My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Posted in another forum by me:

Garland (15% retained)
Lekkermaki
2023 1st

For

MT (Signed to an extension)

Flames flip Garland at dealing with 15% retained for a late 1st from a contender.

Lekkermaki, Canucks 1st, another 1st from Garland trade.
I would do this in a f***ing heartbeat

But you would need to dump another three or 4 million somehow

Last edited:

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Not saying it's justified to not pick him but during draft there were rumors that Tkachuk did say he planned to play in the US at some point in his career so he was never seen as a long term option for Canadian teams. Calgary had some good years with hin but they just lost their two best players that would have had them competing in the playoffs for the next 5 years.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not saying it's justified to not pick him but during draft there were rumors that Tkachuk did say he planned to play in the US at some point in his career so he was never seen as a long term option for Canadian teams. Calgary had some good years with hin but they just lost their two best players that would have had them competing in the playoffs for the next 5 years.

This was one of the reasons I was leery of him at the time. He was always going to a big US market at the first opportunity. I'm not surprised in the slightest by this.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
This was one of the reasons I was leery of him at the time. He was always going to a big US market at the first opportunity. I'm not surprised in the slightest by this.
It’s not exactly an awful scenario, they’re gonna get an absolute haul for him.

We’re not making the same mistake with him as they made of Johnny Gaudreau

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
It’s not exactly an awful scenario, they’re gonna get an absolute haul for him.

We’re not making the same mistake with him as they made of Johnny Gaudreau

I doubt they get a massive haul for him. He's 1 year away from UFA and essentially controls where he wants to go.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I doubt they get a massive haul for him. He's 1 year away from UFA and essentially controls where he wants to go.
If it's true he wants to go to the states, He will do a sign and trade, Which would result in a huge Haul imo

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Teams know he wants out, cap space is at an absolute premium with underwhelming returns so far for decent players, and there's no guarantee that Tkachuk would agree to a sign and trade with the teams that might have the cap room and assets to spend for him.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Teams know he wants out, cap space is at an absolute premium with underwhelming returns so far for decent players, and there's no guarantee that Tkachuk would agree to a sign and trade with the teams that might have the cap room and assets to spend for him.
I guess I am higher than most, But if Tkachuk agreed to come back to Canada, I legit would give up 3 Significant assets for Tkachuk, Assuming we can drop some cap in the deal as well.

Horvat for example is a piece I would be fine with trading.
His contract is gonna look honestly pretty bad if rumors are true (7x7).
Tkachuk is a 100 Point player who is physical, gritty, and just a complete pain in the ass.
Having Him on a line with JT Miller and Garland would be insane.

Or you make him the grit, Have him with EP40 and Boeser.

Either way, you have 2 Elite Lines for the next Half a Decade, You make that deal if possible.

Of course it's a long shot, Tkachuk is leaving Canada, so it's moot

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC

Yeah -- it's essentially the same position the Canucks are in with Miller, minus a few details. Tkachuk is probably perceived as more desirable which may give him a bit more value, but at this point it's tough to swing big money in/big money out types of deals.

Bob Cajun

Mar 3, 2021
The fact that this team hasn’t taken advantage of Chuck fletcher is also a massive mistake on this teams management.

It's funny with the Flyers. Clearly there is no thought of a rebuild there, it wouldn't shock me if they are still looking to upgrade. They are at the cap now, but depending on what happens with Courturier and Ellis with respect to LTIR, they could still have some room to upgrade.

I'd wonder if there is a way to move Miller and Myers by taking back JVR (and possibly retaining on JT).

Something like Miller (retention if necessary) and Myers for JVR, Attard, pick-a-forward, 1st.

Then likely flip JVR at the deadline

theKRAKhouse

Jul 22, 2021
The fact that this team hasn’t taken advantage of Chuck fletcher is also a massive mistake on this teams management.
Wtf are you talking about? Ever consider the flyers may not be interested in JT. The bashing of our teams management is getting ridiculous.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Wtf are you talking about? Ever consider the flyers may not be interested in JT. The bashing of our teams management is getting ridiculous.
I think he means just in general. Hopefully Allvin is in constant communication with them so he doesn’t miss out on a great trade.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

I never mentioned just Miller
when a stupid GM still has a job (chuck fletcher) and is insanely desperate you should take advantage of it

teams took advantage of Benning regularly.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
It's funny with the Flyers. Clearly there is no thought of a rebuild there, it wouldn't shock me if they are still looking to upgrade. They are at the cap now, but depending on what happens with Courturier and Ellis with respect to LTIR, they could still have some room to upgrade.

I'd wonder if there is a way to move Miller and Myers by taking back JVR (and possibly retaining on JT).

Something like Miller (retention if necessary) and Myers for JVR, Attard, pick-a-forward, 1st.

Then likely flip JVR at the deadline
It's really weird with that team. Like, obviously the decision to still go for it is pretty awful, but if you're gonna do that (and hire a 64 year old coach to help aid you do that), you should probably be aggressive and making some sort of transaction like Benning did with Gudbranson and Eriksson.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I guess I am higher than most, But if Tkachuk agreed to come back to Canada, I legit would give up 3 Significant assets for Tkachuk, Assuming we can drop some cap in the deal as well.

Horvat for example is a piece I would be fine with trading.
His contract is gonna look honestly pretty bad if rumors are true (7x7).
Tkachuk is a 100 Point player who is physical, gritty, and just a complete pain in the ass.
Having Him on a line with JT Miller and Garland would be insane.

Or you make him the grit, Have him with EP40 and Boeser.

Either way, you have 2 Elite Lines for the next Half a Decade, You make that deal if possible.

Of course it's a long shot, Tkachuk is leaving Canada, so it's moot
Tkachuk is not a 100 point player. And he is a complete clown. Thanks for this I lost my breakfast. Let’s see how he does without Johnny feeding him the puck

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
If we are keeping Miller - and I think this is a mistake - then it's pretty clear one if not both of Pearson and Garland need to be traded for defensive help (Dickinson and Poolman should obviously be moved if possible, but I don't think it's possible). Our defence cannot hold up as it is currently constituted. If we can somehow get younger, cheaper and better on the right side it would be huge.

Reactions: Canucks LB

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
If we are keeping Miller - and I think this is a mistake - then it's pretty clear one if not both of Pearson and Garland need to be traded for defensive help (Dickinson and Poolman should obviously be moved if possible, but I don't think it's possible). Our defence cannot hold up as it is currently constituted. If we can somehow get younger, cheaper and better on the right side it would be huge.
I think if you keep miller you trade Bo. Just trade one of them.

Reactions: theKRAKhouse

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Maybe. But we end up a little thin at the Centre position, unless we really think EP is a full-time C.

I would also be trying to trim the fat first if we could. But I'm not opposed in principle to a Bo trade.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
There was a future out there were Jimbo didn't have another disaster of an offseason where he, at the very least, didn't prioritize trading extending Pearson, signing Poolman, and trading for Dickinson. Like yeah, he shouldn't have traded for OEL when all those ugly contracts of years last were so close to expiring, but the constant burning of cap is hurting especially now.

Could you imagine if this team had an additional $8 million in cap space? Sucks to potentially be forced to trade Miller because the current roster with a legitimate top 4 could do some damage this season. Yes yes yes, ideally this team would've completed a legitimate rebuild, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen and unless the big 3 are traded, won't happen.

Anyways, go steal Durzi or one of LA's RHD prospects already. Or as previously stated by everyone else, abuse the idiocy of Fletcher and snag Attard for nothing. That team is run by a Jimbo and will love overpaid players.

Reactions: MarkMM

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
There was a future out there were Jimbo didn't have another disaster of an offseason where he, at the very least, didn't prioritize trading extending Pearson, signing Poolman, and trading for Dickinson. Like yeah, he shouldn't have traded for OEL when all those ugly contracts of years last were so close to expiring, but the constant burning of cap is hurting especially now.

Could you imagine if this team had an additional $8 million in cap space? Sucks to potentially be forced to trade Miller because the current roster with a legitimate top 4 could do some damage this season. Yes yes yes, ideally this team would've completed a legitimate rebuild, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen and unless the big 3 are traded, won't happen.

Anyways, go steal Durzi or one of LA's RHD prospects already. Or as previously stated by everyone else, abuse the idiocy of Fletcher and snag Attard for nothing. That team is run by a Jimbo and will love overpaid players.
If it's at all possible to get Attard out of Philly we need to frickin do it. Yesterday.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

It's more likely they move Garland, in my opinion, to keep both Horvat and Miller ... since this organization seems to have an aversion to any contract that has some actual inherent value built-in and is not at least at, or above, market rates.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Maybe. But we end up a little thin at the Centre position, unless we really think EP is a full-time C.

I would also be trying to trim the fat first if we could. But I'm not opposed in principle to a Bo trade.
Well if we trade Miller we are also thin at center. What’s the difference? I just want them to pick one of them and to not lose the other to free agency. I’m sure they don’t want a calgary situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia