Bobby Ryan - Dylan Strome - James Neal
Max Jones - Jason Spezza - Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Josh Morrissey - Seth Jones
Devon Toews - MacKenzie Weegar
Marc Staal - Stephen Johns

Corey Crawford
James Reimer

With a cap hit of: $ 72,943,690.00

I'll do a write up tomorrow because it's really late for me now and I'm logging off, but I'd love to hear peoples thoughts on this team. I'm extremely pleased with how this team came out! Seems super improved on my team from last time. Thanks for a great draft guys! Also suggestions would be really appreciated. I think I tanked my PandaScore with some of my last few picks mind you, but they're all guys I like for a change, especially L4.
Line 1 is fine, but Labanc's defensive game is pretty bad for a first line player. Kopitar's ability to cycle and work behind the net is perfect with Gallagher.

Line 2 is fine. Hayes is great at holding on to the puck, makes good decisions, and goes to net. Bratt has good hands and creativity. Thank god Hynes is gone. Atkinson is a good volume shooter. Line would work.

Third line pairs broken down forwards with a centre whose defensive game--while improving--isn't particularly good. Strome covers the slot well at least.

Fourth line is irrelevant for you, but Spezza and Aube-K could have the occasional nice play together.

First pairing great.

Second pairing is good.

Third pairing is physical, could be fine, but vulnerable to speed and agility.

Crawford is a fine goalie, but he's a second-third tier tweener.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
@NeoCanuck

Joonas Donskoi (3.90M) - Aleksander Barkov (5.90M) - Mike Hoffman (5.187M)
Jonathan Marchessault (5.00M) - Brayden Schenn (5.125M) - Joe Thornton (2.00M)
Nick Bjugstad (4.1M) - Lars Eller (3.50M) - Brett Connolly (3.50M)
William Carrier - Tomas Nosek - Ryan Reaves

-------

Hoffman-Barkov-Donskoi
Marchessault-Eller-Schenn
Bjugstad-Thornton-Connolly

Thornton can't be a winger, and he needs softer competition now. This leaves you with Eller being up too high or Thornton too low on the fourth. May as well let Eller be the most F3 possible and let Schenn off the hook to be a wrecking ball winger with Marchessault providing more finesse. This lets your third line, which is full of big players who aren't too fast, eat easy minutes where Thornton provides the puck for linemates who always want to shoot.

Also, Donskoi is primarily a right winger while Hoffman can play either side.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
@BumDum

Pavel Buchnevich-Evgeni Malkin-Andrei Svechnikov
Alex Galchenyuk-Tomas Hertl-Viktor Arvidsson
Brendan Lemieux- Tyson Jost-Marcus Johansson
Autson Watson-Denis Malgin-XXX

--------

Johansson-Hertl-Arvidsson
Lemieux-Jost-Watson
Galchenyuk-Malgin-x

Galchenyuk has been sucking a lot recently and can't play against anyone decent. Johansson's a left winger or a centre, so he bumps Galchenyuk. I know Watson is a left winger, but he's right handed, so too bad for him.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
@OB5 switch Chytil and Johnson, make your third a softer minutes line. Chytil isn't ready for second-line level of competition, while Johnson can and has been playing wing a lot this season.

Reactions: OB5

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I probably should have taken Mike Green instead of Evan Bouchard, but fun is fun, right?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Jenner-Lowry-Ferland > Lowry is better at centre, Jenner is better as a winger (which is what he played during his 30 goal season)
McGinn-Paquette-Clutterbuck > McGinn and Clutterbuck were on wrong wings

No matter what you do, your second pairing is going to have a weak link. All of Fabbro, Ferraro and Coburn played sheltered minutes this season, and all of them lost the dangerous scoring chances battle.
Ferraro definitely didn’t play sheltered minutes. Maybe at the beginning but by the end he was definitely not.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Ferraro definitely didn’t play sheltered minutes. Maybe at the beginning but by the end he was definitely not.
From what I've seen, read and researched, he's the shiny new toy for Sharks fans and is currently overrated. I apologize for the bluntness. As an Oilers fan, I'm used to doing the same thing with rookies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Koivu and Steen have slowed down, but they're at this interesting phase where they struggle more against grinders than they do skill players.

Your top six is nice.

Greenway-Koivu-Steen could be used to check second lines.

Bjork-Sissons-Baertschi can handle the softer minutes.
That's a good idea. That's what I'll go with.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
From what I've seen, read and researched, he's the shiny new toy for Sharks fans and is currently overrated. I apologize for the bluntness. As an Oilers fan, I'm used to doing the same thing with rookies.
It’s not overrated. He had been easily the Sharks fourth best D this season, arguably second. Once Dillon was traded, easily third.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I'm not going to do it, but could you technically take Johan Franzen and throw him on line 4?

Hasn't played in four years but you know you want that veteran presence.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
It’s not overrated. He had been easily the Sharks fourth best D this season, arguably second. Once Dillon was traded, easily third.
And yet by season's end, I can look at his analytics across different sites and see that he played well below league average against elite/top-six players. And if he were fourth best on a Sharks defence that was below league average in both actual goals against and xGoals against (which doesn't value goalies, so Jones isn't an argument here), that would put him as a below average fourth defencemen or as a good fifth, right?

Mario Ferraro
61 GP, 2G, 9A, 11 pts
Grade: B+

Ferraro’s greatest accomplishment this season was remaining on the NHL roster for the duration. Still, he seemed to wear down a bit in the second half and on a different team he might have been getting some games in at the AHL level. The organization will have to decide whether it prefers Ferraro on his natural left side or on the right, where he struggled a bit in January and February before getting hurt.

Ferraro’s skating is NHL quality, though he’ll need to be more physical in the years ahead. The area he’ll need to grow the most, decision making, should come. At just 21, he has an NHL future. But it’d be a stretch to suggest he’ll be more than a second pairing defender at any point, and that may be generous.
For now, he’s a third pair defender in search of a partner. The Sharks would have been a better team this season with less of Ferraro. Still, the investment made in Ferraro during 2019-20 may be one of the few which offers an outsized return in seasons to come.

The main argument, after all, is whether he would be able to handle second pairing duties on an a playoff team this spring. I would wager it to be "barely."

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Final Roster

Anaheim Ducks

Anthony Mantha (3.3m) - Tyler Seguin (9.85m) - Mikko Rantanen(9.25m)
Gustav Nyquist (5.5m) - Nick Suzuki (0.86m) -Ilja Kovalchuk (.07)
Michael Grabner (3.35m)- Bryan Little (5.29m) - Brandon Sutter (4.37m)
Max Comtois (.8m) - Gabriel Vilardi (0.9m) - Martin Frk (0.7m)

Nick Leddy (5.5m)- John Klingberg (4.25m)​
Ben Hutton (1.5m) - Anton Stralman (5.5m)
Keith Yandle (6.35m) - Troy Stecher (2.32m)
Jordan Binnington (4.4m)
Carter Hutton (2.75m)

Salary Cap: $79.5m
Cap Spent: $77.64m

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
:coyotes

Kyle Connor - Mark Scheifele - Bryan Rust
Max Pacioretty - Charlie Coyle - Craig Smith
Scott Laughton - JT Compher - Frank Vatrano
Aleksi Saarela - Derek Grant - Ryan Hartman

Marc Edouard Vlasic - Aaron Ekblad
Adam Pelech - Ryan Pulock
Caleb Jones - Erik Gudbranson

Mikko Koskinen
Jonathan Bernier

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Kesler is a piece of shit--not just as a hockey player, but as a human being.

That’s not true at all and I’m actually offended by this post. Hate Kesler all you want as a player (he could play dirty), but Kesler is nothing but class off of the ice with his charity work, etc. He was also a popular teammate off the ice in both Vancouver and Anaheim. Kesler did screw over Vancouver by making a trade ultimatum (and limiting his wishlist to two cities which greatly handicapped Benning at the time), but Kesler has also stated that he regrets handling it the way that he did. Kesler was an absolute playoff warrior for us and almost always gave it his all for himself, his teammates, and his organization. Sorry Panda, but I’m really disappointed by this post of yours.

Reactions: Gecklund

OB5

May 2, 2015
@OB5 switch Chytil and Johnson, make your third a softer minutes line. Chytil isn't ready for second-line level of competition, while Johnson can and has been playing wing a lot this season.
I might do this. Not because you told me to but because I want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad