Fantasy Mock Draft Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
I thought my 2nd pair was the problem oops

@hockeynorth

Pairing 1: This is where I start to worry with this team. I just don't know about the fit here. These are two offensive first guys who need to be a little sheltered with offensive zone starts. As a whole I'm pretty concerned if I have to shelter my top pairing. C+
Pairing 2:
I think you did well in getting a decent shutdown pairing here, I just think hypothetically this is the pairing you would be forced to play against top competition and I don't believe they could handle that. Would have to take a ton of PK minutes as well. Good pairing, but the inability of the 1st pairing to log the tougher minutes hurts them. B+
Pairing 3: It's fine for a bottom pairing. They would have to be sheltered as well though and I think it really just comes down to you don't have a good enough top pairing to be able to live with okay 2nd and 3rd pairings. B

Not from me :)

Reactions: hockeynorth

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Team "High Octane" is complete!

Screenshot_20200524-111459~2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200524-111459.png
    Screenshot_20200524-111459.png
    228.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: OB5

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Hindsight Draft (Pick 31)

Killorn (7) - Backstrom (1) - R. Smith (6)
Saad (8) - Seguin (2) - C. Smith (9)
Wood (14) - Soderburg (10) - Fast (13)
Khaira (19) - Larsson (15) - Hathaway (20)

Lindell (3) - Trouba (4)
Chychrun (5) - Stralman (12)
Hainsey (17) - Jensen (16)

Murray (11)
Miller (18)

Biggest mistake of the draft was going goalie to early (again). Though I do love Lehner as a starter it hurt my wing depth. I think Carlson is the better player than Seguin, but with Trouba there for my 4th pick I’ll make that swap as Trouba fits my defence first structure better. Also, I didn’t expect to see Stralman drop that far I really like him as a 4th defenceman
Hindsight draft (Pick 29):

Bertuzzi (6) - Barzal (1) - Meier (5)
Sanford (12) - Toews (2) - D. Brown (9)
Wood (13) - Little (10) - Grimaldi (14)
Khaira (19) - Paquette (16) - Hathaway (20)

Morrissey (3) - Tanev (7)
McDonagh (4) - Larsson (8)
C. Jones (17) - Johns (15)

Crawford (11)
Driedger (18)

This would've been my hindsight draft, mostly guys I thought would slip lol. I'd have lost scoring punch but seems really well rounded.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
:rangers

Oskar Lindblom - Phillip Danault - Evgenii Dadonov
Josh Leivo - Joe Pavelski - Nino Niederreiter
Richard Panik - Jack Studnicka - Dominik Simon
Colin Blackwell - David Backes - Karson Kuhlman

Victor Hedman - Kris Letang
Ryan Suter - Erik Gustafsson
Brett Kulak - Jon Merrill

Ben Bishop
Philipp Grubauer

Cap Hit: 68.727M

My comment on my team? It was an experiment and it ended up alright, could be much better up front.

Reactions: FanofBadHockeyTeam

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
:rangers

Oskar Lindblom - Phillip Danault - Evgenii Dadonov
Josh Leivo - Joe Pavelski - Nino Niederreiter
Richard Panik - Jack Studnicka - Dominik Simon
Colin Blackwell - David Backes - Karson Kuhlman

Victor Hedman - Kris Letang
Ryan Suter - Erik Gustafsson
Brett Kulak - Jon Merrill

Ben Bishop
Philipp Grubauer

Cap Hit: 68.727M

My comment on my team? It was an experiment and it ended up alright, could be much better up front.

I think the strategy was actually decent, you just had to draft perfectly after your top 4 and I think you made a few mistakes.

Gustafsson was a mistake. Lots of better defensemen out there at that point if you didn't want to go forward. Hamonic is a lot better.

Grubauer was also a definite mistake for this team. You needed the offensive depth badly, not to grab a second goalie that won't positively affect voting for you at all. Throw a guy like Kovalchuk (as flawed as he is) or a center like Faksa/Patrick and I think the team looks better. Otherwise it's a fun strategy and you didn't do too bad.

Reactions: Paralyzer008

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Needed a right shot center with a cap hit over 1.5 and decent PK'er.. sniped in the 20th round with Nash. Feels bad.

Reactions: Nucker101

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I think the strategy was actually decent, you just had to draft perfectly after your top 4 and I think you made a few mistakes.

Gustafsson was a mistake. Lots of better defensemen out there at that point if you didn't want to go forward. Hamonic is a lot better.

Grubauer was also a definite mistake for this team. You needed the offensive depth badly, not to grab a second goalie that won't positively affect voting for you at all. Throw a guy like Kovalchuk (as flawed as he is) or a center like Faksa/Patrick and I think the team looks better. Otherwise it's a fun strategy and you didn't do too bad.

I'm really not a fan of Hamonic at all to be honest, but I get what you mean, a more steady defensive D-man would have been nice.

I wouldn't have taken Kovalchuk but I could have grabbed Bozak with that pick instead of Grubauer, I certainly was just trying to start a goalie run for fun more than taking a pick that would have helped my strategy.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
I'm really not a fan of Hamonic at all to be honest, but I get what you mean, a more steady defensive D-man would have been nice.

I wouldn't have taken Kovalchuk but I could have grabbed Bozak with that pick instead of Grubauer, I certainly was just trying to start a goalie run for fun more than taking a pick that would have helped my strategy.

All fair, the premise just stands that when you're going for a strategy that is so out there, you have to nail every pick. And I think you came pretty close outside of those few mistakes.

Reactions: Paralyzer008

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:nashville

FINAL ROSTER

Ondrej Palat - Matthew Barzal - Travis Konecny
Anthony Beauvillier - Mikael Backlund - Ryan Dzingel
Carl Hagelin - Nick Bonino - Corey Perry
Robby Fabbri - Mitchel Stephens - Loui Eriksson

Quinn Hughes - Chris Tanev
Mattias Ekholm - Adam Boqvist
Jonas Siegenthaler - Zach Bogosian

Marc-Andre Fleury
Alex Stalock

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Hey guys,

I want to ask this in good faith because I’m at a loss: Semyon Varlamov vs. Pavel Francouz. Who would be your starter?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I'm not sure it makes too much of a difference, but for me I prefer the proven Varlamov. It could go either way though.

That’s the way I’m leaning as well, but Francouz REALLY killed it during his 30 game stretch with the Avs this season and was also killing it over in Europe. Francouz is also no spring chicken being 29 years of age. Is 30 games of dominance a large enough sample size?

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
That’s the way I’m leaning as well, but Francouz REALLY killed it during his 30 game stretch with the Avs this season and was also killing it over in Europe. Francouz is also no spring chicken being 29 years of age. Is 30 games of dominance a large enough sample size?

....yes

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I don't think listing one goalie above the other is going to give you votes. They're capable of splitting games.

Reactions: Nucker101

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hey guys,

I want to ask this in good faith because I’m at a loss: Semyon Varlamov vs. Pavel Francouz. Who would be your starter?
They'd be a tandem so it doesn't really matter IMO. People who don't know who Francouz is wouldn't give you props for having him in either role.

Personally I'd run Varlamov as your starter simply because he's the only guy there who has > half a season at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad