Calle Järnkrok
- Sean Kuraly - Barclay Goodrow
Patrick Maroon - Noel Acciari - Blake Comeau

Jaccob Slavin - Brett Pesce
Matt Grzelcyk - P.K. Subban
Rasmus Sandin - Johnny Boychuk

Frederik Andersen
Anders Nilsson

Any feedback and line up suggestions is appreciated!

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
JvR - W. Karlsson - N. Kucherov
Z. Sanford - M. Duchene - T. Meier
J. Farabee - Y. Gourde - J. Dickinson
P. Engvall - O.Sundqvist - T. Moore

C. Fowler - D. Doughty
V. Dunn - S. Mayfield
C. Gunnarsson - R. Bortuzzo

D. Kuemper
X

What yall think. Should have taken Nate Schmidt over Fowler but apart from that thats a great team imo. 15th was the worst spot for the center hoarding.

Doing my first covid lineup to buy shit. Awful.

OB5

May 2, 2015

C. Fowler - D. Doughty
V. Dunn - S. Mayfield

D. Kuemper
X

What yall think. Should have taken Nate Schmidt over Fowler but apart from that thats a great team imo. 15th was the worst spot for the center hoarding.

Doughty-Dunn-Mayfield is very solid. Yeah would have been electric with Schmidt. I wonder if there is a way to get Kuch-Meier together because I’d love to see that combo.

Reactions: Kent Nilsson

OB5

May 2, 2015
:leafs
Zach Hyman - Ryan O'Reilly - Alexander Radulov
Anthony Duclair - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Luke Kunin

Calle Järnkrok

Frederik Andersen
Anders Nilsson

ROR-Radulov is dope. Not sure if I love Kunin on that second line but you don’t have many options so I guess it’s fine. Top D pair is elite. Is Grz good enough to cover for PK?

Reactions: Makaveli

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Kevin Labanc - Anze Kopitar - Brendan Gallagher
Jesper Bratt - Kevin Hayes - Cam Atkinson
Bobby Ryan - Dylan Strome - James Neal
Max Jones - Jason Spezza - Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Josh Morrissey - Seth Jones
Devon Toews - MacKenzie Weegar
Marc Staal - Stephen Johns

Corey Crawford
James Reimer

Overall I hoped the steadiness of my blueline would offset for the relatively offence minded forward corps I had. With this in mind, several of my forwards are still pretty good not the defensive side of the puck.

L1: This line would likely face the heaviest competition, and having two amazing defensive players in Kopitar and Gallagher with Labanc I feel would work. He's played L1 in San Jose, and he has the hockey IQ to adapt for this line.
L2: Here's three pieces I think could fit great, all while not needing to be sheltered. Bratts creative, Hayes is decent both ways and Atkinson can sling a puck, feel pretty good about this. Strome can slide up and Hayes down if needed.
L3: I intended for this line to play more sheltered minutes behind the other two and be able to still produce great numbers at the same time. Neal is a great triggerman to Stromes passing ability and Ryan adds that little bit more offensive punch. They will be relied upon in offensive minutes.
L4: Two young, relatively physical players playing with a great vet in Spezzas who's shown he can still produce. I don't expect this line to be a liability whatsoever and Aube-Kubel/Spezza can both slide up if needed. Should beat other teams on the forecheck while being able to break up the cycle.

D1: Two really steady D who can move the puck and defend. Morrissey is young but he's really coming into his own and showing he can play, and Jones reputation speaks for itself.
D2: This pair does lack name value however both D had fantastic years this year and I thought it'd be another solid pair at both ends of the ice, and I wanted my top 4 to be overall solid.
D3: Johns can slide up the lineup if needed and Staal would be much less relied upon here so he can take less minutes to keep him fresh. This is a BIG pairing.

G: Crawford had a .917 on a pretty bad team, and Reimer is a quality platoon option if my coach wanted to take games off of Crawford to keep him fresh too, though I plan on being able to run with Crawford. Crawford has proven he can win.

We announce Sheldon Keefe as head coach with Bruce Boudreau and Paul McFarland as assistants of this offensive minded forward corps, and 2 way oriented defence unit.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
:leafs
Zach Hyman - Ryan O'Reilly - Alexander Radulov
Anthony Duclair - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Luke Kunin

Calle Järnkrok

Frederik Andersen
Anders Nilsson

I still love your L1 you know that. Your L2 looks like a mix and match of parts but I think that's two guys who can help Kunin though it is a little odd. L3 is a pain to play against and L4 seems decent. Overall I feel your forwards are unspectacular yet effective. Lots like @m0pe swede forward corps last game IMO.

Your first pairs obviously legit though I think you could've done better. D2 if PK bounces back is pretty good but if not really isn't. I like Sandin but not Boychuk on D3, seems strange to me.

Your goalies are very solid and Nilsson would be Freddys best backup in Toronto yet.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

C. Fowler - D. Doughty
V. Dunn - S. Mayfield

D. Kuemper
X

I like L1, I love Karlsson. I think flipping Sanford and JVR gives that line a different element but then L2 would be a liability a bit so not sure. I like L2 right now especially Meier. L3 I didn't know Gourde was a C, but seems fine if he is. I really like L4. D1 is pretty good, D2 is inexperienced but decent, D3 is a real pair so no complaints and Kuemper is legit. I'd just be curious how flipping Sanford and JVR would turn out.

Reactions: Kent Nilsson

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
ROR-Radulov is dope. Not sure if I love Kunin on that second line but you don’t have many options so I guess it’s fine. Top D pair is elite. Is Grz good enough to cover for PK?
No, but Gryz is a great PP QB. So much so that some fans on the Bruins Board (NOT ME) think he could replace Krug and with enough time could be just as good.

EDIT. I AM AN IDIOT

When I saw PK I immediately thought Penalty Kill.

Now that I know it is Subban, the answer is even more no. Both of the those guys are offensive. Gryz is small and a good defender but no way can he cover for Subban

Reactions: OB5 and Makaveli

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Kevin Labanc - Anze Kopitar - Brendan Gallagher
Jesper Bratt - Kevin Hayes - Cam Atkinson
Bobby Ryan - Dylan Strome - James Neal
Max Jones - Jason Spezza - Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Josh Morrissey - Seth Jones
Devon Toews - MacKenzie Weegar
Marc Staal - Stephen Johns

Corey Crawford
James Reimer

Overall I hoped the steadiness of my blueline would offset for the relatively offence minded forward corps I had. With this in mind, several of my forwards are still pretty good not the defensive side of the puck.

L1: This line would likely face the heaviest competition, and having two amazing defensive players in Kopitar and Gallagher with Labanc I feel would work. He's played L1 in San Jose, and he has the hockey IQ to adapt for this line.
L2: Here's three pieces I think could fit great, all while not needing to be sheltered. Bratts creative, Hayes is decent both ways and Atkinson can sling a puck, feel pretty good about this. Strome can slide up and Hayes down if needed.
L3: I intended for this line to play more sheltered minutes behind the other two and be able to still produce great numbers at the same time. Neal is a great triggerman to Stromes passing ability and Ryan adds that little bit more offensive punch. They will be relied upon in offensive minutes.
L4: Two young, relatively physical players playing with a great vet in Spezzas who's shown he can still produce. I don't expect this line to be a liability whatsoever and Aube-Kubel/Spezza can both slide up if needed. Should beat other teams on the forecheck while being able to break up the cycle.

D1: Two really steady D who can move the puck and defend. Morrissey is young but he's really coming into his own and showing he can play, and Jones reputation speaks for itself.
D2: This pair does lack name value however both D had fantastic years this year and I thought it'd be another solid pair at both ends of the ice, and I wanted my top 4 to be overall solid.
D3: Johns can slide up the lineup if needed and Staal would be much less relied upon here so he can take less minutes to keep him fresh. This is a BIG pairing.

G: Crawford had a .917 on a pretty bad team, and Reimer is a quality platoon option if my coach wanted to take games off of Crawford to keep him fresh too, though I plan on being able to run with Crawford. Crawford has proven he can win.

We announce Sheldon Keefe as head coach with Bruce Boudreau and Paul McFarland as assistants of this offensive minded forward corps, and 2 way oriented defence unit.
I’d be very worried about Labanc on a shutdown line regardless of who he’s paired with.

I don’t know if this is better but maybe something like

Gallagher-Kopitar-Atkinson
Neal/Ryan-Hayes-Labanc
Bratt-Strome-Ryan/Neal

Would work better in my eyes just to fit that shut down line. Maybe even switching Bratt and Labanc and then flipping the wings.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
With my updated Panda Bear lines:

:avs

Andreas Johnsson - Patrice Bergeron - Clayton Keller
Taylor Hall - Ryan Johansen - Zach Kassian
Miles Wood - Chris Tierney - Arturri Lehkonen
Milan Lucic - Riley Sheahan - Sonny Milano

Marcus Petterson- Erik Karlsson
Darnell Nurse - Ethan Bear
Jordie Benn - Justin Schultz

Carey Price
XXX
What do you think?

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
No, but Gryz is a great PP QB. So much so that some fans on the Bruins Board (NOT ME) think he could replace Krug and with enough time could be just as good.

EDIT. I AM AN IDIOT

When I saw PK I immediately thought Penalty Kill.

Now that I know it is Subban, the answer is even more no. Both of the those guys are offensive. Gryz is small and a good defender but no way can he cover for Subban
Yeah I think I’m gonna switch Pesce and Pk

Slavin-Subban
Grz-Pesce

Reactions: OB5

OB5

May 2, 2015
With my updated Panda Bear lines:

:avs

Andreas Johnsson - Patrice Bergeron - Clayton Keller
Taylor Hall - Ryan Johansen - Zach Kassian
Miles Wood - Chris Tierney - Arturri Lehkonen
Milan Lucic - Riley Sheahan - Sonny Milano

Marcus Petterson- Erik Karlsson
Darnell Nurse - Ethan Bear
Jordie Benn - Justin Schultz

Carey Price
XXX
What do you think?
Really intrigued by Bergeron-Keller

Reactions: Llamamoto49

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Really intrigued by Bergeron-Keller

@Panda Bear suggested putting them together, and it completely changes around the team. Johansen - Keller was a pretty meh second line, but Hall and Kassian transforms the second line into a really good one. Johnsson's a pretty good fit on the top line as well. He's good defensively which should mesh well with Bergeron, and he's a great forechecker, which should free up some space for Keller to do his thing.

Reactions: OB5

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Bratt - Kopitar - Gallagher
Labanc - Hayes - Atkinson
Neal - Strome - Ryan

L3 will be bad but idk...it's a lot of offense first forwards on the roster

Reactions: Gecklund

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Bratt - Kopitar - Gallagher
Labanc - Hayes - Atkinson
Neal - Strome - Ryan

L3 will be bad but idk...it's a lot of offense first forwards on the roster
All I wanted out of L3 was goals, I think they'll manage that.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:stars

Alex Killorn Nicklas BackstromReilly Smith
Kappo KakkoNazem KadriColin White
Andrew Coglino Carl SoderbergJesper Fast
Jujhar Khaira Johan Larsson Evan Rodrigues
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Esa LindellJohn Carlson
Jakob Chychrun Tyler Myers
Ron Hainsey Nick Jensen
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Robin Lehner
Matt Murray
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Cap Hit: 76.075
Cap Ceiling: 79.500
Cap Space: 3.425

1st Line - I wanted a first like that could do it all. Put Backstrom with a couple of shooters both wingers have 26 and 27 goals respectively. Strong 2 way presence as well. ~19 minutes a night, all situations.

2nd Line - Didn’t turn out the way I wanted. We all know what Kadri brings and I feel that White is more like the 41 point player he was last year than the 23 point player this year. Kaako had a poor year, but showed that he has potential to be great. ~16 minutes a night, soft matchups.

3rd Line - Standard checking line. Soderburg and Fast can still put the puck in the net and Cogliano/Fast are both good at applying pressure and moving the puck up the ice. ~15 minutes a night, hard matchups.

4th Line - Standard energy line. Larsson will get some PK time to up his minutes. Hoping Khaira and Rodrigues can have bounce back years with well defined roles. ~10 minutes a night, all situations.

1st Pairing - Wanted to go for the classic offencive plus defencive pairing. Feel these two would have instant chemistry and with Carlson’s 75 points this season he is leading the charge on the offence. Lindell is a horse that will take on the toughest match ups every night. ~23 minutes a night, all situations.

2nd Pairing - A little like the first pairing with Chychrun being the two way guy and Myers doing what he does best moving the puck. I feel like with less pressure and a reduced role Myers would really perform well. Chychrun would likely get more minutes playing on the PK and moving Jensen/Hainsey up later in the game to help defend leads. ~20 minutes a night, all situations.

3rd Pair - For the last pairing I wanted a couple of guys who would play a simple game. These two do that. Both have played up the line up so bottom pairing minutes should be a breeze. ~17 minutes a night, all situations.

Goalie Tandem - Having two guys that can win you games is huge in today’s NHL. You want your starter fresh for the playoffs and also you want to win those back to backs to make the playoffs. These two guys will make sure my team is in it every night where some of these back ups are an automatic loss. Lehner 47 starts, Murray 35 starts.

Overall my team will win a lot of games 2-1, 1-0.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
That’s not true at all and I’m actually offended by this post. Hate Kesler all you want as a player (he could play dirty), but Kesler is nothing but class off of the ice with his charity work, etc. He was also a popular teammate off the ice in both Vancouver and Anaheim. Kesler did screw over Vancouver by making a trade ultimatum (and limiting his wishlist to two cities which greatly handicapped Benning at the time), but Kesler has also stated that he regrets handling it the way that he did. Kesler was an absolute playoff warrior for us and almost always gave it his all for himself, his teammates, and his organization. Sorry Panda, but I’m really disappointed by this post of yours.
pretty much dead of smoke inhalation when it comes to Kesler and extramarital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad