F Cayden Lindstrom - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2024 Draft)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I wonder if there have been some issues with Lindstrom’s treatment?

Barrett Hayton missed way more time than expected this season because of unexpected complications with what was thought to be a minor procedure on his thumb. His finishing ability has been severely degraded all season. His advanced metrics all show a very effective centerman with wildly low finishing metrics.

I hope Lindstrom is able to come back soon and that when he does, he’s actually 100%

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Has anyone heard anything about his injury, and are we getting concerned that it's been so quiet and we've blown well past his expected return?

Reactions: majormajor

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
One game of Lindstrom:

Not too impressed based on this footage but I've seen very little of him to have a real opinion. For people that have been watching him, is it possible that playing with Mckenna who is quite the phenomenon is making him look better then he actually is?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not too impressed based on this footage but I've seen very little of him to have a real opinion. For people that have been watching him, is it possible that playing with Mckenna who is quite the phenomenon is making him look better then he actually is?
I watched several full games of Lindstrom before his injury and I never saw him play with McKenna at even strength.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
No, I don’t think that’s the case.

Tiger Trauma

Sep 5, 2006
Medicine Hat
old.reddit.com

As a Tiger fan who watched him all year that was probably the worst game to show highlights of. He didn't look good in that clip, but it was also his last game before he had his surgery and I suspected he tweaked his "hand" the game before in Calgary.

Lindstrom being out is the reason the Tigers record went from near .700 when he was in the lineup down to a couple games below .500 without him. He was so dangerous on the ice because he could stickhandle through players like a knife slicing through butter and then outmuscle the strongest defenders to the net.

IMO if he was healthy all year he'd be a top 5 pick and a candidate to stick in the NHL next season. I think their is still a good chance at that, and I'd prefer a team that is weak in the centre position not to take him so he returns to Medicine Hat next season.

He's a unique talent in that he's built like a bull on skates, but has the softest hands in the league.
He can also stickhandle through a phone booth in the tightest of situations.

He also has an aggressive mean streak in him. He won't always go put checks on guys, but if you've hit him or stripped the puck away, he will go in with force. I've seen him target guys who've hit him earlier in the game.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I don't. Lindstrom us much more aggressive, love to play on the slot, worser as playmaker, better manipulator, his puck protection for his age us better. I think Byfield was better on the rush. They are playing very different game.
A big CHL centre going top 5 in their draft. I think that's why they compare them.

Only recent comparables are Dach and Byfield. He's more of a Dach though IMO.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
A big CHL centre going top 5 in their draft. I think that's why they compare them.

Only recent comparables are Dach and Byfield. He's more of a Dach though IMO.
You can probably expand this to big centers that were projected to go top 5 like Hayton, Glass and Cozens (although Hayton isn't as big). All of these guys fit the prototypical mold of an NHL center even if they were lacking more high end traits or skill aspect of the game

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005

At around the 10 minute mark, Pronman says Lindstrom had a hand injury and now is dealing with a back injury, he says he could be back for the playoffs.

Hand injury + dreaded back injury? Doesn't look good and could potentially fall out of the top 10

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
As a Tiger fan who watched him all year that was probably the worst game to show highlights of. He didn't look good in that clip, but it was also his last game before he had his surgery and I suspected he tweaked his "hand" the game before in Calgary.

Lindstrom being out is the reason the Tigers record went from near .700 when he was in the lineup down to a couple games below .500 without him. He was so dangerous on the ice because he could stickhandle through players like a knife slicing through butter and then outmuscle the strongest defenders to the net.

IMO if he was healthy all year he'd be a top 5 pick and a candidate to stick in the NHL next season. I think their is still a good chance at that, and I'd prefer a team that is weak in the centre position not to take him so he returns to Medicine Hat next season.

He's a unique talent in that he's built like a bull on skates, but has the softest hands in the league.
He can also stickhandle through a phone booth in the tightest of situations.

He also has an aggressive mean streak in him. He won't always go put checks on guys, but if you've hit him or stripped the puck away, he will go in with force. I've seen him target guys who've hit him earlier in the game.
Great post.....and extremely impressive that you've been here since 2006 and only have 154 posts!

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Dach is a pass first player, Lindstrom is a shooter…
Other than that, I see a lot of comparables to their game (or at least compared to Byfield).

I wouldn't call them close comparables but probably the closest recent.

(Also, insert injury prone joke)

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal

At around the 10 minute mark, Pronman says Lindstrom had a hand injury and now is dealing with a back injury, he says he could be back for the playoffs.

Been saying it for a month now... already dealing with injuries at this young age is not good. Good player but is on my DND list because of lack of durability.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Other than that, I see a lot of comparables to their game (or at least compared to Byfield).

I wouldn't call them close comparables but probably the closest recent.

(Also, insert injury prone joke)
Lindstrom that good of a skater? Byfield top 10 fastest forward in the NHL based upon Edge stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad