Fantasy Mock Voting (Standings Posted #178)

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
14 votes now, good work everyone.

Pacific and Metro seem like the tightest races for 3-4 seeds.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Done the West. Will probably finish the East later tonight as well since I won’t have much free time until then.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
My votes are in!

Best of luck everyone!

I will say this - these were my votes to get into the playoffs - matchups though will matter for me personally and just because I ranked a team 1st in the division doesn't mean I will vote you to the finals.
Matchups will be interesting. I think it'd be cool to have an opportunity to edit lineups to matchup specifically against playoff opponents.

I personally value how a roster is presented. If your bottom six is a hot mess, it'll work against you in the voting process IMO. Team depth matters.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
The playoff format should have been laid out a long time ago and since it wasn’t we should all get a vote on how we want it to play out.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The playoff format should have been laid out a long time ago and since it wasn’t we should all get a vote on how we want it to play out.
The format for voting is irrelevant because the goal was to try to build a team that wins this year. That's all anyone needed to know to draft their teams. I asked for people's opinions on how we should do voting and it was all over the map. I also did mention in the original post that there will be a vote to determine playoff teams and playoff rounds.

The only consensus opinion seemed to be to keep the voting internally rather than through polls.

Reactions: Panda Bear

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The format for voting is irrelevant because the goal was to try to build a team that wins this year. That's all anyone needed to know to draft their teams. I asked for people's opinions on how we should do voting and it was all over the map. I also did mention in the original post that there will be a vote to determine playoff teams and playoff rounds.

The only consensus opinion seemed to be to keep the voting internally rather than through polls.

I think playoff votes will be pretty tight, a larger sample size(public polling) makes more sense for playoffs but I’m fine with whatever you decide.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester

19461B42-4245-46B3-BB26-61C027551BBE.png

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I haven't decided how the actual playoff rounds will be voted on yet. If people really want to debate their teams I think that is more relevant to do internally. Most people voting in the polls section are just going to look at the rosters and vote rather than looking at the comments. Of course we also get more votes through polls which is the benefit.

@BumDum made a good suggestion that teams would be listed as A or B rather than say "LA vs. Tampa."

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018

How is it irrelevant? We all put a lot of time into this thing and after Panda bear posted his charts some teams were basically cast off. I couldn’t give 2 s**** about those charts, they have nothing to do with goaltending, heart, intimidation, skill or effort.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
How is it irrelevant? We all put a lot of time into this thing and after Panda bear posted his charts some teams were basically cast off. I couldn’t give 2 s**** about those charts, they have nothing to do with goaltending, heart, intimidation, skill or effort.

I don't think you should worry about Panda's charts. They impacted nobody's decision but his own.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Well I can tell you based on the votes I've received Panda Bear is the only one who voted with those charts in mind.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

they also dont factor in a new fictional reality where anything is possible

ok...seriously though those stats are based on actual events and team play. It doesnt really factor into a game of totally new teams at all IMO.

When I look at some of the teams in the list it makes even less sense.

....not that theres anything wrong with that.

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
I still have no clue what Panda's charts mean :laugh:

As for playoffs, I like the potential debating of matchups. I also like polls and getting outside opinions. However, I am 100% behind the team A vs team B if we do go with polls. It'd be sweet if we could do both in some way but I have no idea how that would work...

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Yeah, I think people are too paranoid about Panda’s charts lol. They’re interesting to look at but even Panda himself said he’s only using them as a reference. I assume most people are just voting based on which teams they personally like/dislike
Ok, I get that. But you’d be paranoid too if your team was last all the time...for everyone to see.

Reactions: Gibby

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Welp....

Here is what I did....

I am not proud.

BNL votes 2020

This is actually quite difficult. I could spend hours trying to justify this but I dont have time for that crap.

the Pacif

1 Vegas (A top end one two center punch, dicey on the wings but a top end defense group)
2 Edmonton (Not a huge fan of the wings....but I do like the defense....and they have Crosby and Price)
3 SJ (Kadri? wtf? I do like the wingers though....and I think the D group s underrated)
4 LA (pretty close to going with Anaheim, Markstrom)
5 Anaheim (Luke Kunin....I dont know who you are.....I feel shame. This team is probably awesome)
6 Arizona (Not a gaudreau fan, or a fan of the centers. The wings are good though. The D and Quick dont really help me)
7 Calgary (Nostrils has a good line...after that Im a little worried....basically all the way down to Kuemper)
8 Vancouver (This roster is probably much better than it looks.....but it looks like shit). Almost as confusing as my team)

Central

1 Dallas (Actually this team is really solid. Well done...whoever you are)
2 .Chicago (Gusev and Labanc.....this cant be right...*checks the rest of the division* ....oh) <----that D tho
3 Winnpeg (Defensively seems like a horse of a team at first glance.....at second glance TJ plays LW?)
4 Colorado (McDavid)
5 St Louis (I wanted Necas, and Kempe, and Parayko....amd Couts....just some solid players here....)
6 Nashville (a lot of guys that I wouldnt want in my top 9.....but who the f*** am I to say?)
7 Minnesota (James Neal)

Metro

1 Columbus (Solid until Namestnikov and Boqvist for me....which is pretty good. But this division....kill me now.)
2 New Jersey (well balanced....albeit young....another solid top 6)
3 Carolina (this team seems pretty filthy but I dont know some of these guys that well)
4 NYI (Well balanced for me....I had to come back around)
5 Philadelphia (equal parts solid and dicey....its was Weal.....and marleau....and Edler)
6 Washington (honestly Sweden would destroy the NHL....they jus know how to team) <-- may have been bumped up to 5??
7 NYR (what do you want from me??!? The defence is wrecking me)
8 Pittsburgh (I failed the Metro)

Atlantic

1 Tampa (so smooth)
2 Detroit (pumping my tires)
3 Florida (I had to think on this one...I had to work to justify Perry on the 1st line...pretty high end core)
4 Buffalo (A solid team with high end goaltending....not much star power....)
5 Montreal (its a toss up between Montreal and Toronto but I went with Bob....and with Giordano. Trophy winners)
6 Toronto (Solidly deep....lacking a superstar IMO)
7 Boston (I dont know. Im really not a big fan of the wings or the defense....its hard to tell though)
8 Ottawa (not really big on the RS defence or centers....I tried to not vote Ottawa last)

Apologies for mistakes/typos....or if I trashed your team.

:popcorn:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Ok, I get that. But you’d be paranoid too if your team was last all the time...for everyone to see.
I guess. Personally I’m mostly rating teams based on my own player rankings list, it seems like the most logical way to do it. Then I factor in their actual lines and how a coach would deploy their forward lines and d pairings. I’m not letting the sales pitches or panda scores influence my voting but that’s just me lol. Plus there’s nothing personal that way, just completely unbiased.

Reactions: Messrules11

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Welp....

Here is what I did....

I am not proud.

BNL votes 2020

This is actually quite difficult. I could spend hours trying to justify this but I dont have time for that crap.

the Pacif

1 Vegas (A top end one two center punch, dicey on the wings but a top end defense group)
2 Edmonton (Not a huge fan of the wings....but I do like the defense....and they have Crosby and Price)
3 SJ (Kadri? wtf? I do like the wingers though....and I think the D group s underrated)
4 LA (pretty close to going with Anaheim, Markstrom)
5 Anaheim (Luke Kunin....I dont know who you are.....I feel shame. This team is probably awesome)
6 Arizona (Not a gaudreau fan, or a fan of the centers. The wings are good though. The D and Quick dont really help me)
7 Calgary (Nostrils has a good line...after that Im a little worried....basically all the way down to Kuemper)
8 Vancouver (This roster is probably much better than it looks.....but it looks like shit). Almost as confusing as my team)

Central

1 Dallas (Actually this team is really solid. Well done...whoever you are)
2 .Chicago (Gusev and Labanc.....this cant be right...*checks the rest of the division* ....oh) <----that D tho
3 Winnpeg (Defensively seems like a horse of a team at first glance.....at second glance TJ plays LW?)
4 Colorado (McDavid)
5 St Louis (I wanted Necas, and Kempe, and Parayko....amd Couts....just some solid players here....)
6 Nashville (a lot of guys that I wouldnt want in my top 9.....but who the f*** am I to say?)
7 Minnesota (James Neal)

Metro

1 Columbus (Solid until Namestnikov and Boqvist for me....which is pretty good. But this division....kill me now.)
2 New Jersey (well balanced....albeit young....another solid top 6)
3 Carolina (this team seems pretty filthy but I dont know some of these guys that well)
4 NYI (Well balanced for me....I had to come back around)
5 Philadelphia (equal parts solid and dicey....its was Weal.....and marleau....and Edler)
6 Washington (honestly Sweden would destroy the NHL....they jus know how to team) <-- may have been bumped up to 5??
7 NYR (what do you want from me??!? The defence is wrecking me)
8 Pittsburgh (I failed the Metro)

Atlantic

1 Tampa (so smooth)
2 Detroit (pumping my tires)
3 Florida (I had to think on this one...I had to work to justify Perry on the 1st line...pretty high end core)
4 Buffalo (A solid team with high end goaltending....not much star power....)
5 Montreal (its a toss up between Montreal and Toronto but I went with Bob....and with Giordano. Trophy winners)
6 Toronto (Solidly deep....lacking a superstar IMO)
7 Boston (I dont know. Im really not a big fan of the wings or the defense....its hard to tell though)
8 Ottawa (not really big on the RS defence or centers....I tried to not vote Ottawa last)

Apologies for mistakes/typos....or if I trashed your team.

:popcorn:
lol

Reactions: Hughes4Norris

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
PandaScore is just a summary of how good a player is at keeping possession, getting more dangerous chances, and outscoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad