F Cayden Lindstrom - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2024 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Seems a bit bearish. Crouse was under a PPG in his draft year, Lindstrom is near 1.5 in a competitive WHL. But I don't know Crouse well.
Crouse didn’t play on a good team. He led his team in points and goals. I could be wrong, but it seems like junior scoring is up the last 9 years in the CHL.

I’m not the highest on Lindstrom, but Crouse is a proven good second line winger. I wouldn’t want that if I was picking him top five. I also confess he could be better, but Crouse would be the average outcome I think. Crouse went 11th in one of the best drafts ever. He’s somewhat lived up to the spot he went, although there was a lot of early ire and it took him a longer time. I like Lindstrom a little more and probably have him in a similar draft slot, although the obvious caveat is that the 2015 draft was much stronger than 2024.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Crouse didn’t play on a good team. He led his team in points and goals. I could be wrong, but it seems like junior scoring is up the last 9 years in the CHL.

I’m not the highest on Lindstrom, but Crouse is a proven good second line winger. I wouldn’t want that if I was picking him top five. I also confess he could be better, but Crouse would be the average outcome I think. Crouse went 11th in one of the best drafts ever. He’s somewhat lived up to the spot he went, although there was a lot of early ire and it took him a longer time. I like Lindstrom a little more and probably have him in a similar draft slot, although the obvious caveat is that the 2015 draft was much stronger than 2024.
Lindstrom was top 5 in the WHL in 5v5 points per 60.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lindstrom was top 5 in the WHL in 5v5 points per 60.
So you expect that to continue in the NHL? Is he a line driver? He looks like a good complimentary forward to me, which is what Crouse is.

If we’re playing that game, Parascak is a top 10 pick easy.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
So you expect that to continue in the NHL? Is he a line driver? He looks like a good complimentary forward to me, which is what Crouse is.

If we’re playing that game, Parascak is a top 10 pick easy.
I guess we will find out but watching him play he looks better than Crosuse at the same age and the goal scoring is much better even if one adjusts for the differences in league scoring both this year and in their pre draft season.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Mrsic in the 3rd, Basha should push for top 10 imo
Wow top 10 eh?

The highest ranking that I have seen is 14th so far.

Not sure in NHL GMs are that confident about his goal scoring translating to the NHL which could limit his offensive impact and make him a bit predictable.
Still going to be a first rounder though I think.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Wow top 10 eh?

The highest ranking that I have seen is 14th so far.

Not sure in NHL GMs are that confident about his goal scoring translating to the NHL which could limit his offensive impact and make him a bit predictable.
Still going to be a first rounder though I think.
Push for not necessarily go top 10 though, probably goes in the teens.

Tigers just don't have it tonight atm, nothing is clicking, Wutzke playing well also. Will be interesting if Lindstrom goes to u18s as he's not quite right

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Nothing like watching a Willie Desjardins-coached team get bounced from the playoffs! :laugh:

In all honesty though RD has been a better team all series.

Reactions: TLEH

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Does Lindstrom quality for u18?

He’s an 06, he’s eligible

His teammate Andrew Basha. Also draft eligible is not though. He’s a late 05

Nothing like watching a Willie Desjardins-coached team get bounced from the playoffs! :laugh:

In all honesty though RD has been a better team all series.

Wutzke deserves a ton of credit. He was excellent

His draft stock should be on the rise

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Seems like a good bet for the Blue Jackets, no? Seems they could use another high end C prospect to go with Fantilli. Two big, tough, skilled centers is a good start to having and identity. Something that team has lacked, over the years. They’ve got some solid blueline prospects already. I think Columbus makes a lot of sense.
Yes and no.

It makes sense, fits and could definitely happen, but they could look at a dman like Dickinson and really like him.

Assuming these teams don't win 1st overall, Columbus, Chicago, Arizona, Montreal and San Jose I could see going for either F, or D.

Ducks I imagine want a forward, but they have a lot of both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad