Fantasy Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Anyone have an elite or near elite dman they want to dangle in a trade? Wouldn’t mind upgrading OEL or Dumba.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Well, what's the vote here all? On IUs drop of Galy. Do we give him back? My vote plus the two who aren't on HF includes two yes and one no.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Did he drop him and then not realize until afterwards he could have put him on IR? If that’s the case I say tough shit.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Did he drop him and then not realize until afterwards he could have put him on IR? If that’s the case I say tough ****.

Yes. That's what happened.

So we have 2 yes and 2 no so far.

Anyone else?

Someone tag everyone in the league lol. I'm on mobile and trying to get a ham in the oven.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Losers this week have to change their avatar to a manning picture.

Reactions: RayP

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Was there a discussion about point values that I missed? A ppg is worth 8 pts but a goalie win is only worth 6??? 6 blocks is worth a goalie win??? 40 saves equals more than a hat trick?

Wow. It did not occur to me we were doing something completely different from last year.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Was there a discussion about point values that I missed? A ppg is worth 8 pts but a goalie win is only worth 6??? 6 blocks is worth a goalie win??? 40 saves equals more than a hat trick?

Wow. It did not occur to me we were doing something completely different from last year.

You asked for defensemen to be worth more and hits became a standard stat this year, so that’s where your blocks come in.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Pre-draft, I thought the goalie scoring made sense relative to everything else because position scoring is also inflated.

IIRC, last year goals were 3, assists 2. Now it's double that. +/- staying at 1 makes it worth a little less, and PPP moving up to 2 makes the PP more valuable than ES, which I think is cool.

Goalie is the same, everything is double.

The big change is blocks, why I went after Pietrangelo.

This is way better, double everything up and get some points on the board. Great job @ChiHawks10. Last year we were only putting up 5-40 points a night. I think I even tied someone one week.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
It is what it is, but the way the scoring is somehow a goalie with a GAA of around 4.63 and a save percentage of .846 has 21 pts. Obviously they get points for wins but those stats should come with huge point losses.

I think maybe next year we need to talk about the scoring system.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It is what it is, but the way the scoring is somehow a goalie with a GAA of around 4.63 and a save percentage of .846 has 21 pts. Obviously they get points for wins but those stats should come with huge point losses.

The saves were supposed to be worth .25, not .5. Which is what is causing goalie scoring to be elevated, and throwing all goalie stats off. The rest is fine, IMO, and everyone else's too it seems.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

The saves were supposed to be worth .25, not .5. Which is what is causing goalie scoring to be elevated, and throwing all goalie stats off. The rest is fine, IMO, and everyone else's too it seems.

As it stands, goalies score the same amount of points as the players drafted around them.

I think if you went to .25 for saves, people would be playing without goalies.

Let’s say your goalie gives up 3 goals on 30 shots and loses.

That’s a total score of 0.75.

Pekka Rinne won the Vezina last year. His season score would be 446.5, the same as the players of all positions on the waiver wire. Why even roster them with the risk involved? It would make more sense to just leave every goalie on the wire and only stream them for choice matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad