F Cayden Lindstrom - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2024 Draft)

19Simon19

Jul 31, 2022
Hi everyone, there's a few of you here that already know me for my past two seasons extensive NHL draft rankings that have been posted here.

This year, on top of the writing content I'll produce video scouting report on the players, as well.

Here's the first one on Cayden Lindstrom

Hope you enjoy !

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
In this draft I think he goes 2nd or 3rd. His tools and progression are just too difficult to ignore.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Hi everyone, there's a few of you here that already know me for my past two seasons extensive NHL draft rankings that have been posted here.

This year, on top of the writing content I'll produce video scouting report on the players, as well.

Hope you enjoy !

Simon, this is fantastic stuff. Give it some time, you’re going to work for someone someday!

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
With respect, it seems like you just pulled three names out of a hat...
I guess to you. Prime Benn ppg Power forward who can play center but better at wing, Crouse 40-50 pt power forward, Jones sub 20 pt bottom 6 banger. Benn was a steal but Crouse and Jones both 1st rounders and were physically mature already in their draft year like Lindstrom. All big left shot power forwards, didn't use Lucic because he's not on that level of imposing

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008

Hope you enjoy !

Watching that highlight package (well done, btw), I can't help but think how often he looked flashy but there was no finish, both in terms of goal-scoring but also a lot of his passes didn't make the mark. This reminds me a lot of Jessie Puljujarvi when I used to watch him play before he was drafted. You can get excited about the size and flash but there was a lack of finish.

Reactions: landy92mack29

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Watching that highlight package (well done, btw), I can't help but think how often he looked flashy but there was no finish, both in terms of goal-scoring but also a lot of his passes didn't make the mark. This reminds me a lot of Jessie Puljujarvi when I used to watch him play before he was drafted. You can get excited about the size and flash but there was a lack of finish.
He has 27 goals in 32 games, I think that highlight reel just wasn't showing any goals. By all accounts, he has a pretty good wrist shot.

Blue Chip Prospect

Feb 9, 2019
Montreal

Hope you enjoy !

Hey man ! As someone who also make prospects videos on youtube with a heavy dose of french accent, id like to give you a small tip. You can download Capcut as a user friendly video editor that is free and won't have a giant watermark in the middle of the screen. You can also use Davinci Resolve which is a more advanced video editor and is also totally free.

Anyway, good job and keep them coming ! Btw, I had never heard of tslh before but I came across a 6 hour 2 part top 32 podcast from you guys and it was 🔥. I don't know if you were part of it but I listened to the whole thing in 1 go. Loved it !

If you have any editing questions or anything around making videos, don't hesitate!

Last edited:

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I see a lot of Josh Anderson in him.

I don't say that negatively. He is big but he has the quick, powerful strides that make the defense back off and he can overpower on the rush. A great shot, quick hands around the net, great on the cycle, protects the puck well. He also looks to lack a bit of creativity and maybe a bit of finish as well.

However, he looks way more agile, especially with his cutbacks/east-west moves on the zone entry. Looks like a smarter player, better vision, better passer.

I like him a lot. He certainly has the tools to be a dominant player... Hopefully a bit more toolbox than Anderson, but Josh is a very useful player.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
I see a lot of Josh Anderson in him.

I don't say that negatively. He is big but he has the quick, powerful strides that make the defense back off and he can overpower on the rush. A great shot, quick hands around the net, great on the cycle, protects the puck well. He also looks to lack a bit of creativity and maybe a bit of finish as well.

However, he looks way more agile, especially with his cutbacks/east-west moves on the zone entry. Looks like a smarter player, better vision, better passer.

I like him a lot. He certainly has the tools to be a dominant player... Hopefully a bit more toolbox than Anderson, but Josh is a very useful player.
That's an excellent description, imo. I suspect he goes quite high in the draft because even if he doesn't become more polished with his creativity and finish, he will still be a very useful player given his size, skating, puck-protection skills, etc.

I admit to having similar concerns about Byfield at the same age, but it all worked out well for him and LA.

Reactions: UpsideHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad