F Cayden Lindstrom - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2024 Draft)

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
That clip alone, in comparison to Tij Iginla right now, would have me taking Iginla over Lindstrom in a large majority of cases.

Edit: I just watched some more clips and he's faster and smoother in them, but his stride length is so short and it feels like it wouldn't translate when you move up to playing against men. I'm not a scout though so my opinion is noise.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That clip alone, in comparison to Tij Iginla right now, would have me taking Iginla over Lindstrom in a large majority of cases.

That's really odd then, because Tij Iginla is not faster than that.

And as you see in the other clips, Cayden Lindstrom's top speed is VERY FAST, the technical efficiency of his stride is less important than the fact that he'll be bigger and faster than the large majority of NHLers he goes up against.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Powerforwards with back issues can make for a risky pick. That's really the only reason I could see him dropping a couple spots. He's definitely got top 5 talent, love a big kid who plays with an edge. Getting rarer and rarer these days.

pockets321

May 4, 2022
That's really odd then, because Tij Iginla is not faster than that.

And as you see in the other clips, Cayden Lindstrom's top speed is VERY FAST, the technical efficiency of his stride is less important than the fact that he'll be bigger and faster than the large majority of NHLers he goes up against.

Not odd at all, Iginla is easily faster than Lindstrom.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
First time I've seen him play since the Hlinka (and I've learned to disregard that tournament from my "evaluations"). Seems like a player with unique traits, not sure yet that he's in the No. 2-4 bucket he regularly gets put in.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Most evaluations I’ve read have said he’s an above average skater. But I can’t get over that clip where it looks like he’s walking on the ice

Reactions: Oscar The Grouch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad