Fantasy Mock Voting (Standings Posted #178)

Discussion in 'GM Games and HF Leagues' started by Joey Moss, May 6, 2020.

1. Blinny Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    25-23 loss for the Bruins. Dam I was so close

hockeynorth likes this.
  2. Joey Moss 5-14-6-1

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
  3. Nucker101 Foundational Poster

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
  4. Llamamoto Irrelevant

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Vote :avs (B1) over :vegas (A1)!

Nucker101 likes this.
  5. Llamamoto Irrelevant

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Both matchups are tied so far. It's going to be extremely close.

6. Joey Moss 5-14-6-1

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I'm kind of surprised they're close cause to me this was the easiest vote so far.. Vegas and Columbus should be the final.

Makaveli, Nucker101 and hockeynorth like this.
  7. hockeynorth Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    agreed

Nucker101 likes this.
  8. Paralyzer008 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    :vegasvs:avs

CENTRES: I love the Aho/Seguin/Shaw down the middle but McDavid being helped by Duchene still gives COLORADO the win.

LEFT WINGS: Hoffman and Skinner basically cancel each other out - so it becomes JVR + Hagelin vs Drouin + Heinen and I'd prefer the size/defense combo of the former to win out the day - VEGAS

RIGHT WINGS; Teravainen is the best of them - but on Vegas I love Williams as well, and Bailey/Panik/Bennett is more appealing to me than Dzingel/Kahun/Pirri - it's pretty close to a draw but maybe a slight advantage to COLORADO due to the presence of Teravainen.

DEFENSE: I love Spurgeon, and Girard/Orlov give the Avs a bit of depth. Vegas has a killer shutdown pair to place on McDavid though in Lindholm/McAvoy and then Trouba/Brodie gives them just a bit more depth as I'm not a fan of Nick Leddy for the Avs. VEGAS

GOALIES: Matt Murray has won a cup, twice. Devan Dubnyk/Cam Talbot have not - I'd trust Murray much more in this scenario. VEGAS

VERDICT: VEGAS IN 6, they overall just are a bit more defensively prepared, better goaltending

:leafsvs:cbj

CENTRES: It's very close - Malkin and Tavares are a toss-up for me. I think the bottom six is similar. I have to go with TORONTO because the gap between Point and Toews exists now.

LEFT WING: I'm going with TORONTO again - I see Landeskog being a more adept playoff guy than DeBrincat, Pearson and Hintz are pretty close, bottom six is pretty close but I prefer Compher slightly to Dickinson.

RIGHT WING: Slight edge to COLUMBUS, I think Zucker is the best overall RW here but Johnsson on his off wing and Donskoi doesn't convince me as much as Gourde + a versatile Namestnikov do and Granlund isn't that far off from Zucker. It's tight though.

DEFENSE: Other than the pairings Toronto has made, which are bad, they have better depth here. Martinez/Boqvist I still think is a very average 2nd pair when Boqvist hasn't proven anything, Dahlin/Pesce and OEL/Schmidt (or better, Manson) would be quite even. Toronto having Gardiner and Niskanen to play with gives them better depth, although Djoos-Holl is a very serviceable 3rd pair. TORONTO

GOALIES: Holtby had his best work in round 3 vs Tampa Bay in 2018, have to go with COLUMBUS here even though Francouz had a great season.

VERDICT: Toronto in 6, both teams have C as their strength and Leafs have slightly better Cs, and their D just has more depth on it.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Addison Rae, Nucker101 and Makaveli like this.