Fantasy Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
My team ****ing sucks.

Finally have a good week and still lose.

Mine sucks too. :laugh:

Although part of mine is guys just not producing how they should. I took Laine in the 1st round, Benn in the 2nd round, and Karlsson in the 3rd round. All three are screwing me hard.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
As it stands right now? Probably a top 15 goalie +. Again, he's the leading scorer in the league right now. He's on the PP, where he earns "bonus points" basically. And it's not really fluky. He had 84 points last year, and over a PPG. I mean, would you trade Kane for Matt Murray and Parise?

The problem with Rantanen is if he gets taken off MacKinnon’s line, his production will go down.

If I needed goaltending, depth and wins, I would definitely be shopping someone like Kane for multiple players.

I agree that Murray’s stock is down right now, but DeSmith offers an insurance policy. Pittsburgh is going to be a top team again, especially in the weak division they play in. Either way, you’re getting quality starts and wins. But I understand your POV, you would rather acquire a single goalie at the top of his game than a tandem on a good team. Maybe shop him around and see if someone will give that to you.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The problem with Rantanen is if he gets taken off MacKinnon’s line, his production will go down.

If I needed goaltending, depth and wins, I would definitely be shopping someone like Kane for multiple players.

I agree that Murray’s stock is down right now, but DeSmith offers an insurance policy. Pittsburgh is going to be a top team again, especially in the weak division they play in. Either way, you’re getting quality starts and wins. But I understand your POV, you would rather acquire a single goalie at the top of his game than a tandem on a good team. Maybe shop him around and see if someone will give that to you.

Stop it.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I need goaltending, but not so bad that I'm willing to trade the farm for it. My team is 0-5 because my top 3 picks aren't producing at their regular level... and nothing more. Otherwise I would probably be around .500, IMO. I mean... Parise wasn't even a drafted player. And he won't stay healthy/continue at this clip. It's basically a guarantee.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I’ll give up Kucherov for a Bourbon County Bourbon Stout to the first taker.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I need goaltending, but not so bad that I'm willing to trade the farm for it. My team is 0-5 because my top 3 picks aren't producing at their regular level... and nothing more. Otherwise I would probably be around .500, IMO. I mean... Parise wasn't even a drafted player. And he won't stay healthy/continue at this clip. It's basically a guarantee.

Fair enough. Although where or whether someone was drafted has no bearing on their value now as evidenced by players all of us have drafted and dropped.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
My team ****ing sucks.

Finally have a good week and still lose.

Honestly, I never thought I had a chance to win until Talbot got pulled. Hence my excessive celebration after it happened. That was an absolute perfect storm of occurrences on both sides.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Fair enough. Although where or whether someone was drafted has no bearing on their value now as evidenced by players all of us have drafted and dropped.

Yeah. I mean... Laine netted me -1 points on the week. I lost by 4.5 points. He was my first round pick. Not much I can do except hope that he's not on the 3rd line with f***ing Adam Lowry and Brandon Tanev for very long... :shakehead

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah. I mean... Laine netted me -1 points on the week. I lost by 4.5 points. He was my first round pick. Not much I can do except hope that he's not on the 3rd line with ****ing Adam Lowry and Brandon Tanev for very long... :shakehead

Laine’s heating up, you just got screwed by the Finland trip. I do think it is absolutely ridiculous that Maurice is playing him on the third line though. Deboer does that with Kane too, he only moves him up during the game if he’s feeling it.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Laine’s heating up, you just got screwed by the Finland trip. I do think it is absolutely ridiculous that Maurice is playing him on the third line though. Deboer does that with Kane too, he only moves him up during the game if he’s feeling it.

He's been better. But still not good enough. Like I said, Laine, Benn, and Karlsson are my top 3 picks, and all three have basically been mediocre or worse to this point.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I’m in 8th place for PF but still 4-1. Right place, right time I guess. Been without Matthews and Arvidsson tho for awhile now. And missed roster deadline twice now. Still I’m very lucky. Hopefully I can start scoring like my record says I should be now :laugh:

Reactions: ColdSteel2

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I’m in 8th place for PF but still 4-1. Right place, right time I guess. Been without Matthews and Arvidsson tho for awhile now. And missed roster deadline twice now. Still I’m very lucky. Hopefully I can start scoring like my record says I should be now :laugh:
every team I have played against so far has put up over 300 points....I think I am 2nd in points but 3-2 overall lol...
I have put up 1956 points, but my opponents have put up over 1910 points....lol, that is crazy...

.if you are going to play me, expect a monster week - it has happened every damn week so far!!

Reactions: TorMenT

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
every team I have played against so far has put up over 300 points....I think I am 2nd in points but 3-2 overall lol...
I have put up 1956 points, but my opponents have put up over 1910 points....lol, that is crazy...

.if you are going to play me, expect a monster week - it has happened every damn week so far!!

I hope I’m top scorer this week in the league and beat you by 1 point in that case :laugh:

Reactions: AmericanDream
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad