Fantasy GM Thread | Miller Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Nothing against barzal but I don’t think he’s that good to command 2 top 6 players. Am I wrong here? To me it would be more of a miller (agrees to an extension) and maybe a hoglander. But again i could only really see this if islanders are getting the impression barzal has no intentions of being their long term.

With that said, I do like barzal and the idea of bringing him back home is also very appealing.

if the canucks could get barzal for miller and boeser they should do it but there's no way the isles do that imo. if the isle move barzal they can get a similar return to what calgary got for tkachuk

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
In what world do you think islanders are giving up a 1c on cheap contract for two years? To resign jt Miller and get Garland? Some of you are truly living a fantasy. Ps: Lou doesn't deal with any teams after details are leaked. He dod same thing with Minnesota after Parise deal was leaked
The only way they entertain moving barzal is if they get the intention he’s not sticking around long term… which I do agree seems very unlikely he will be moved. I also think this whole “leaked” trade thing with Lou is pretty hilarious! The guy just seems like an old grump.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
In what world do you think islanders are giving up a 1c on cheap contract for two years? To resign jt Miller and get Garland? Some of you are truly living a fantasy. Ps: Lou doesn't deal with any teams after details are leaked. He dod same thing with Minnesota after Parise deal was leaked
Well it is a Fantasy Thread...

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Would be nice if Barzal pulled a Tkachuk and told Lou he wasn't going to sign long term with the Isles and wanted to play back in Canada.
1658852361274.png

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Speaking of fantasy thread..

" Dealing Dobson to the Canucks would ease some financial burden by also parting with a roster forward or top prospect, plus a 2023 first-round pick."...Kuzma

So what would that look like ?.... something like JTM + Podkolzin + 2023 1st , for Dobson..?

Last edited:

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
They'd need something in addition to Miller obviously, but not Podkolzin. After what he showed in his rookie season I don't think I'd add a whole lot to Podkolzin to get Dobson.

Reactions: alternate

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
They'd need something in addition to Miller obviously, but not Podkolzin. After what he showed in his rookie season I don't think I'd add a whole lot to Podkolzin to get Dobson.

I'd do Miller + Hog + a 1st to get Dobson. Pod definitely feels steep, but would still say yes assuming Dobson comes with a discounted 8 year extension.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Trading Podz would make me physically sick. What other top prospect do we have ..Lekkeriamaki..?..Whatever the price for Dobson would be..It would hurt.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

" Dealing Dobson to the Canucks would ease some financial burden by also parting with a roster forward or top prospect, plus a 2023 first-round pick."...Kuzma

So what would that look like ?.... something like JTM + Podkolzin + 2023 1st , for Dobson..?

The wording makes it sound like Kuzma thinks the Islanders would be the ones adding to the deal. Which obviously, is insane.

I don't really know what a deal would look like between the two sides because I just don't see why the Islanders would move him. In a scenario where they would move him? My opening offer would be Miller, Rathbone & Hoglander.

Reactions: MarkMM

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Dobson's acquisition cost will be too high so its unlikely this will happen. Canucks would have to give Miller + premium futures.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019

This piece makes no sense. To recap Kuzma's logic (such as it is): The Isles need to re-up Dobson who's comparable is Dahlin. That will present a cap-crunch with the need to extend Barzal. Therefore Miller is a compelling add at 7x8M because... the trade for Dobson to Van will allow the Isles to dump another contract as well onto a team without the capspace to accept said cap dump?

What? How? Why?

This is what happens when a management team is hermetically sealed from the press. Without sources, Kuzma has completely lost the plot.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
This piece makes no sense. To recap Kuzma's logic (such as it is): The Isles need to re-up Dobson who's comparable is Dahlin. That will present a cap-crunch with the need to extend Barzal. Therefore Miller is a compelling add at 7x8M because... the trade for Dobson to Van will allow the Isles to dump another contract as well onto a team without the capspace to accept said cap dump?

What? How? Why?

This is what happens when a management team is hermetically sealed from the press. Without sources, Kuzma has completely lost the plot.

It's possible the piece of information missing is that Kadri is going to sign with NYI which makes Dobson or Barzal the odd man out.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The only way Dobson is traded is if Lou got up in his own feelings about a player asking for fair compensation on their first non-ELC contract. Lou has a temper and has been willing to make drastic changes on principle before. Would be an incredible, immediately firable, offense so it’s not going to happen.

But boy would it be hilarious.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006

I will eat my hat if Miller returns Dobson, a roster forward and a 1st. Absolute lunacy from Kuz, and setting the fanbase up for some major disappointment if anyone takes him seriously.

MatthewMurdock

Jul 25, 2022
It's hilarious reading how underrated Miller has become. Firstly, I clearly stated JT Miller would be signed ti an extension. The Islanders just had John Tavares walk to his hometown team, I suggested if they had similar suspicions about Barzal this would be a grand slam return.

Just for what it's worth over the past two seasons JT Miler 145 points Connor Garland has scored 91 points and Matt Barzal has scored 105 points.

Just so you know Barzal has one year left on his contract. That would be an absolute grand slam return for him.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
If they trade Dobson then they immediately need a Dobson. I get why we'd love to get him but there's no way he's available. 50 point 22 year old 6'4 RD's just don't get traded.

Mayfield, Raty and picks for an extended Miller would more likely be the basis of the deal.

Reactions: Red

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
the canucks should be willing to give up basically anything short of pettersson and hughes for dobson. i'd do miller + podkolzkin altho adding another first would be maybe a bit much. if the isle want hoglander or klimovich or rathbone or whatever else you include them too though

dobson is the kind of player that is never available and solves a huge need for vancouver. with hughes + dobson it gets much easier to build a competitive defense

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
the isles have pelech-pulock as a top notch first pairing locked up forever and under 30. they just added another 22 year old stud in romanov. them trading dobson is not the same as us trading hughes, for example.

looking at the age of the isles core (aside from barzal/dobson), the fact that they were a period away from beating tampa one year ago (and therefore winning the cup against montreal), had their past season crushed by covid, and have an old school, principles based gm in lou lam who as others have mentioned, may overvalue 27-32 year olds over 22-26 year olds... i don't think it's unfathomable that they move dobson.

but i don't think it would be for jt miller. could easily see them targeting a schiefele type player as a better fit for their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad