

:popcorn:

Glad to see my Stars at the top of the central. Wasn’t sure how they were going to be perceived as they don’t have a ton of eye popping talent

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I had Dallas 1 as well I think or maybe 2. That team would do well in the playoffs IMO.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I had Dallas at 1 also. Definitely in the top 3 but I thought about the order of those 3 for quite a while.

I am a bit biased, though :laugh:

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Yeah I will say Galchenyuk is pretty rough for top line left wing, but I like the rest of the team

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
3 Winnpeg (Defensively seems like a horse of a team at first glance.....at second glance TJ plays LW?)

Yes, he does. In fact this year he was LW to Stamkos and Kucherov for a stretch.

I hope people aren't voting on the assumption that Johnson is playing 'out of position'.

With that being said, I agree with most of your rankings as they are very similar to mine

Last edited:

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Dallas has an interesting blend of players. Lots of stylistic combinations.

Galchenyuk should be on the fourth line with powerplay time, though. Honestly, Blake Comeau does pretty well as the defensive conscience on top six lines so he should up there instead.

Defence is nice. Hopefully Johns is able to get back to 17-18 levels.

Overall, though, I'd argue that the team lacks some flair/firepower but has enough grit and two-way play to compensate.

(Obvs grit and shit isn't covered in PandaScore)

Last edited:
Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
@Joey Moss - I’m about to go full on mental, but I’d like to change my lines to the following with the following disclaimers placed in brackets so that posters (hopefully) know where I’m coming from.

Marcus Foligno - Jean Gabriel Pageau - Trevor Lewis (shutdown line against opposing top line)

Nikolaj Ehlers - Mark Scheifele - Kasperi Kapanen (play against opposing teams’ 2nd line)

James Neal - Jeff Carter - Tyler Toffoli

Tyler Motte - Riley Nash - Ryan Hartman

Dumoulin - Mayfield (play behind JPG line)

Skeji-Carlson (play behind Scheifele and Jeff Carter line)

Staal - Roy (limited minutes playing behind 4th line).

Carter Hart

Jaroslav Halak
No. First and foremost, you keep Dumoulin-Carlson together.

Second, your first line needs to be Ehlers-Scheifele-Toffoli as a power vs power line.

Run your second line as Foligno-JGP-Lewis as a shutdown, then your third as Neal-Carter-Kapanen for buttersoft minutes. Neal with JGP undoes the line as a shutdown line, but you can switch Lewis and Kapanen so that your shutdown has more skill but less defensive effectiveness while your third can handle harder minutes than before.

You overthought!!

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Honestly I'm not mad at him putting Gally on the top line. If anyone's gonna pick up his slack, it'd be Mark Stone.

I'm not necessarily docking you for having a player who struggled on your roster. Players bounce back. Especially guys still in their prime playing years. My concern is whether or not you see them as an afterthought. If Gally's on a fourth line with a bunch of grinders, you shouldn't have picked him.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
No. First and foremost, you keep Dumoulin-Carlson together.

Second, your first line needs to be Ehlers-Scheifele-Toffoli as a power vs power line.

Run your second line as Foligno-JGP-Lewis as a shutdown, then your third as Neal-Carter-Kapanen for buttersoft minutes. Neal with JGP undoes the line as a shutdown line, but you can switch Lewis and Kapanen so that your shutdown has more skill but less defensive effectiveness while your third can handle harder minutes than before.

You overthought!!

Thanks man! Will do.

@Joey Moss - if it’s not too late, us Panda’s suggestion instead. Cheers.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Galchenyuk has had plenty of chances to bounce back over the past while. His mental game deserted him.

As amazing as Mark Stone is, you're still asking for trouble against power lines if Gally is there. It's just not maximizing the most important line.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Honestly I'm not mad at him putting Gally on the top line. If anyone's gonna pick up his slack, it'd be Mark Stone.

I'm not necessarily docking you for having a player who struggled on your roster. Players bounce back. Especially guys still in their prime playing years. My concern is whether or not you see them as an afterthought. If Gally's on a fourth line with a bunch of grinders, you shouldn't have picked him.

That was my though. Every year besides this year he’s scored 40-50. I think the chances of him getting those points is low, but unfortunately I waited far to long on left wingers

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
@Gibby Do you know how many games that Raanta has missed this season? I think it's 8 or 9? I can adjust my goalie formula to offset that. With that said, it's Hutchinson who's your Achilles heel in my rating system.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
That was my though. Every year besides this year he’s scored 40-50. I think the chances of him getting those points is low, but unfortunately I waited far to long on left wingers
Buchnevich for Wilson? Buch can play either side and underlying stats say he's a bonafide first line player.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Before I reveal the rankings I'd like to ask for opinions on how to handle the Pacific/Central crossover. The Central has one less team which means calculating the average vote per division would be somewhat unfair. If none of the teams in the Central are getting an 8 seed vote, they should obviously have slightly lower averages. Would everyone be fine with having 4 playoff teams from each division instead of calculating the wild card for the West? Or maybe someone has a better suggestion for how to calculate this, maybe with weighted averages? I have a marketing degree not a math guy.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Central
1st is 8 points
2 6.83
3 5.67
4 4.5
5 3.33
6 2.17
7th is 1 point

Assuming 1st gets 8 points

Last edited:
Reactions: LatvianTwist

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
some guy voted me 6th in my division while i got compliments on my team all draft long, i wish i wasn't an insecure mess.

I had you 1st in the Atlantic, I thought you're team was one of the best. So far the comments on this thread have been really surprising.

For the Central, my top-3 was Colorado, St. Louis, and Nashville, although it seems that some people put Dallas 1st.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
I have to say though, I think Dubnyk's getting a bit underrated. He had one bad year on a terrible Minnesota team, but before that he played 60+ games for 4 seasons in a row, with an average save percentage of .918 through that time. While he isn't your ideal starter, he's still a very capable goalie, especially in a 1b/2a scenario.

I do regret not picking Crawford or Raanta though.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Are people not participating in the game allowed to vote?

@Ainec has Colorado as a top-5 team, so I'd love for him to vote. :laugh:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
*Nerd face*

Dallas has 3 (fox siegenthaler stone) and 4 (fox dubois gurianov siegenthaler) of my hindsight picks with 16th and 4th overall draft board. Meaning they drafted steals

I'd wager if your team and his were not side by side (allowing for direct comparisons), you'd fair better.

In this case people are imagining 7 game playoff scenarios, rather than 82 game regular season games. This is where his team having Wilson has the #intangibles. And maybe that combination plus 3rd line matchups of Bonino Armia vs Dach Kahun in their first playoff games will make the youngsters cry.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
*Nerd face*

Dallas has 3 (fox siegenthaler stone) and 4 (fox dubois gurianov siegenthaler) of my hindsight picks with 16th and 4th overall draft board. Meaning they drafted steals

I'd wager if your team and his were not side by side (allowing for direct comparisons), you'd fair better.

In this case people are imagining 7 game playoff scenarios, rather than 82 game regular season games. This is where his team having Wilson has the #intangibles. And maybe that combination plus 3rd line matchups of Bonino Armia vs Dach Kahun in their first playoff games will make the youngsters cry.

Yep, his team is real solid defensively, they would be a pain to play against in the playoffs.

My team is built around skill, so it would definitely be an interesting matchup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad