Fantasy Mock Draft Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
1st Line - I wanted a first like that could do it all. Put Backstrom with a couple of shooters both wingers have 26 and 27 goals respectively. Strong 2 way presence as well. ~19 minutes a night, all situations.

2nd Line - Didn’t turn out the way I wanted. We all know what Kadri brings and I feel that White is more like the 41 point player he was last year than the 23 point player this year. Kaako had a poor year, but showed that he has potential to be great. ~16 minutes a night, soft matchups.

3rd Line - Standard checking line. Soderburg and Fast can still put the puck in the net and Cogliano/Fast are both good at applying pressure and moving the puck up the ice. ~15 minutes a night, hard matchups.

4th Line - Standard energy line. Larsson will get some PK time to up his minutes. Hoping Khaira and Rodrigues can have bounce back years with well defined roles. ~10 minutes a night, all situations.

1st Pairing - Wanted to go for the classic offencive plus defencive pairing. Feel these two would have instant chemistry and with Carlson’s 75 points this season he is leading the charge on the offence. Lindell is a horse that will take on the toughest match ups every night. ~23 minutes a night, all situations.

2nd Pairing - A little like the first pairing with Chychrun being the two way guy and Myers doing what he does best moving the puck. I feel like with less pressure and a reduced role Myers would really perform well. Chychrun would likely get more minutes playing on the PK and moving Jensen/Hainsey up later in the game to help defend leads. ~20 minutes a night, all situations.

3rd Pair - For the last pairing I wanted a couple of guys who would play a simple game. These two do that. Both have played up the line up so bottom pairing minutes should be a breeze. ~17 minutes a night, all situations.

Goalie Tandem - Having two guys that can win you games is huge in today’s NHL. You want your starter fresh for the playoffs and also you want to win those back to backs to make the playoffs. These two guys will make sure my team is in it every night where some of these back ups are an automatic loss. Lehner 47 starts, Murray 35 starts.

Overall my team will win a lot of games 2-1, 1-0.
Yeah I think my team is similar, won’t score a lot of goals but they’ll be very hard to play against. Definitely built for playoff hockey.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
:bolts

Chris Kreider - Mika Zibanejad - Mark Stone
Nick Foligno - David Krejci - Tyler Toffoli
Warren Foegele - Derek Ryan - Dominik Kahun
Marcus Sorenson - Cody Glass - Kyle Okposo

Oscar Klefbom - Shea Weber
Brenden Dillon - Filip Hronek
Christian Djoos - Justin Holl

Antti Raanta
Linus Ullmark

Cap Hit: 73.493m
Cap Space: 6.007m
Salary Cap: 79.500m

Really feel that this team has no holes. Tell me how it is friends. Good? Bad? Changes?​

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Comeau and Hathaway were both players I looked at for 4RW. Comeau is so reliable defensively while Hathaway has improved his overall game to go along with his physicality.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010

Antti Raanta
Linus Ullmark

Really feel that this team has no holes. Tell me how it is friends. Good? Bad? Changes?​
I haven't had a chance to update the PandaScores, but it's a top five team.

Reactions: m0pe

OB5

May 2, 2015

Antti Raanta
Linus Ullmark

Your top six is pretty phenomenal

Reactions: m0pe

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Antti Raanta
Linus Ullmark

I like your top 6 a lot. I really don’t like your bottom 6. One thing I’d do is switch Glass and Ryan. I also wouldn’t have drafted Sorenson as he’s one of the worst players in the NHL. Other than that though I like it.

OB5

May 2, 2015
:habs
Jake DeBrusk-Evgeny Kuznetsov-David Pastrnak
Tyler Johnson-Vincent Trocheck-Kasperi Kapanen
Ryan Donato-Filip Chytil-Paul Byron
Jordan Martinook-Chandler Stephenson-Jordan Weal

Oliver Ekman-Larsson-Jeff Petry
Joel Edmundson-Rasmus Andersson
Oliver Kylington-Trevor van Riemsdyk

Jacob Markstrom
Jack Campbell

How’d I do?

Reactions: FanofBadHockeyTeam

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Alright boys, let's hear it.
:flyers

Jonathan Huberdeau - Sebastian Aho - Alex Tuch
Jonathan Drouin - Bo Horvat - Phil Kessel
Ivan Barbashev - Pavel Zacha - Michael Frolik
Matt Martin - Pierre-Eduoard Bellemarre - Garnet Hathaway

Duncan Keith - Nate Schmidt
Vladislav Gavrikov - Rasmus Ristolainen
Danny DeKeyser - Madison Bowey

Juuse Saros/Elvis Merzlikins

Total Cap = $76,916,587
Cap Space = $2,583,413

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
I like your top 6 a lot. I really don’t like your bottom 6. One thing I’d do is switch Glass and Ryan. I also wouldn’t have drafted Sorenson as he’s one of the worst players in the NHL. Other than that though I like it.

Fair enough. Yeah my logic was Ryan was clearly the better player right now and wanted to give that 3rd line and him some decent minutes, but I could see that way working out too.

Sorenson I haven't watched much and was solely going off that he had some decent offense last year and was under the impression he was decent defensively. You would know better though.

Appreciate the feedback.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I'm excited to sic my fourth line on your fourth lines for feasting.

Paul - Cousins - C. Wilson is a line of players who can be complementary players as high as the second line (and historically first for C. Wilson) without being out of place. You look at their production this season (or last for C. Wilson), and it's glorious for me.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020

Jacob Markstrom
Jack Campbell

How’d I do?

Not a huge fan of that middle-6, but your top line can be electric and I really like the 4th line.

Defense I am iffy on. Like last game, your right side is very strong. The left side is decent too but I am not that high on Edmundson and Kylington in those roles and not crazy high on OEL either.

Great goaltending too though.

Overall I like it more than your last draft,

Reactions: OB5

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I’m planning to go into detail on livestream on every single team
What’s the best time people can come watch

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Fair enough. Yeah my logic was Ryan was clearly the better player right now and wanted to give that 3rd line and him some decent minutes, but I could see that way working out too.

Sorenson I haven't watched much and was solely going off that he had some decent offense last year and was under the impression he was decent defensively. You would know better though.

Appreciate the feedback.
People talk about Labanc being the weak piece on the Sharks third line but really it’s Labanc and Jumbo doing all the work while Sorenson sits there.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Not a huge fan of that middle-6, but your top line can be electric and I really like the 4th line.

Defense I am iffy on. Like last game, your right side is very strong. The left side is decent too but I am not that high on Edmundson and Kylington in those roles and not crazy high on OEL either.

Great goaltending too though.

Overall I like it more than your last draft,
I definitely like this team much better than the last one.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Jacob Markstrom
Jack Campbell

How’d I do?

That top line is nasty, one of the best IMO. Also nice balance overall on your defense and goaltending is top notch. I'm undecided on your middle 6, seems ok. 4th line is real solid though. Overall I like it.

Reactions: OB5

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Hindsight Draft (Pick 31)

Killorn (7) - Backstrom (1) - R. Smith (6)
Saad (8) - Seguin (2) - C. Smith (9)
Wood (14) - Soderburg (10) - Fast (13)
Khaira (19) - Larsson (15) - Hathaway (20)

Lindell (3) - Trouba (4)
Chychrun (5) - Stralman (12)
Hainsey (17) - Jensen (16)

Murray (11)
Miller (18)

Biggest mistake of the draft was going goalie to early (again). Though I do love Lehner as a starter it hurt my wing depth. I think Carlson is the better player than Seguin, but with Trouba there for my 4th pick I’ll make that swap as Trouba fits my defence first structure better. Also, I didn’t expect to see Stralman drop that far I really like him as a 4th defenceman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad