RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Right there with ya Ray. Except I am last. :laugh:

tenor.gif

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Can we change at least one of the IR spots to IR+? I just found out it existed. This would enable us to place players who are Out or Day to Day on injured reserve.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Can we change at least one of the IR spots to IR+? I just found out it existed. This would enable us to place players who are Out or Day to Day on injured reserve.

Didn't even know it existed until you posted it here. If I had known I'd have done 1 and 1. But yeah, we should avoid changes mid season.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Didn't even know it existed until you posted it here. If I had known I'd have done 1 and 1. But yeah, we should avoid changes mid season.

Yeah, it’ll be something different we can do next year to keep things fresh. In the meantime, it makes for interesting roster decisions and more player movement.

If anyone who knows can speak to the logic of not placing a player on IR from an NHL team perspective, that would be much appreciated.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Yeah, it’ll be something different we can do next year to keep things fresh. In the meantime, it makes for interesting roster decisions and more player movement.

If anyone who knows can speak to the logic of not placing a player on IR from an NHL team perspective, that would be much appreciated.

A player needs to be out a minimum amount of days to be placed on IR and there’s ltir to take into account.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
to go on LTIR you need to be out a minimum of 21 days, so you cannot return until the 21st day at the earliest...so going DTD makes more sense for someone that might be out a week or two at the most. LTIR also allows a team to exceed the cap with a replacement, so putting a player on LTIR they can call up players easier and exceed the cap as well during that players injury...but have to be cap compliant when the player returns or by years end.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Thanks.

@ChiHawks10 ’s team sucks.

That it does. When your 1st round pick has 3 goals, 2 assists, and is a -3 on the season, it's inevitable that the team will suck. Hell, Laine got demoted to the 4th line in Saturday's game. He has been hot garbage. I have free agent pickups that have outperformed him to this point.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That it does. When your 1st round pick has 3 goals, 2 assists, and is a -3 on the season, it's inevitable that the team will suck. Hell, Laine got demoted to the 4th line in Saturday's game. He has been hot garbage. I have free agent pickups that have outperformed him to this point.

I didn’t realize he had been that bad.

Kucherov hasn’t exactly been lighting it up for me as the second overall pick either. Been a little better lately, though.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I’m still frustrated by the point scoring. You had a goalie give up SEVEN goals yesterday and still earn 1.5 points. A game like that should carry consequences.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I’m still frustrated by the point scoring. You had a goalie give up SEVEN goals yesterday and still earn 1.5 points. A game like that should carry consequences.

Now imagine how frustrated you would be if the GA scoring was not changed from -1 to -2 after the draft.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
My team has been hot garbage all season. And I expect that will continue. Lol. Ours was close until last night... like a 5 point difference matchup went to like a 40+ point deficit in one day.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
My team has been hot garbage all season. And I expect that will continue. Lol. Ours was close until last night... like a 5 point difference matchup went to like a 40+ point deficit in one day.

Laine needs a change of scenery IMO. Would be good for the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad