Fantasy Mock Voting (Standings Posted #178)

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
:vegasvs:avs

CENTRES: I love the Aho/Seguin/Shaw down the middle but McDavid being helped by Duchene still gives COLORADO the win.

LEFT WINGS: Hoffman and Skinner basically cancel each other out - so it becomes JVR + Hagelin vs Drouin + Heinen and I'd prefer the size/defense combo of the former to win out the day - VEGAS

RIGHT WINGS; Teravainen is the best of them - but on Vegas I love Williams as well, and Bailey/Panik/Bennett is more appealing to me than Dzingel/Kahun/Pirri - it's pretty close to a draw but maybe a slight advantage to COLORADO due to the presence of Teravainen.

DEFENSE: I love Spurgeon, and Girard/Orlov give the Avs a bit of depth. Vegas has a killer shutdown pair to place on McDavid though in Lindholm/McAvoy and then Trouba/Brodie gives them just a bit more depth as I'm not a fan of Nick Leddy for the Avs. VEGAS

GOALIES: Matt Murray has won a cup, twice. Devan Dubnyk/Cam Talbot have not - I'd trust Murray much more in this scenario. VEGAS

VERDICT: VEGAS IN 6, they overall just are a bit more defensively prepared, better goaltending

:leafsvs:cbj

CENTRES: It's very close - Malkin and Tavares are a toss-up for me. I think the bottom six is similar. I have to go with TORONTO because the gap between Point and Toews exists now.

LEFT WING: I'm going with TORONTO again - I see Landeskog being a more adept playoff guy than DeBrincat, Pearson and Hintz are pretty close, bottom six is pretty close but I prefer Compher slightly to Dickinson.

RIGHT WING: Slight edge to COLUMBUS, I think Zucker is the best overall RW here but Johnsson on his off wing and Donskoi doesn't convince me as much as Gourde + a versatile Namestnikov do and Granlund isn't that far off from Zucker. It's tight though.

DEFENSE: Other than the pairings Toronto has made, which are bad, they have better depth here. Martinez/Boqvist I still think is a very average 2nd pair when Boqvist hasn't proven anything, Dahlin/Pesce and OEL/Schmidt (or better, Manson) would be quite even. Toronto having Gardiner and Niskanen to play with gives them better depth, although Djoos-Holl is a very serviceable 3rd pair. TORONTO

GOALIES: Holtby had his best work in round 3 vs Tampa Bay in 2018, have to go with COLUMBUS here even though Francouz had a great season.

VERDICT: Toronto in 6, both teams have C as their strength and Leafs have slightly better Cs, and their D just has more depth on it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad