TSN: Evander Kane Trade may include prospects instead of picks.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lol there's so many haters on this thread. Some of you act like Kane stepped on your dog or something.

I'm confident whoever ends up with Kane is not gonna be disappointed. He's a difference maker in my mind.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
A lot of trolls. Best to ignore them and concentrate on posts that are coherent, evidence based, not based on allegations and overblown bad manners. Kane has shown he has great talents but like most nhl players has some flaws. That means that a balancing has to be done.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
No one knows what kane can do in a playoff environment and that' the real wildcard. He literally gives his all every shift and had a physical element to his game (non existent this season buyer beware). He will either be a force who scores off end goals or his personality and mental fortitude cave in and he goes pointless for an entire playoff...it will be one or the other...that man has no medium lol

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
Lol there's so many haters on this thread. Some of you act like Kane stepped on your dog or something.

I'm confident whoever ends up with Kane is not gonna be disappointed. He's a difference maker in my mind.
When paired with a high end center? Is that really a difference maker?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
When paired with a high end center? Is that really a difference maker?

Oh right, I forgot that just because you have a talented C, means that you automatically have two great wingers, doesnt matter who they are.

I guess thats why Pittsburgh keeps rotating in wingers on Crosby's side every year, because they're just too damn good.

That literally makes no sense. You really gonna use that excuse to discredit Kane, who's a highly skilled winger in todays game? Give me a break

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
GM's looking to acquire a talent like Kane wouldn't look at that, if they are acquiring Kane they see what he could do with a good center (Eichel) and they would try and build him into their line-up around one of their centers. If a team was looking at Kane to drive a line than he would lose his value but his value to other teams is the potential he brings (40 goals) with a good center and you will pay for that.

He has played with a good centre in Eichel and still stinks. Kane will be a last resort for some team..and the package will be a paltry 2nd and mid level prospect or cap dump. Sorry the league doesn’t think as highly of Kane as Sabres fans do.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

If he's such a difference maker wouldn't it make more sense for the Sabres just to resign him.
He's still pretty young (26) and Buffalo needs these type of players to win.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If he's such a difference maker wouldn't it make more sense for the Sabres just to resign him.

Kane is a luxury item on a team that's missing some of the basics. It'd be like spending money on a paint job for a car whose engine doesn't run. OTOH, trading him could net us assets that help fix the real problem. It's not even a hard call -- Buffalo is easily better off trading him than trying to extend him.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I'd trade for Kane in Pittsburgh. If he wants prospects and NHL players...

Evander Kane (40% retained) for Conor Sheary, prospect, 2019 1st, 2018 3rd (via OTT) conditional if he resigns

Prospect is your choice of Daniel Sprong, Tristan Jarry, or Zach Aston-Reese

That is insane. I would not give up a 1st by itself for a rental like Kane. I honestly wouldn’t want him even for Sheary. The Pens have solid options without bringing someone in that is not the best team player. The Pens don’t need to mess with chemistry.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Kane is a luxury item on a team that's missing some of the basics. It'd be like spending money on a paint job for a car whose engine doesn't run. OTOH, trading him could net us assets that help fix the real problem. It's not even a hard call -- Buffalo is easily better off trading him than trying to extend him.

Problem is Kane is very unpredictable. Coughing up a first for a guy I see leaving for the highest money deal after this season seems like a risk. Brassard was had for a first plus but is more than just a rental and plays Center.
I think Kane hasnt been traded because teams aren't willing to meet the price.
Also guys like Nash, Tatar and Nyquivst are still available and could be had for less.
Buffalo will still probably get a late first for Kane maybe a prospect also.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
With players like Pacioretty, Nash, and god knows what from OTT available, I don't see Kane fetching much. Still a must to move him before the TDL.

MN could use some help, but fans would riot if Fletcher does another BUF trade.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
In the right situation he could be a star again. Problem is that he can't be counted on as "the guy" and is likely going to be paid like it.

If he goes to a team that has a strong leadership core (nashville, Pittsburgh, San Jose, LA) i think he'd be fine. I fully expect him to get overpaid by Benning in the offseason though and continue his underwhelming ways.

I think teams are interested in Kane but more than likely not at the cost Buffalo fans would like. I think Buffalo will be better off once they ship him out.
Well the leadership in Wpg. got Chevy to finally make a trade to get the bad apple out of the locker room for good. That was after giving him many chances in hopes he'd grow up.
I wonder how long the leaders on the teams you mention would put up with him.

You are probably right about Benning. He might just throw a pick @ whatever team he's on after the season to get 1st right of negotiation.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
With players like Pacioretty, Nash, and god knows what from OTT available, I don't see Kane fetching much. Still a must to move him before the TDL.

MN could use some help, but fans would riot if Fletcher does another BUF trade.
Kane will fetch more than your post implies. But not as high as what has been reported as the asking price.

My opinion........Kane goes in a package deal. If you look at the playoff races, there are teams looking to bolster scoring 5v5 and pk'ing, hence a Kane and Pouliot package, as incarcerated bob reported on. It makes sense.
Lehner may go as well, once again, maybe a package.

Botterill won't be looking to hard line on draft picks imo. The Sabres need prospects at or near NHL ready and vets with high octane compete leadership. There are still plenty of teams to get real tangible value in return. It's not always about who wins the trade in immediate impact. Botterill is playing the long game here in Buffalo, he doesn't have a choice.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
That is insane. I would not give up a 1st by itself for a rental like Kane. I honestly wouldn’t want him even for Sheary. The Pens have solid options without bringing someone in that is not the best team player. The Pens don’t need to mess with chemistry.

You're insane for not wanting to trade him for Sheary.

Straight up delusional. Sheary has not been that good this year.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Translation: no 1sts, but underwhelming 1st round prospects who are not planning out.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fletcher's house and office on lockdown. Phone lines and electricity are cut, and fax machines hidden.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Really? What difference did he make to Buffalo? They were last without him and they are last with him. The only difference he made to WPG is when he left....... they got better.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Really? What difference did he make to Buffalo? They were last without him and they are last with him. The only difference he made to WPG is when he left....... they got better.

Such a simplistic way of viewing things

Reactions: Mimsy

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
When a team that can't score doesn't want a guy but tries selling him as a scorer... that kinda tells you something.

Reactions: russ4king

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad