F Cayden Lindstrom - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2024 Draft)

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I can see Lindstrom being on a list like that in the NHL. Lindstrom has wheels. All he needs is to add more muscle on his frame to generate the power in his stride

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think it's Montreal that has the highest chances of passing on a injured/risky player. Just like they did with Michkov. Back injuries at that age are very concerning.

They passed on Michkov because of the combination of no control over his development for 3 years, the character issues, his style of game and his size.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Other than that, I see a lot of comparables to their game (or at least compared to Byfield).

I wouldn't call them close comparables but probably the closest recent.

(Also, insert injury prone joke)

They don't play in similar ways. And they have different talents.

Byfield has incredible handling and skating in combination, has great vision and passing, but is typically contact shy and is developing his forecheck and backcheck game somewhat belatedly.

Lindstrom really embraces more of a nasty power forward role. He's very direct and in the battle. Forecheck, backcheck, hitting, net drives. He doesn't have nearly the puck skill that Byfield has, or the passing ability. He's a shooter.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Lindstrom that good of a skater? Byfield top 10 fastest forward in the NHL based upon Edge stats.

They don't play in similar ways. And they have different talents.

Byfield has incredible handling and skating in combination, has great vision and passing, but is typically contact shy and is developing his forecheck and backcheck game somewhat belatedly.

Lindstrom really embraces more of a nasty power forward role. He's very direct and in the battle. Forecheck, backcheck, hitting, net drives. He doesn't have nearly the puck skill that Byfield has, or the passing ability. He's a shooter.
I think you both misread the context of that post.

I was saying other than shoot vs pass mentality, I see Lindstrom having more comparables to Dach than Byfield.

I agree, Byfield isn't a good comparison at all.

Reactions: Garnet76

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think you both misread the context of that post.

I was saying other than shoot vs pass mentality, I see Lindstrom having more comparables to Dach than Byfield.

I agree, Byfield isn't a good comparison at all.

Ah ok, I see now.

WentWughes

Apr 16, 2023
Yes, risks... And I'm sure they pass on Lindstrom too. Time will tell

Nope. The players seems to fit what the management is trying to do and from all accounts based on what I have heard has no character concerns. If he drops to Montreal I would be very surprised if they passed him up.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Nope. The players seems to fit what the management is trying to do and from all accounts based on what I have heard has no character concerns.

In interviews Cayden Lindstrom is like a dream pick. He's that team oriented small town kid who just breathes hockey. Great attitude and strong leadership potential. That sort of thing will help move him up lists, because every team is thinking about shaping their locker room along with shaping their on-ice lineup.

I think a team steps up and selects Iginla before Lindstrom goes

If they all get intel that Lindstrom has a permanent back issue, then sure. Most likely no. Tij Iginla is not a power forward, more of a soft skill winger. He'll probably get ranked accordingly.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Lindstrom doesn’t have anywhere near the risks that Michkov had. He seems like a great kid who loves hockey. Injury and smaller sample size I would say would be the risks I see outside of his actual gameplay.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
In interviews Cayden Lindstrom is like a dream pick. He's that team oriented small town kid who just breathes hockey. Great attitude and strong leadership potential. That sort of thing will help move him up lists, because every team is thinking about shaping their locker room along with shaping their on-ice lineup.

If they all get intel that Lindstrom has a permanent back issue, then sure. Most likely no. Tij Iginla is not a power forward, more of a soft skill winger. He'll probably get ranked accordingly.
Soft skill winger… eh?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3