Fantasy Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Laine needs a change of scenery IMO. Would be good for the room.

All his points have come in the last two weeks. He was garbage to start the year. My issue is no one seems to click at the same time. One week it's Benn snapping. Then he cools off hard and it's Laine. I'm not getting consistent, game-to-game play from anyone on my team.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
All his points have come in the last two weeks. He was garbage to start the year. My issue is no one seems to click at the same time. One week it's Benn snapping. Then he cools off hard and it's Laine. I'm not getting consistent, game-to-game play from anyone on my team.

We need more trading. Nobody wants to trade in these leagues.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Part of the problem is there is no max played (which I guess we can’t do), there is a utility forward spot, and no real necessity for an elite goalie.

Was straight up stat categories (ie goalie wins,goals) an option? You would trade for a good goalie if you are playing someone with a 4 GAA bc otherwise you’d lose that category every week. If you have strict categories than you would trade an assist guy for a goal centric player. As things stand, what’s the point in trading?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
too many good players out there in free agency week to week to really need to trade...the one position that likely would generate a trade are those who hoarded goalies and those that need a goalie - with Quick out, my goalies are crap lol...

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Part of the problem is there is no max played (which I guess we can’t do), there is a utility forward spot, and no real necessity for an elite goalie.

Was straight up stat categories (ie goalie wins,goals) an option? You would trade for a good goalie if you are playing someone with a 4 GAA bc otherwise you’d lose that category every week. If you have strict categories than you would trade an assist guy for a goal centric player. As things stand, what’s the point in trading?

Categories is a boring, dated format.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
the only issue I see is there are too few teams set for the playoffs...the fear is always the same, it is a long season, and once a few guys are out of it or near the bottom, they stop setting lineups and cheap wins come. never saw the need for less playoff teams vs more. if your team is good enough to win, it will win regardless of playing an extra round of playoffs, but to keep the teams active, 4 spots is not enough...once some know they are done with a month or 6 weeks to go, I guarantee you some will stop following or making moves which leads to cheap wins...I have no problem with the point system even with my shitty goalies lol...but the playoff spots seem low for 12 teams...I would rather see 8 teams make it and fight it out that way to keep people active an interested. just my 2 cents.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
the only issue I see is there are too few teams set for the playoffs...the fear is always the same, it is a long season, and once a few guys are out of it or near the bottom, they stop setting lineups and cheap wins come. never saw the need for less playoff teams vs more. if your team is good enough to win, it will win regardless of playing an extra round of playoffs, but to keep the teams active, 4 spots is not enough...once some know they are done with a month or 6 weeks to go, I guarantee you some will stop following or making moves which leads to cheap wins...I have no problem with the point system even with my ****ty goalies lol...but the playoff spots seem low for 12 teams...I would rather see 8 teams make it and fight it out that way to keep people active an interested. just my 2 cents.

Six teams make it... not 4. Half the league.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, bigger rosters would facilitate trades, but the downside would be people that are a little quicker to the trigger on the waiver wire and also have a better feel for who is going to be good would build juggernauts.

But, there is still plenty of room for trades. If you are near the bottom, at some point you have to offer those superstars to top teams for 2-4 good players. You win these leagues with depth, not 2 or 3 guys winning you matchups by themselves.

I’ve looked at some of the rosters near the bottom and have thought up some 2 for 1’s and 3 for 1’s for their best players. I ultimately do not make a proposal because I think there is a better than 50-50 chance it blows up in my face and I also think the recipient will be unjustifiably insulted by the offer. I mean, I trade you 3 good guys for 1 great guy and the great guy gets hurt, I’m completely f***ed.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Coldy this is going to be a tight weekend. I’d say good luck but I’d be lying. I hope I smash you. Me and my shitty 1-3 team, I hope we crush you like an ant on the sidewalk.

@ColdSteel2

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Coldy this is going to be a tight weekend. I’d say good luck but I’d be lying. I hope I smash you. Me and my ****ty 1-3 team, I hope we crush you like an ant on the sidewalk.

@ColdSteel2

I’m running a mash unit over here, @RayP. Nobody’s seen Hertl all week. Carlson sustained a lower body injury, which must have been off the ice because he played a half hour the other night. My instinct to hoard keeps Tkachuk on the sidelines and prevents me from streaming.

But I still have the power of the goo-lie on my side

upload_2018-11-9_21-8-5.gif

Here’s hoping for a tight victory for Team Coldy, I love beating you in these things.

Reactions: TorMenT and RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I’m running a mash unit over here, @RayP. Nobody’s seen Hertl all week. Carlson sustained a lower body injury, which must have been off the ice because he played a half hour the other night. My instinct to hoard keeps Tkachuk on the sidelines and prevents me from streaming.

But I still have the power of the goo-lie on my side

View attachment 153299

Here’s hoping for a tight victory for Team Coldy, I love beating you in these things.

Got some breathing room now, Coldy.

Suck it.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I play in a 16 man points league and I like it way better than head to head. We also have 20 total moves limit so it puts a lot more emphasis on the draft and trades (which don’t count in the 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad