Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
giphy.gif

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I could commish. I'm ok with that. I'm in. I even think that @RayP can actually pay this year without trying to figure out a work-around. :laugh:

Set it up by Friday and I can pay while I’m out of town this weekend! :laugh:

Damn Mormons.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Set it up by Friday and I can pay while I’m out of town this weekend! :laugh:

Damn Mormons.

I'm pretty sure they declared all online sports gambling legal... so you should be able to pay from Utah. I show that Fanduel and such are active in Utah. Don't see why Yahoo fantasy shouldn't be.

Reactions: RayP

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Could I participate from Finland? Which fantasy platform are you using? I have tried ESPN once.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Could I participate from Finland? Which fantasy platform are you using? I have tried ESPN once.

We used Yahoo last year and it will be a money league so as long as that is not a legal hurdle for you, I don’t see why not. American cash btw, no Kuukolu’s. ;)

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Would be using Yahoo, more than likely. And I'm not sure how that works in Finland. Can you pay money into the Yahoo Fantasy Sports wallet? If so, then you'd probably be fine.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Would be using Yahoo, more than likely. And I'm not sure how that works in Finland. Can you pay money into the Yahoo Fantasy Sports wallet? If so, then you'd probably be fine.

Well fast impression is that I could pay money into the sports wallet but I have to double check it later with better time.

Could someone or you explain how the league works? I have played several fantasy games and all of them are slightly different and apparently there are several different game formats in Yahoo?

ESPN is the only American version I've tried and it was something like this:

10 managers, we had a draft. Goals, passes etc were calculated as points, when you build your lineup for one week ahead and try to beat your opponent. If you beat the opponent, you got two points in regular season and then there are playoffs. Same thing in Yahoo?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Well fast impression is that I could pay money into the sports wallet but I have to double check it later with better time.

Could someone or you explain how the league works? I have played several fantasy games and all of them are slightly different and apparently there are several different game formats in Yahoo?

ESPN is the only American version I've tried and it was something like this:

10 managers, we had a draft. Goals, passes etc were calculated as points, when you build your lineup for one week ahead and try to beat your opponent. If you beat the opponent, you got two points in regular season and then there are playoffs. Same thing in Yahoo?

Basically the just of it. Scoring is done via categories of goals, assists, sog, +/-, etc. Goalies is like saves, wins, shutouts, goals allowed, etc. You earn points for your players getting those things.

So say you had Kane, and he had 2G and 1A, and 5 SOG in the game that night. You'd get like 3 points per goal, 2 points per assist, and half a point per shot on goal. So Kane would get you 10.5 points for that day. Each player scores for you individually, each day. Your team plays someone for the entire week, and you try to accrue more points than the other manager you're playing for that week using all your players on your roster. So if your roster finishes the week with 125 points and the opposing manager finishes with 110, you would get the win that week, and be 1-0.

And if you could pay money into the Yahoo wallet, then you're probably fine to join/pay/play.

Reactions: migi

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I would like to play again but I would really like some sort of cap on games played. Without that there is really no point in drafting defenseman outside of the elite.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I would like to play again but I would really like some sort of cap on games played. Without that there is really no point in drafting defenseman outside of the elite.

What about adding hits as a scoring category since it greatly favors defensemen, particularly the non-elite? Maybe blocked shots too. Just spitballing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad