Fantasy Mock Voting (Standings Posted #178)

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Before I reveal the rankings I'd like to ask for opinions on how to handle the Pacific/Central crossover. The Central has one less team which means calculating the average vote per division would be somewhat unfair. If none of the teams in the Central are getting an 8 seed vote, they should obviously have slightly lower averages. Would everyone be fine with having 4 playoff teams from each division instead of calculating the wild card for the West? Or maybe someone has a better suggestion for how to calculate this, maybe with weighted averages? I have a marketing degree not a math guy.

You can weight the points so that:
1st place = 8 points
7th place = 1 point

That’s generally been the safest way to calculate things when I’ve ran these.

EDIT - This is what Panda Bear said

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I had you 1st in the Atlantic, I thought you're team was one of the best. So far the comments on this thread have been really surprising.

For the Central, my top-3 was Colorado, St. Louis, and Nashville, although it seems that some people put Dallas 1st.
This is my top 3 in a different order

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Do we see the results at 5 or does voting open at 5? I'm really curious if I missed, I have the feeling from talking to some people that I'm ranked really high in some rankings and painfully low in others

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Nervous for my team. While I do believe we are a playoff team, there are lots of good teams in the Metro!

I feel like my rankings/evaluations were different than consensus lol. I found the Pacific/Atlantic to be tougher to rank, I thought both were slightly deeper than the other 2.

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
I feel like my rankings/evaluations were different than consensus lol. I found the Pacific/Atlantic to be tougher to rank, I thought both were slightly deeper than the other 2.
It’s gonna be all over the board, I’m very interested in the results. Some good teams won’t even make the playoffs.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It’s gonna be all over the board, I’m very interested in the results. Some good teams won’t even make the playoffs.
Probably. But if you truly had a top team then I think you should be able to make the top 3 in your division even if you think you're in a stronger division. It's not like we have 31 casual fans voting on these teams.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Probably. But if you truly had a top team then I think you should be able to make the top 3 in your division even if you think you're in a stronger division. It's not like we have 31 casual fans voting on these teams.
This is true too, they're really all over though it's crazy.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
They are disqualified from playoff contention

Would be a tad harsh, but I wouldn’t be opposed to this (if per se, Joey were to send these guys a reminder and were given 24 more hours to submit their choices and were still unable to comply). Something along those lines. If any of these guys have a good excuse however, then maybe exceptions can be made on a case by case basis. I don’t know....

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Would be a tad harsh, but I wouldn’t be opposed to this (if per se, Joey were to send these guys a reminder and were given 24 more hours to submit their choices and were still unable to comply). Something along those lines. If any of these guys have a good excuse however, then maybe exceptions can be made on a case by case basis. I don’t know....

oh i was kidding...yeah that is way too harsh lmao.

23 votes is really good anyways.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad