Fantasy GM Thread | Miller Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

overboard

Oct 1, 2020
Vancouver
The Jackets do look like a good fit for JT Miller - they could use a bona-fide #1 to centre Gudreau and Laine. And they seem to have a surplus of RHD.

However, they're tight up against the cap like we are - so any swaps would have to be pretty even on salary.

Considering how awful the market is right now for moving impact players, this is the kind of thing I could see being realistic:

To CBJ

JT Miller $5.25M

To VAN

Boone Jenner $3.75M
Andrew Peeke $787K
ALT: Nick Blankenburg $825K
Corson Ceulemans
2nd round pick

This is a straight-up hockey trade, addressing needs for both teams.

CBJ gets their #1 centre...and the best piece in the deal by far. So yeah, most folks will think we lose this one.

VAN gets Jenner who can play as a much-needed 3C, a RHD in either Peeke or Blankenburg (take your pick - whichever you think has the higher upside), a RHD prospect in Ceulemans that helps fill the prospect cupboard, and a 2nd.

If I were management, I would use the 2nd to try and send Poolman to ARI or some other taker. Open up some long-term cap flexibility (Poolman has the longest contract).

I know most posters here will be howling at what a sh!t return this is for a 100 point player, but I suspect this kind of deal will be the best this management group could achieve in this market.

There are a few notes / caveats to this deal:

It's pretty much a given that CBJ won't agree to move either of Kent Johnson or Cole Sillinger, so they are not part of this deal - even though many posters will insist they are part of it. Won't happen, IMO.

Jenner has back issues, so due diligence would have to be done on his health. Jack Roslovic is actually the better target as an asset, IMO, but he's from Ohio and I don't see the Jackets moving him either. Can't see him re-upping in Vancouver. So Jenner it is. Same age as JT.

Ceulemans could be replaced with another prospect...of which CBJ have many quality options. I chose him because he fits an area of need.

Most will want a 1st over a 2nd, but I think we'll be lucky to even get that.

________

FWIW, I'm not even necessarily advocating this trade - but I do want Miller moved. I like JTM, but committing to him long term will be a mistake.

IMO, management blew it when they didn't move him at the TDL. If folks want to see him traded before the season starts, expecting more than something like the above will lead to disappointment, methinks.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

MatthewMurdock

Jul 25, 2022
This management team clearly stated they wanted to change the identity of the team. Mikheyev adds an element the team has lacked for years, did they potentially overpay? Maybe in a vacuum but they took a bet on a piece that can help share their vision of what they would like the team to look like.

I'm sure the armchair Gm's don't quite understand the value of speed, play driving, even strength production and defensive impact. It's the same reason Mason Raymond was so underrated by this fan base.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Honestly, if I were in his shoes I don't think anything would be off the table for me. Not being able to work out even must be destroying him.

That being said, there's just something about taking horse dewormer that seems disgusting.

Totally get it. Specifically taking poison that no credible doctor would recommend is what’s stupid. If he said he was using crystals healing aura to realign his chakra, I’d be more understanding.

Reactions: MS and tradervik

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Totally get it. Specifically taking poison that no credible doctor would recommend is what’s stupid. If he said he was using crystals healing aura to realign his chakra, I’d be more understanding.

It's not poison. Lots of people take Ivermectin for perfectly legit reasons.

Unfortunately, treating Covid isn't one of them.

Elitegrinder

Jul 18, 2022
Miller+Hughes for Barzal+Dobson.

Who says no in the second mega deal of the season?
I’d be all over this!
I’d definitely trade our 2 yanks for 2 Canadians and sleep a little better with the latest departures of Tkachuk and Gaudreau….

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Miller+Hughes for Barzal+Dobson.

Who says no in the second mega deal of the season?
Lou and the islanders. Some of you really need to realize this isn't happening

The Jackets do look like a good fit for JT Miller - they could use a bona-fide #1 to centre Gudreau and Laine. And they seem to have a surplus of RHD.

However, they're tight up against the cap like we are - so any swaps would have to be pretty even on salary.

Considering how awful the market is right now for moving impact players, this is the kind of thing I could see being realistic:

To CBJ

JT Miller $5.25M

To VAN

Boone Jenner $3.75M
Andrew Peeke $787K
ALT: Nick Blankenburg $825K
Corson Ceulemans
2nd round pick

This is a straight-up hockey trade, addressing needs for both teams.

CBJ gets their #1 centre...and the best piece in the deal by far. So yeah, most folks will think we lose this one.

VAN gets Jenner who can play as a much-needed 3C, a RHD in either Peeke or Blankenburg (take your pick - whichever you think has the higher upside), a RHD prospect in Ceulemans that helps fill the prospect cupboard, and a 2nd.

If I were management, I would use the 2nd to try and send Poolman to ARI or some other taker. Open up some long-term cap flexibility (Poolman has the longest contract).

I know most posters here will be howling at what a sh!t return this is for a 100 point player, but I suspect this kind of deal will be the best this management group could achieve in this market.

There are a few notes / caveats to this deal:

It's pretty much a given that CBJ won't agree to move either of Kent Johnson or Cole Sillinger, so they are not part of this deal - even though many posters will insist they are part of it. Won't happen, IMO.

Jenner has back issues, so due diligence would have to be done on his health. Jack Roslovic is actually the better target as an asset, IMO, but he's from Ohio and I don't see the Jackets moving him either. Can't see him re-upping in Vancouver. So Jenner it is. Same age as JT.

Ceulemans could be replaced with another prospect...of which CBJ have many quality options. I chose him because he fits an area of need.

Most will want a 1st over a 2nd, but I think we'll be lucky to even get that.

________

FWIW, I'm not even necessarily advocating this trade - but I do want Miller moved. I like JTM, but committing to him long term will be a mistake.

IMO, management blew it when they didn't move him at the TDL. If folks want to see him traded before the season starts, expecting more than something like the above will lead to disappointment, methinks.
Columbus isn't trading Boone Jenner. He's the leader especially after his extension.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Reactions: rypper

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Honestly, if I were in his shoes I don't think anything would be off the table for me. Not being able to work out even must be destroying
I understand where the ivermectin misinformation is coming from but what is this nonsense about lingering spike protein?

Anyhow, I wish him all the best and hope that he doesn’t undergo any treatments that make things worse.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Honestly, if I were in his shoes I don't think anything would be off the table for me. Not being able to work out even must be destroying
I understand where the ivermectin misinformation is coming from but what is this nonsense about lingering spike protein?

Anyhow, I wish him all the best and hope that he doesn’t undergo any treatments that make things worse.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Honestly, if I were in his shoes I don't think anything would be off the table for me. Not being able to work out even must be destroying him.

That being said, there's just something about taking horse dewormer that seems disgusting.

While I don't in anyway condone the Covid crazies I think calling ivomectin horse dewormer is extremely disingenuous. (Insert joke about using it on other animals here). It's a genuine human medicine, used with great success for decades treating Onchocerciasis and other parasites (not viruses). It has proven track record of being very safe, people have to take it for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad